Savage Sword

Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: Savage Sword

Postby Tantus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Glaucon has a point with Spellfire, as GM would be limiting on a sim with magical combat. Spellfire can be confusing to start with as there're many compatible meters

The last sim I encountered it on, was using the Unity meter(a Spellfire variant) by Warwick Falconer. This type of meter spices up your battles with fireballs, lightening, healing etc... The information below is from the included NC.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
§§ -- UNITY COMBAT/Role Play METER -- §§

PLEASE READ THIS!!

Probably the last thing Second Life needed was another combat meter. With such great meters as Spell Fire, Spell Fire 3, and Omega, we have all enjoyed a great deal of fun. However, we have all equally experienced the frustration of extreme lag ruining attempts to have large group battles (inter-sim, etc). In most cases we all end up struggling just to move, much less to engage in fun tactical battles! I initially developed this meter to be a simple arena meter, with very few functions, and with one purpose in mind: to be low lag and low impact on sims. As a consequence I was asked by a large number of sims to bring more functionality to the meter (particularly around races and stats).

After considerable performance testing, including with very large battles, I am pleased to release this version for the community to use. There are only two small scripts total in the meter and HUD, with a full setup HUD to do most of the 'heavy lifting' for getting your character situated. I have focused huge energy on optimizing these scripts for small size and performance.

There are trade-offs when your goal is to reduce latency, but I am confident this meter can provide full support for combat and role play needs in even the most complex situations. Combined with a concerted sim effort to remove all clothing scripts and other "bulk" scripts from avatars, I believe sims will be able to enjoy SIGNIFICANT improvements in fielding large battles with full movement.

This version of Unity is now quite independent of the SETUP HUDs that I provide in the package. This allows sims to customise race, rank and other settings to accommodate for their special needs. If you desire to have a custom setup HUD, please contact me directly. I have provided a setup HUD for the New Statistics developed with the Great Alliance group, and also one for using Standard race and rank statistics found in the Omega meter by Malakh Freiman.

§§ -- SIMPLE SETTINGS -- §§

Many sims may want avoid Character settings and have the easiest setup possible. In these cases, you simply wear the HUD and meter. All stats are equal and set at normal (100). If you choose, you can tailor your sim settings to include rank, class and race settings independent of each other. The Setup HUDs allows you to tailor your settings to the needs of the group or sim.

§§ -- STANDARD "OMEGA" SETTINGS -- §§

Many sims have standardised on the race settings in the Omega meter created, and do not wish to vary from that. To use these character statistics simply wear the "Unity Setup - Standard Stats" HUD provided in the package. Select your Gender, Race, Rank and Title using the HUD and then exit the setup. A card (Standard Stats) has been provided for you in the package, which lists all the races and their character statistics.

§§ -- NEW CHARACTER SETTINGS -- §§

Working closely with the Great Alliance group, we have developed new character stats that we feel work more fairly in battle and in rp. To use these statistics simply wear the "Unity Setup - New Stats" HUD provided in the package. The setup process for getting your character settings (stats) tailored to you properly is quite simple. There are four levels of stats that add together to give you your final character stats. The table at the end shows the stats for each of these setup variables. A card (New Stats) has been provided for you in the package, which lists all the races and their character statistics

1. Your CLASS selection determines the base level for health and stamina.
2. Your RACE GROUP has adjustments that add/subtract to the base stamina and health.
3. Your RACE automatically determines the remainder of the settings for food, air, and resistances.
4. Your RANK selection adjusts health and stamina to give your final stats for the character.

§§ -- USING THE METER -- §§

In the crate you will find the following:

Unity HUD v1.xx - the meter Heads Up Display
Unity Resurrect - for those who have the approval to ressurect
Unity v1.xx - the meter itself
Unity Setup - New Stats
Unity Setup - Standard Stats
Unity Meter Information notecard
Unity Meter Races & Statistics notecards

Step 1. Wear the HUD, meter and one of the Setup HUDs. Set up you character from the options on the HUD:

* Gender - select male or female
* (New Stats only) Class - select your class from the options. This will setup up your base stats for health and stamina.
* Race - type in your race. You will need to look at the race Notecard in your Unity folder.
* Rank - select a rank for which you have been approved. Each level adds 5 health and 5 stamina.

* Title - When you first wear the meter the title will be "Unity v1.0". You may replace this by typing in your own title.
You can type 256 characters, including line breaks, so you can have complicated titles like:

Unity Empire of Warriors
First Knight
Ambassador for the Realm

Many sims prefer to have ALL members use the first line for the name of the group, however I simply cannot
hard-code this in for sims. With well over 100 sims out there, any updates to the meter would require hours and
hours of work simply to redo the hard-coded portion. My recommendation for sims who desire this is to simply
insist that all members use the first line as directed by the sim/group owner..

