Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

For the Discussion of the Gorean Lifestyle.

Has Gorean RP Affected Your RL Sex Life?

I'm pretty vanilla RL and have stayed that way
1
3%
I'm pretty vanilla RL and have stayed that way
1
3%
I was kinky when I came to Gor
4
13%
I was kinky when I came to Gor
4
13%
I now wonder about adding certain aspects to my RL sex life
2
7%
I now wonder about adding certain aspects to my RL sex life
2
7%
I've added a bit of kink to my RL sex life based on curiosity sparked by gorean RP
3
10%
I've added a bit of kink to my RL sex life based on curiosity sparked by gorean RP
3
10%
My sexual desires changed significantly and I incorporate that regularly into my sex life
5
17%
My sexual desires changed significantly and I incorporate that regularly into my sex life
5
17%
 
Total votes: 30
Jason Susenko
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:59 pm
SL Name: Jason Susenko
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Merchant

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby Jason Susenko » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:34 pm

When I started RPing in Gor in 2006, I was interested more in the caste-based society and the low fantasy setting rather than anything slavery/sex oriented. At that time, I was not at all kinky, had never heard of D/s, and was otherwise quite sexually conservative. Needless to say, quite a bit has changed since, and I have Gorean RPers and SL to thank for opening my mind.

My experience also led me to help out newbie men, both in SL and RL, especially ones who are weirded out by open sexuality and/or D/s but are willing to learn. I'm always happy to see people explore their own sexual nature, and if Gorean RP is an instigator for such exploration, then more power to it.
Avatars:
Jason Susenko
Sarus Rau
Marius Glaz
User avatar
Kaitlin
Posts: 3057
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM
Contact:

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Jason Susenko wrote:When I started RPing in Gor in 2006, I was interested more in the caste-based society and the low fantasy setting rather than anything slavery/sex oriented. At that time, I was not at all kinky, had never heard of D/s, and was otherwise quite sexually conservative. Needless to say, quite a bit has changed since, and I have Gorean RPers and SL to thank for opening my mind.

My experience also led me to help out newbie men, both in SL and RL, especially ones who are weirded out by open sexuality and/or D/s but are willing to learn. I'm always happy to see people explore their own sexual nature, and if Gorean RP is an instigator for such exploration, then more power to it.


Thanks for your candor and sharing.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
User avatar
HorizonNinetails
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:19 am
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:37 pm

No.

But bondage ranch did.

Scary...huh? :D
User avatar
Kaitlin
Posts: 3057
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM
Contact:

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:46 pm

HorizonNinetails wrote:No.

But bondage ranch did.

Scary...huh? :D


Actually no. One of the reason I stated gor was "sex lite" :lol:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
User avatar
HorizonNinetails
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:19 am
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:57 pm

I never really saw "Master" as a sexually appealing term before RPing gor...now that I think about it.

I toss it in every now and again, but my RL calls me Sir when it comes to the bedroom and play. I'd rather Sir.

Hated the term "Master" before, but the more I play in gor the less I was annoyed by it. Now I actually enjoy it, if said by the right person for the right reason.

But...I mean....I'm more into stuff that wasn't on gor. Like...latex catsuits.
Vylixan
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 pm
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby Vylixan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
HorizonNinetails wrote:No.

But bondage ranch did.

Scary...huh? :D


Actually no. One of the reason I stated gor was "sex lite" :lol:


I am very surprised about this answer considering the other answer you gave.
User avatar
Kaitlin
Posts: 3057
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM
Contact:

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Vylixan wrote:I am very surprised about this answer considering the other answer you gave.


It may not be my thing but I can see how it could be others. Perhaps you misunderstood my response to you...

Not exactly the expansion I am talking about. It may turn your crank but I can't imagine anything less inspiring for RL than the typical BDSM sim but then again I don't find munches entertaining either.


This may not be my type of scene but I don't have a problem with others who enjoy BDSM. It just does not inspire me.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Vylixan
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 pm
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby Vylixan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Kaitlin wrote:It may not be my thing but I can see how it could be others. Perhaps you misunderstood my response to you...

I did not misunderstood it. I did not say that it cranks me up. that's why I am surprised with your answer

Gor is nothing groundbreaking on a sexual level and by that it did not expanded any RL Sexual Boundaries?
User avatar
Kaitlin
Posts: 3057
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM
Contact:

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:02 pm

Vylixan wrote:Gor is nothing groundbreaking on a sexual level and by that it did not expanded any RL Sexual Boundaries?


For you. Not everyone has the same experiences.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
User avatar
HorizonNinetails
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:19 am
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 pm

HAH. So true.

I have friends who wouldn't even know how to properly put on a condom, while others think anyone who does anything other than missionary in the darkness of their bedroom is practicing a fetish.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests