Love Master/slave

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.

Do you want to be a love Master/slave

That is my goal
14%
I'd rather find it as a free companion
4%
I don't want the pressure, though it could be fun
10%
Hell no, not interested
16%
Whatever happens, happens. I'm down for anything.
41%
It usually ends up leading to drama that isn't worth it
16%

Total votes: 51
Arella
SL Name: You

Re: Love Master/slave

Postby Arella » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm

It would be great if it was just rp'd and not taken oocly. I've been on four chains, all four disintegrated due to ooc slave drama. My first & second chain, the fg insisted that our Master get rid of the rest of the slaves. The third chain, the fg tried to drown herself, unless our Master fc'd her and gave the rest of us up. The last chain, the sg made up a fake IM log in an effort to get me kicked off the chain. The outcome of first, second and third: the fg won. The fourth, where I was the Masters love slave: We were all released and our Master "left SL".

I want to say that I'll follow Scully's story wherever it leads her but this is one thing that I just won't rp again. Well I can't say I won't. Perhaps if its a good female friend of mine running my Masters man's avatar. :egrin:

Targaryen Ghiardie wrote:Balls. Use them.

Yes. Please do. It's tiring to see slave-ruled "Masters". I actually directly said no to a master the other day and flat out refused to do what he ordered me to do. He said "Okay". Master T perhaps he can borrow your balls?
Neekoh

Postby Neekoh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Arella wrote:Yes. Please do. It's tiring to see slave-ruled "Masters". I actually directly said no to a master the other day and flat out refused to do what he ordered me to do. He said "Okay". Master T perhaps he can borrow your balls?

maybe he couldn't be arsed , using his balls in you?
Cortez
SL Name: Cortez
Role: Sippy Cup
Home Stone: The Borough

Postby Cortez » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:44 pm

I'm sorry you found yourself in those situations, Arella. OOC drama is no fun for anyone.

Not to take your quote out of context, but this is something I want to address:

Arella wrote: It's tiring to see slave-ruled "Masters".

Here is an issue that goes both way. It sucks when people are easily manipulated. I don't think you were implying this at all, given your experiences :(....

But I want to discuss the difference between a man catering the drama of other players, and slave players who get the wrong idea from the start of a situation. For example. I see the situation reversed, in a way. Some people have solid Rp partners that they come online solely to RP with. I think a lot of women expect a man to RP with them solely because they feel, as women, they are owed that, and when the man makes a choice to engage with their rp partner rather than a random slave, or only take one slave/companion/rp partner, that the man is therefore 'whipped.'
"Paranoids are not paranoid because they're paranoid, but because they keep putting themselves, fucking idiots, deliberately into paranoid situations." — Thomas Pynchon
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Arella wrote:Yes. Please do. It's tiring to see slave-ruled "Masters". I actually directly said no to a master the other day and flat out refused to do what he ordered me to do. He said "Okay". Master T perhaps he can borrow your balls?

Maybe the master has no time for an other slave drama story of a recalcitrant slave that seems to be the trent nowaday and just thinks by himself . "for you ten others "
Erebus Kaul
SL Name: Erebus Kaul
Role: Trader / Wine Merchant
Home Stone: Isle of Tyros

Postby Erebus Kaul » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:03 pm

I actually made a conscious decision a couple months ago not to get too emotionally attached to my kajira. The plan was to just have fun with the roleplay, and not worry too much about OOC stuff. People are adults, they should know what they are getting into when they show up in a Gorean sim, we don't need to delve into each other's rl, etc., etc., so let's just keep it on the level of the rp.

I probably should have realized how well this plan would work out because it was prompted by a pair of major relationship crashes.

Other people seem to be able to keep everything on an rp level. At least it seems that way. It's not always easy to judge how people interact in private, whether it's rl or sl or sl gor. I can play an aloof, dismissive, Gorean master, but I just can't be that way all the time. I am not going to treat someone as a slave OOC even if they say that is what they want. I just can't do it. If I am going to collar someone then OOCly I want to like them and I want them to enjoy spending time with me, and I want to be able to develop rp situations that are interesting and engaging for all of us.