* Detach the Setup HUD when finished.

Step 2. Set up Armor, Magic Resistance and flying status if any.

* Click on the Options button on the meter HUD, and then on Armor and Magic options in the menu.
Each click will add 1 level of protection.
* Set your flying status, if appropriate
- Flyer = you have flight but must land before attacking anyone
- Flying Archer = you have permission to fire arrows while in flight
- Flying Caster = you have permission to cast spells while in flight
* The flight settings deduct significant amounts from your health. This is intended to level the
playing field (flying attacker are quite powerful in battle).
* To return to your normal stat settings, simply select the Normal option from the HUD menu.

Step 3. Enjoy!

Other settings
==========
* Tournament Mode - removes all settings except for Health and Stamina.
* Normal Mode - restores all settings to their previous level.
* Color - allows you to select the text color for the meter.
* Resurrect - if you wear the HUD with resurrect, you can use this button to bring people back to life.
This is not "heal", and applies only on one avatar at a time. You must be with 10 meters of an

§§ --Unity HUD-- §§

The meter will show four stat readings: Health, Stamina, Food, and Air, while the meter will additionally display Magic and Armor levels if they are set. The Reset option is a 'soft reset', and will retain all your Setup information. In Tournament mode only Health and Stamina readings are considered by the meter, and are standardised at 100 point each. All Race stats and Race resistances are ignored in Tournament mode.

§§ -- METER SPECIFICATIONS -- §§

Health regeneration rate: 1 point every 25 seconds
Stamina regeneration rate: 1 point every 25 seconds but ONLY while sitting on an object
Stamina reduction (penalty for swinging weapon): depends on the Spellfire weapon
Stamina reduction (armor): 1 point every ten minutes for each level of armor
Air reduction rate: 12 points every 10 seconds when under water
Air restoration: 100% immediate upon being above water
Food reduction: 1 point every hour

* Armor & Stamina Drain: In the Spellfire meter, the scripting in any piece of worn armor sends a code to the meter telling it what armor level has been set, and also sends a periodic code to the meter to drain stamina. However, many folks have developed HUDs to set armor levels without knowing to send the stamina drain code to the meter. Unfortunately, this allows you to set high armor protection with no penalty whatsoever. Unfortunately, there is no simple way to overcome this dilemma, so I have scripted the Unity meter to now set stamina drain independent of the communication from any existing armor. Unfortunately I cannot figure a simple way to ensure that the old armor that is worn (via prim or hud) is actually sending the correct stamina drain information. So, if you wear any of the older Spellfire scripted armor you will unfortunately be hit with twice the stamina drain.

The positive side of this is, by using the Unity HUD to set armor and magic, avatars will be wearing less prims and scripts.

§§ -- UNITY Class, Race and other Stat settings for the New Stats --§§

Great effort has been made to standardize and simplify the setting of race and class stats. While most all races in existing Spellfire-type meters are included in this meter, there are commonalities in settings based on the tables below.

============================================================================================
CLASS AC/MR LEVEL 1 2 3 4 5
============================================================================================
Warrior 3 / 0 120h / 90s +5 / +5 +10 / +10 +15 / +15 +20 / +20

Berzerker 0 / 1 115h / 95s +5 / +5 +10 / +10 +15 / +15 +20 / +20

Paladin/Warden/Cavalier 3 / 0 110h / 100s +5 / +5 +10 / +10 +15 / +15 +20 / +20

Ranger/Vigilante/Mage Hunter 2 / 1 105h / 105s +5 / +5 +10 / +10 +15 / +15 +20 / +20

Druid/Shaman/Bard/Priest 1 / 2 100h / 110s +5 / +5 +10 / +10 +15 / +15 +20 / +20

Rogue 1 / 0 95h / 115s +5 / +5 +10 / +10 +15 / +15 +20 / +20

Mage 0 / 3 90h / 120s +5 / +5 +10 / +10 +15 / +15 +20 / +20

None 0 / 0 100h / 100s

RACE GROUP HEALTH/STAM EXAMPLES
Giants +30 / -10 Dragon, Ent, Giant

Metas +20 / -0 Angel, Demon, Elemental, Troll, Griffon, Ogre, Drake, Centaur, Wyvern

Brutes +10 / +10 Lycan, Orc, Gargoyle, Dwarves, Beast, Minotaur, Manticore, Vampire

Normals -0 / +20 Human, Elves, Drow, Halfling, Faun/Satyr, Nymph, Siren, Mer, Dryad

