SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

some mesh I can see some I cannot?

Postby Lacey » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:02 am

Can anyone help me get some insight into this? Some mesh loads completely fine the same with non rigged mesh. I can see people just fine, most my clothing, and mostly I see others just fine when they are wearing mesh. A few weeks ago though, I bought a mesh tee shirt kit. The whole point was to learn how to texture on the maps of them. The only problem is the shirts do not show on me. It looks as if I'm simply wearing an object on my hand. My friend Tia sees the mesh on me though.

I've tried several viewers and with the same results. I have tried several different days in case it was just a bad connection day or a second life is going to eat you day. Here is what I'm speaking of in pictures:

This is what I see

This is what my friends see
I should have never cut her hair!
Architeuthis
SL Name: ~

Re: some mesh I can see some I cannot?

Postby Architeuthis » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Try swapping different mesh outfits and seeing if you get different results.

Some mesh makers upload super high poly models which take a fair amount of computing power to display. Or they sometimes have mesh models in which the normal mapping gets reversed. Mesh in SL is one sided meaning there is one side where you see the texture and another where there's nothing, just a blank face.

It's that or adjust the LOD level on your viewer to a higher number. Try setting your graphics preferences to a higher level and see if the mesh pops into view.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Blackwolf wrote:It's that or adjust the LOD level on your viewer to a higher number.

Maybe it is the same thing as what Blackwolf mentioned, but I remember having to adjust the memory allocated for mesh objects upwards at some point, to allow me to view all mesh objects. That helped.

A better tip: Join the Firestorm support group and as in there. Helpful crowd.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:04 pm

I would suggest like Glaucon, Firestorm group.... And did you clean your cache? Because switching viewers does not help, in fact, in some cases, you mess with your cache.

Another tip: Preferences, Graphics, Hardware Settings and enable Anisotropic Filtering. It helped me with a mesh issue.
Violetta Daviau
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Postby Violetta Daviau » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:56 am

I had two advises in the past. One from the Rochembeau creator:

"go to debug setting and go to meshmaxconcurrentrequests = set to 200"

And one from the Firestorm support forums:

- Logout
- Make sure hidden files and folders are set to show
- Browse to:
--- On XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Application Data\Firestorm
--- On Windows Vista and 7: C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm
--- On a Mac: /Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Firestorm
--- On Linux: ~/.firestorm
- In this Firestorm folder, open the folder that has the name of your affected account, eg) whirly_fizzle
- Delete the file named texture_list_last.xml
- Login and see if the troublesome meshes then load.
Lacey

Postby Lacey » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Glaucon wrote:
Blackwolf wrote:It's that or adjust the LOD level on your viewer to a higher number.

Maybe it is the same thing as what Blackwolf mentioned, but I remember having to adjust the memory allocated for mesh objects upwards at some point, to allow me to view all mesh objects. That helped.

A better tip: Join the Firestorm support group and as in there. Helpful crowd.

Do you mean like make my cache folder limit bigger?

None of these suggestions worked. Thanks for trying though guys. I am starting to believe the size of the mesh is the troubling factor. Whenever I rez these shirts they are very tiny and high in prims compared to other rigged mesh. They are like barbie doll size.

The only suggestion I couldn't do was raise the graphic settings. I have it on high exactly. If I move it up more I auto crash.

Again thanks for the help, I think I'll just count my loses.
Architeuthis

Postby Architeuthis » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:17 pm

So can you see other mesh items or is it all mesh that's giving you a problem? Rigged mesh attaches to the right hand so when you first wear the item as it is loading up that's where you will see it. That you mention the item appears small and attached to your hand makes sense and suggests it might be an issue with the mesh itself (too high a poly count maybe or multiple high res textures) or your PC possibly or graphics card settings. I would do a complete uninstall of all the viewers and go with a clean install of Firestorm. Stick with one viewer for right now. See if that helps you at all. If not then please post your computer's stats here along with your graphics card settings and what OS you are using and we'll try that next.
Lacey

Postby Lacey » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:45 pm

Blackwolf wrote:So can you see other mesh items or is it all mesh that's giving you a problem? Rigged mesh attaches to the right hand so when you first wear the item as it is loading up that's where you will see it. That you mention the item appears small and attached to your hand makes sense and suggests it might be an issue with the mesh itself (too high a poly count maybe or multiple high res textures) or your PC possibly or graphics card settings. I would do a complete uninstall of all the viewers and go with a clean install of Firestorm. Stick with one viewer for right now. See if that helps you at all. If not then please post your computer's stats here along with your graphics card settings and what OS you are using and we'll try that next.

It only seems to be these kits I bought. They are all from the same creator. They are not small when I wear them, just when they are rezzed inworld. They look like normal objects worn on the hand when I try to wear them unlike other mesh that attaches to the hand but are placed where they should be on the avatar. I've come across one other friend that has the same issue with this mesh as I do. We put a shirt on a male friend of ours and the result is a little different. We actually see it on his chest compared to it being drug on the ground on me. The only thing messed up when he is wearing it is the sleeve stays straight and not on his arm and the shirt looks like it is stretched like a slide behind him. I stick with one viewer but I was making sure it wasn't a viewer problem. Maybe this particular mesh just has too many polygons for our computers to handle? I still cannot believe I'm out of 9k linden. To make matters worse I cannot give them away to someone who can actually see them properly. :(
Architeuthis

Postby Architeuthis » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:34 pm

It sounds like it may be a rigging issue. I would contact the creator and ask them to send you a replacement. If that doesn't work then I would ask for a refund and see if they will give you one.
wlddog
SL Name: Wldknight Resident
AkA: Wlddog

Postby wlddog » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:20 pm

I had this problem. I got a got a new graphics card and suddenly I cant see half the mesh around me. At the bottom of Preferences,Graphics, there is a box you check for "Hardware Something-or-other" You uncheck it... and it all instantly comes back.

Return to “Feedback/Help”