I ended up being very lucky and now have two kajirae who genuinely like each other - meaning no chain drama - and I am very fond of them OOC. So my plan to keep everything on the rp just isn't going to happen. I do get attached to my kajira, perhaps I am not Gorean enough, I don't know, and I'm not that worried about it. This is just the way I am.
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:16 pm

I do think there are two, or more than two LOL things to consider in this thread

1. OOC attachment to your slave or owner or companion or RP partner.

2. RP'ing the role of love slave or love Master instead of some other type of slave (this is not about OOC feelings)

Wanting to try to explore that role or dynamic of a love slave relationsihp isn't something roleplayers should necessarily shy away from IF they think they found the person with whom the OOC wants/needs/expectations/limits match.

The love slave dynamic could make a great story for both parties.

The problem is many equate this with a mirrored thing going on behind the scenes in IM's and that's not always so.

I think it could be quite challenging to play a slave who was convinced that she was the love slave of a man, but he didn't feel the same, he owned her but perhaps he scoffed at the concept of a love slave, or even loved another. Or a love slave who was sold to another, or whose owner died. The reverse could be fun, imagine a man who was convinced a certain slave was his love slave, and she was a good happy slave, and worked to please him, but it was another who lived in her heart or she simply isn't the type to love at all.

Oh wait... :shifty: :hrm: :silent:
yes... those were challenging RP's and I don't necessarily recommend them after all.
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Thyri wrote:Many women are better RPers in terms of number of words used than men.

Many people are under the mistaken impression that the number of words you use is an indication of their quality.

Arella wrote:The third chain, the fg tried to drown herself, unless our Master fc'd her and gave the rest of us up.

I'm torn. On the one hand I want to feel sympathy for you for being in this kind of situation. On the other I'm busy trying not to laugh at the image of the master standing there watching his fg drown herself.

I picture him looking a little bored, hands behind his head maybe. She's all gblrbfglI'll do it I willglblggl and he's like Could you maybe hurry this up I've got things to do today other than watch you inhale water and she's all But but butgslbabllbg and he's just like Fuck she can't even drown herself right why did I make her first girl I can't remember and then there was much XD and a little D: and lots of gabllgbhgbahgkg. And thus she was watered muchly.
Conversation is more useful than conversion.
Arella
SL Name: You

Postby Arella » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:38 pm

@Cortex and Vylixan: You're right, perhaps it was a bit of a one sided comment and I really didn't mean that its the only reason that a man would not be as much a master as I'd like to see, or even that he is being a weak master. Our rp styles aren't mixing and it could have easily been his way of ending the rp he probably wasn't enjoying. But it was said in the context of Love Slave: IC vs OOC and all the problems I'd had with that in the past, not as a blanket statement. I apologize for wording it as one.

@Shjade: That was pretty much how it went!
Sita
SL Name: ...

Postby Sita » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 pm

...About that whole depressed slave thing.

There's one example I always come back to when my slave character is in emotional distress, and that's Elinor. I like Captive best out of the books because it's essentially about a person learning how to stop being selfish.

There are two places in there that I've emulated in my story. One, after Elinor was so severely smacked down that she finally figured out she wasn't going to get away with stealing berries and shit, she just did her work day in and day out and hoped no one would expect anything else of her. She was quiet, solitary, and angry. When it came down to it, of course, she served beautifully because she was scared of being beaten and boxed again. This is a workable attitude I think. It doesn't piss anyone off and you're not being a douche. You're just not being sing-songy, and you're holding to some imagined sense of freedom.

There's another instance after Rask sells her that she has to live the post-love slave life. Was there ever a more fused M/s couple in the books than Rask and Elinor? She survived, and she didn't throw a shit fit at anyone, and she did her work, and she continued to love him. She was simply happy to know that he was alive out there somewhere, though she was empty without him. This is sort of how my character Rachael is behaving now... with some added sexual deviance threaded in. She's empty, but happy she was able to experience something so true and rare, if only for a short time. And sure, she watches for his return, though it'll likely never come. Meanwhile she is not a crabby bitch, because she is grateful.

At least, that's what I'm going for.

Edit: In other news, I always say you can tell a woman driving a male avatar if he knows how to tell women to go away. Real men, particularly Americans, have not been raised to do this, or to be impolite to women. It comes very hard for them.
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Sita wrote:In other news, I always say you can tell a woman driving a male avatar if he knows how to tell women to go away. Real men, particularly Americans, have not been raised to do this, or to be impolite to women. It comes very hard for them.

Proof that Wayne Brady is a woman: he knows how to choke a bitch.
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Return to “General RP Discussions”