The Price of Beauty

Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

The Price of Beauty

Postby Ceri the Urt » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Soooo when I returned to Gor I decided to visit the hub because...well, it's the hub, and I basically got told I was..(in so many words) Old school and needed to upgrade my avi...now...Ceri was by no means ugly. I had a gorgeous Curio Skin, had Mesh hair and some Mesh cloths. Apparently however..I was "outdated..."

At first I resisted...cause that's what I do. I am a fighter, and a resister so for like an hour or two I was like NO, I WILL NOT CHANGE!
And then I went shopping....

*sigh*

I bought a mesh body....that was easy. Maitreya seemed good so, bam I have a body.
Heads on the other hand...what a fucking nightmare. I Messed up, bought the wrong head, and applier...had to start over, bought another head and applier, then more mesh hair, mesh outfits....and now I am broke so I went to buy more Lindens and found out through the process how much I spent and now I just want to die...like...omg....

When did SL get so expensive! AH!
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: The Price of Beauty

Postby Tantus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:35 am

The last I thought about updating an av, it totalled 15k ($60) just to get started.
At one time you could make avs for 3k (Skin, Hair, Clothes, Accessories) and you were good to go!

It's belated advice now but Mesh parts and Appliers all have Demos, make use of them. Try on some mesh heads and settle on one, then go through appliers from every store you like. In the end you're purchasing one head, one body and one applier that should work on both. The head should be a newer Bento one, so that narrows it down too.

There're so many options on the market right now you'll have a breakdown unless you have some strategy to your shopping. I tried together demos for an evening and that's as far as I could humanly go, Mesh shopping is a bitch! The av I login from time to time was last updated in 2016, the game has changed since then so others can advice you better.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:46 pm

It is almost a chore now to get your avi ready to do anything! Between attaching all the items, finding the right applier THEN getting dressed I found an hour or so may have passed! This is one of the biggest reasons why I hardly mess with SL now.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Yea. It costs a shitload.

And I don't see much of a difference TBH. Male avis gain almost nothing. I find all mesh heads end up looking the same. So if you get a catwa...they all look like a catwa. If you get Aesthetic - they all look the same. There are some good skins for all of them, but I'm not impressed with the mesh at all.

I'm glad because I make some cash in SL - but I'd never put in money to buy the stuff. It's idiotically expensive.

Return to “General”