John Norman to be at WorldCon

For the Discussion of the Gorean Lifestyle.
Darius of Turia
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia

Re: John Norman to be at WorldCon

Postby Darius of Turia » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Hmm...I can see it.
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
Tarl Cabot
SL Name: Total Crab
Caste: Brachyura
Role: Scurvy Dawg
Home Stone: Bikini Bottom
Owner: Mr Krabs

Postby Tarl Cabot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:52 am

Darius of Turia wrote:Image

Hmm...I can see it.

See!

I couldn't help but notice that an unusual anagram of "Morgus Red Caste" works out at "Greased Scrotum".

So that PROVES it.
"I drip sarcasm like you drip stupid".
Architeuthis
SL Name: ~

Postby Architeuthis » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:33 pm

I ~seriously~ doubt Morgus is John Norman regardless of the photos. He does seem to have insider knowledge however so perhaps he is in touch with Mr. Norman himself or a peripheral contact such as his publisher, Richard Curtis.
Ghost
SL Name: Ghost of a chance
Caste: of thousands
Role: with the punches
Home Stone: more weight
Owner: H'ish or J'ish
AkA: tsk tsk

Postby Ghost » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:05 am

JN will be at LonCon3 He will be book signing between 10 and 11 on Friday 15th of August, and will be participating in a "kaffeeklatsch" later that day (4-5). Simon of Tabor pseudonym for Mark C', copyright agent for the chronicles has an arrangement to meet with him and his wife. JN will be around most of Loncon3 aka Worldcon.

http://www.loncon3.org/programme-participants.php

It is not rocket science and Morgus is just Morgus.

Oh and before anyone panics on hearing that Ereads has been sold to Open Roads, the books wont be affected as Richard C will remain as a consultant and be overseeing JN's account still.
;tybow:
"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a song sing it" Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu ;)
Morgus
SL Name: Morgus resident
Caste: Scribe - www.tcjn.info
Role: Bibliographer - gorbooks.com
Home Stone: Port Kar - www.portkar.com
AkA: Jon Ard

Postby Morgus » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Ghost, why would I say such a thing if it could be so easily ascertained as untrue; maybe I am not as informed as you ... perhaps you have seen this article - while old it does give some insight on the matter:

http://www.locusmag.com/2001/Department ... orman.html

I have read Lem's 2007 article on his interview with Mr Norman, in which he states he does go to conventions, but that doesn't mean he has not reaped, and still does reap, discriminatory actions from those who disagree with his writings ... while I do not know the actual number of times he has or has not attended various conventions (and I have put forth that question), he has not been and is still not welcome at some ... actually, he was initially not invited to this last WorldCon but pressure from his British publishers helped as the organizers had originally decided not to include him (inside information) ... and so it continues ...

On a lighter note, rumor has it we will see the return of a character not seen in a long time in a forthcoming Gor book - something on which to speculate ...

To the "artists" and cryptographers (Tarl Cabot anagram - "total crab," which may be apropos <grins>), the attention is flattering, but I assure you I am not Mr Norman :) ...

I wish you well ...
Last edited by Morgus on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are no mere points of honor." (24:63)
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:56 pm

You do seem brighter than him.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Ghost
SL Name: Ghost of a chance
Caste: of thousands
Role: with the punches
Home Stone: more weight
Owner: H'ish or J'ish
AkA: tsk tsk

Postby Ghost » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:49 am

Morgus, you rather miss the fact that he was at a convention when interviewed by Lemuel. John Norman hardly needs an inaccurate fanfare, how ever well meaning your motives.
"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a song sing it" Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu ;)
Tarl Cabot
SL Name: Total Crab
Caste: Brachyura
Role: Scurvy Dawg
Home Stone: Bikini Bottom
Owner: Mr Krabs

Postby Tarl Cabot » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:41 am

Morgus wrote:On a lighter note, rumor has it we will see the return of a character not seen in a long time in a forthcoming Gor book - something on which to speculate ...

This is interesting....I can't think of anyone more eagerly anticipated to make their return to Gor than Pa-Kur himself, Master Assassin of Gor!! That would put the sleen among the vulo!

Morgus wrote:To the "artists" and cryptographers (Tarl Cabot anagram - "total crab,"..

Love it! Thanks!
"I drip sarcasm like you drip stupid".
Morgus
SL Name: Morgus resident
Caste: Scribe - www.tcjn.info
Role: Bibliographer - gorbooks.com
Home Stone: Port Kar - www.portkar.com
AkA: Jon Ard

Postby Morgus » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:41 am

Ghost, maybe I wasn't very clear about the fact that I knew Lem was at I-Con 26 at Stony Brook University in New York, March 22-25, 2007 ... I never said he didn't attend other conventions, just that he had been banned from attending previous conventions, and is still feeling the effects of persons who disagree with his writings ... I don't know what "motive" you think I have but I assure you I am not into making inaccuracies ... and, on another point you made, yes, many web sites that had been giving away online Gor books have been shut down or have taken down downloadable copies, but those have been done with DCMA notices without litigation, and even that has been a hassle at times ...

I wish you well ...
"There are no mere points of honor." (24:63)
Architeuthis
SL Name: ~

Postby Architeuthis » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:15 am

@ Morgus: Pa Kur?

Return to “General”