Game of Thrones Prequel - Confirmed!!

Vector
Site Admin
SL Name: Vector

Game of Thrones Prequel - Confirmed!!

Postby Vector » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:21 pm

This is great news on many levels and I am super excited to see what comes of it!!!

https://news.sky.com/story/hbo-confirms-game-of-thrones-prequel-and-hints-at-what-to-expect-11399636
If you see something broken on these boards send me a PM please.
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: Game of Thrones Prequel - Confirmed!!

Postby Oor » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:20 am

Age of heroes could be very cool, and I'm stoked that Goldman is going to be involved in the writing!
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Vector wrote:This is great news on many levels and I am super excited to see what comes of it!!!

https://news.sky.com/story/hbo-confirms-game-of-thrones-prequel-and-hints-at-what-to-expect-11399636

It's the cash cow of TV, they will milk it for years to come.

HBO needs this series alive in 2019, 2020, 2021 and beyond to keep their subscriptions up. So I imagine it's a case of HBO's stakeholders demanding GoT continues to run, rather than a legitimate premise for a prequel.

Can they deliver on a show with 40+ new characters(half of whom will die), and a plot which isn't just a rehash of ASOIAF in another era. There's a danger of it going the same route as 'The Walking Dead', one of the highest rated TV shows that sank into repetition and lost its audience.

What's funny about GoT is, the people I once would have told "Read this series/Watch this show... it's about knights, dragons and zombies..." They would have laughed. And those are some of the show's most committed fans now. Other adaptations of sci-fi/fantasy novels would draw in large audiences too if given a chance. It's where Netflix is winning right now, they're investing in every direction. Altered Carbon was amazing and now they're working on The Witcher (There's also a Castlevania mini-series already out).

Now Youtube is producing shows too, whoever hasn't seen Cobra Kai needs to get on it!

The race is on right now for licences to adapt every fictional series from the past century, it's where HBO should be investing their 5M/episode budget, and they can return to GoT in 2024 or so.
Vector
Site Admin
SL Name: Vector

Postby Vector » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:33 pm

'Cobra Kai'.....mmmm, I'll look out for it. Netflix or other?

Yep, you're right about the cash cow, and dare I say it but Vikings is going down that route right now; losing the audience. I've been watching it avidly and over the course of the current season I am losing interest. The momentum has just gone. I suspect the GoT prequel will be hugely disappointing. I mean, just look at the boots it has to fill. Still, I am excited to see it all the same.

As for Walking Dead, I am proud to announce that I have never seen it lol! True story and not trolling.
If you see something broken on these boards send me a PM please.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 pm

TWD is definitely worth a watch for the first 4-5 seasons, it has its moments.

Cobra Kai is on 'Youtube Red', their new subscription service. However you can watch it, it's one of the surprise shows of the year. A comedy around parenthood with characters from the Karate Kid - sounds ridiculous but it works.

Return to “General”