Mesh-enabled low lag viewer

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Re: Mesh-enabled low lag viewer

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Viorel wrote:I get great FPS on firestorm (80ish on average), but I tried Singularity and it kicked me up to 120.

Though, it seems to behave like/have a memory leak. Mind you, no benchmark test was done, I'm just highlighting symptoms.

Singularity seems to run really smoothly for me as well. The primary reason I don't use it that often is the photos come out horrible with shadows. But for someone with an older machine who isn't concerned about shadows etc I would recommend it.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Dren Bernard
SL Name: Dren Bernard
Caste: Physician's
Role: On sabatical
Home Stone: Salernum

Postby Dren Bernard » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Oor wrote:
I haven't even tried to log in for a month or two. And I'm pretty sure my fan is clogged up with dust and the remnants of a tobacco habit past. I'll have to open 'er up!

If you have a vacuum cleaner that can be reversed to blow, use that on the laptop before opening up. Worked for me with an old Dell.
Dren & Kait's Gorean Physician's resource:
http://teslikandsiproot.webs.com/
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Dren Bernard wrote:
Oor wrote:
I haven't even tried to log in for a month or two. And I'm pretty sure my fan is clogged up with dust and the remnants of a tobacco habit past. I'll have to open 'er up!

If you have a vacuum cleaner that can be reversed to blow, use that on the laptop before opening up. Worked for me with an old Dell.

You can also buy these small and cheap PC cleaning 'air blowers'. They don't cost much, and they have a narrow flexible tube through which the air goes that you can probaly stick inside your machine somehow. Might also do the trick.
Isabella Bergiere
SL Name: Isabella Bergiere

Postby Isabella Bergiere » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Glaucon wrote:
Dren Bernard wrote:
Oor wrote:

You can also buy these small and cheap PC cleaning 'air blowers'. They don't cost much, and they have a narrow flexible tube through which the air goes that you can probaly stick inside your machine somehow. Might also do the trick.

would a hairdryer on cold setting work?

Just popped into my head reading these replies.
Architeuthis
SL Name: ~

Postby Architeuthis » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Can of compressed air would be the best and safest option for cleaning a computer of dust. Have to be careful with electronics.

Return to “Viewers”