BDSM & D/s Gaining More Acceptance?

For the Discussion of the Gorean Lifestyle.

Will BDSM and/or D/s ever be accepted as mainstream?

Yes
20%
Yes
20%
No
23%
No
23%
Other
7%
Other
7%

Total votes: 30
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: BDSM & D/s Gaining More Acceptance?

Postby Leah » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:11 am

Allison Baker wrote:I wont comment on BDSM, we do the BD but tend to shy away from SM.

It's not a one-or-the-other thing. BDSM is a catch-all phrase. It's supposed to cover Bondage/Discipline, Domination/Submission, and Sadism/Masochism. But you don't have to be into all of them to be into parts of them.

The term BDSM is believed to have been coined as a compound initialism in the 1990s to combine communities and practices that had a significant amount of crossover – bondage and discipline (B&D or B/D), dominance and submission (D&S or D/s), and sadomasochism or sadism and masochism (S&M or S/M). BDSM is currently frequently used as a catch-all phrase to includes a wide range of activities, forms of interpersonal relationships, and distinct subcultures which may or may not fit well into the original three intended categories. With an ethos of "your kink is OK!" many BDSM communities welcome anyone with a non-normative streak who identifies with the community; this may include cross-dressers, extreme body mod enthusiasts, animal players, latex or rubber aficionados, and others.

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Allison Baker
SL Name: allisonbaker
Caste: Poets & Musicians
Role: Free Woman
Home Stone: Verr Fjord

Re: BDSM & D/s Gaining More Acceptance?

Postby Allison Baker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:32 am

Fair enough, I always thought of it as Sadism/Masochism, not our thing, well maybe a touch here and there.
RL Slave, doubt you'd survive

There were still things she had to do before the sweet tide of insanity ebbed

Return to “General”