Ouroboros: A Gorean Sim in the Spirit of the Books

FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Ouroboros: A Gorean Sim in the Spirit of the Books

Postby FeorieFrimon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:48 pm

Hey guys!

As some of you know, I've been working on a sim build for the last few weeks. I am 99% done, and wanted to send an invitation to you to come check it out.

I'm super excited about this build. It's the first one I've gotten to do on my own, and I worked really hard to try and make it...different. The concept is 'in the spirit of the books', but different enough to (hopefully) not make our players feel boxed in. I even added some things to the build to try and make it...different and unique. Weird plants (Tantus....you are the man!) Interesting buildings. Pretty views.

I'm not trying to pressure you to come (though it would be awesome if you did!) This is suppose to be a super laid back sim project. So, whether or not you need a place to call home, or just want to come and bring some role play here some times, I invite you to come and take a look.

There is a 'Tarn Tour' that flies you around the sim and explains the story line concept as well as shows you were some of the cool spots are. It takes about 10 mins, so between that and the SUPER EASY rules, the entire process should take less than 15 mins and minimal clicking. You can just sit back, go for a ride, and then explore if you have to time to play around.

Role play officially opens 2/1/2017, but the sim will be open for the next few days for people to look around without worry and ask questions. Everyone is welcome, so feel free to pass this note card to your friends and join the group for more information.

If you snap pictures, would you post them here or send them to me? I'm not super talented with that, and I know some of you guys are!

Thanks again for your time! I hope to see you there and look forward to all the amazing stories we will create together!

Sincerely,
Feorie Frimon

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blissful%20Haven/66/201/1989
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Re: Ouroboros: A Gorean Sim in the Spirit of the Books

Postby Tamar Luminos » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Whoo hoo! Will have to check it out! :D
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
eligiblejam
SL Name: Eligiblejam Resident
AkA: Romulus Agrippa

Postby eligiblejam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:59 pm

Checked it out last night. Very interesting design (an enclave within rocky mountains). The exotic plants are definitely a nice touch and convey the idea of being in a different world. Sensical rules, written in the form of "Ten Commandments".

GM is optional. I wished it were forbidden, as it counters the story-based spirit of the sim (metered combat does little to move storylines and only attracts pew-pewers).

All in all, a nice concept and I'm looking forward to its opening tomorrow.
Purist, not elitist.
FeorieFrimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:42 pm

eligiblejam wrote:GM is optional. I wished it were forbidden, as it counters the story-based spirit of the sim (metered combat does little to move storylines and only attracts pew-pewers).

I'll be honest...I've never been a big fan of the meter. I only added it because I always think of an old friend of mine, Bear, fighting for the meter in sims years ago. I wonder if he'd to the same thing now?

If I can find a way to do a poll or something, maybe we could get one going. The players that spend time there can vote on whether or not they want the GM meter at all?
Sabina Takakura
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Postby Sabina Takakura » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:43 pm

I really love the build Fe! I wish there were more "public" areas (although the tavern and black market are really cool) but in general some spots for gathering, even if they're outside. I'd even be down for some dark alleys.

The plant life is spectacular, and really does set the mood here! Probably the best setting in Gor at the moment!

Edit to add pics which I'm sure others can do far better than me I just got windlight happy.

FeorieFrimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:37 pm

Yup! Working on market stalls now outside...to make it more...common. The 'couching bar' and the clinic are sort of public. And the back 'patio areas' ae public. I need more signs! :)
FeorieFrimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Hey guys!

The 'tarn ferries' to the 'Black Market/Slave Market' and the 'Tavern' are now done. So you don't need a tarn to get around anymore. :) Huzzah!

Also, 'market stalls' should be added today or tomorrow.

We're open and RPing, so if you are just looking for a place to set roots while you got out and explore other sims, or are looking for a fresh start somewhere, we'd love to have you. :)

Thanks in advance!
Vector
Site Admin
SL Name: Vector

Postby Vector » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:24 pm

This forum now resides in the correct location. I wasn't sure if the forum should be called 'Ouroboros' or 'City of Ouroboros'; you'll have to let me know.

Hope everything works out for you!
If you see something broken on these boards send me a PM please.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Sabina Takakura wrote:Image

Any sim with a scenic cliff-edge for threatening to throw slaves from, or to feed them into tentacled leech-plants is going in the right direction 8-)

It's an interesting build. As to GM meters, I think they're largely redundant on 'Gor RP' sims and just feed more drama than roleplay.

Return to “Ouroboros”