Diminutives -10 / +30 Fae, Sprite, Pixie, Goblin, Gnome, Ghost, Skeleton, Imp, Critter

Warwick Falconer
Syndel
SL Name: Syndel Daviau

Postby Syndel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Thanks for pointing that one out! I will show Dyce this option as he usually chooses the meter and is more in tune with Spellfire as well. We used it only once about 5 years ago in a rp experiment in a homestead that we had. I recall not caring much for having to eat all the time :D But it probably changed by now. We'll check both.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 am

But...but...there are no elves! *cries*
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Drevan
SL Name: Drevan Darkbyrd
Caste: Caste of Scribes
Role: Head of Caste
Home Stone: Vonda
AkA: Drevan

Postby Drevan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:15 am

Dragons, Bilbo, Dragons
Elle Couerblanc

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Elle Couerblanc wrote:But...but...there are no elves! *cries*

Have a closer look. :lol:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Natureallea
Natureallea as well as nightwalkers are the guardians of nature. Kind by nature, they roam the land during daytime and save the night for rest as their magic is greatly decreased when the sun goes down. Focused on healing, growing, tending, they are also agile fighters, very skilled with the bow and the staff.
Habitat: The forest. Healers tend to travel weekly for one day, taking turns, to be present at the Temple.
Traits: Pointy ears, extreme beauty, slim and tall bodies, fair skin, eyes like gems, fast and silent of motions, extreme affinity with animals who tend to obey or follow them - some specially specifically in that skill. They are, of course, vegan. Community oriented society.
Deity: Hesia, Bringer of Life. She is Chaotic Good, as nature cannot be tamed, Hesia is a free goddess of joy and delight.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! ELVES!! Thank you Kait.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:27 pm

How long something lasts is not so important as long as you enjoy it. A great one night stand you might remember your whole life, while from a boring realtion you only remember the misery. :lol:
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Now I know Second Life Gor is really dying...

The Dyce and Syndell, Eve Cartier Built 4-6 week Gor Bubble has moved to Hyboria.

So we established Elves... How about fairies? Are there fairies in Hyboria?

I want to be a fairy for the one night stand Conan Sim! :thumbup:
Elle Couerblanc

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:Now I know Second Life Gor is really dying...

The Dyce and Syndell, Eve Cartier Built 4-6 week Gor Bubble has moved to Hyboria.

So we established Elves... How about fairies? Are there fairies in Hyboria?

I want to be a fairy for the one night stand Conan Sim! :thumbup:

Jeez...they are called FAES!!! Not Fairies, Hawt. Use the right term next time. :P

Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm such a Non-in-the-loop-harry-potter-LOTR-Poser-loser....

:(

Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Tsssk. Fae (or Fey) = Fairy (or Faerie).

Faeries seem to be mostly English/British (or celtic) in origin. It was people like Shakespeare and later writers of Victorian books for children that made them tiny (they were a normal size before, in Chaucer, for example). They used to be equated with elves (linked to the nymphs from classical times) on the British isles (also made small in children's tales, like Santa's little helpers), but elves were also part of Germanic and Scandinavian folklore and those never turned tiny with wings. Tolkien based his elves on that continental folklore more than the English version of elves/faeries, and his elves became the mold for the 'staple' fantasy elves in RPG's and fantasy lit, with tiny fairies continuing on separately as the tiny Tinkerbell-type flutterers from Peter Pan.

The 'Fae' or 'Fey' (or sometimes Sidhe, the Irish word for Elves/Fae, also known as aos sí) are relative fantasy/RPG upstarts, clearly inspired by the original faeries/elves from English literature, probably revived because Tolkien and later fantasy had done too much to define 'elves' in a particular way and because writers and game-creators wanted another 'magical' race. They became a separate entity from elves and fairies quite recently. Sometimes, they seem to be blue, for some reason. The 'Seelie' and 'Unseelie' court stuff seems to have some basis in Scottish folklore (Seelie is supposed to be related to the word 'silly' and is used by Chaucer, and this folklore is supposed to be linked to the Irish Sidhe as well, though I am not sure if that had this seelie/unseelie court thing).

I have no idea who or what brought this whole Seelie and Unseelie thing into popular fantasy (as part of something connected to this Fae/Fey/Sidhe 'race') and carried it over into modern fantasy and RPGs. Probably one or more fantasy writers I never read (possibly linking it to King Arthur's legend, which it does seem to have become associated with) or a table-top RP system I never played coming in the wake of the more well-known D&D system.

Personally, I think these modern fantasy 'Fae/Fey' are a bit like the sparkly vampires from Twilight. :thumbup:

Return to “General”