Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

For the Discussion of the Gorean Lifestyle.

Has Gorean RP Affected Your RL Sex Life?

I'm pretty vanilla RL and have stayed that way
3%
I'm pretty vanilla RL and have stayed that way
3%
I was kinky when I came to Gor
13%
I was kinky when I came to Gor
13%
I now wonder about adding certain aspects to my RL sex life
7%
I now wonder about adding certain aspects to my RL sex life
7%
I've added a bit of kink to my RL sex life based on curiosity sparked by gorean RP
10%
I've added a bit of kink to my RL sex life based on curiosity sparked by gorean RP
10%
My sexual desires changed significantly and I incorporate that regularly into my sex life
17%
My sexual desires changed significantly and I incorporate that regularly into my sex life
17%

Total votes: 30
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:14 am

Many people come to SL Gor because they already have an interest in "kink". There are however some who have never even thought to explore beyond vanilla sex until they begin to participate in gorean RP.

I'm simply curious if this still remains a true given the "sex lite" environment of SL Gor that resembles more of a monogamous dating scene.

Yeah I know what some will say...its just RP. :fryingpan:
Last edited by Kaitlin on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Has Gorean RP Expanded Your RL Sexual Boundaries?

Postby Vylixan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:30 am

No Gorean RP did not do that , Gorean RP is just what it is Gorean RP.

Gorean RP is not the same as expanding Sex RP.

( I miss the options about No it has not. )
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:54 am

Vylixan wrote:No Gorean RP did not do that , Gorean RP is just what it is Gorean RP.

Gorean RP is not the same as expanding Sex RP.

You can only speak for yourself. Over more years than I care to remember I know many people who have expanded their sexual activities based on inspiration/enjoyment of the genre. It would be only natural to be curious about something you emote in actions frequently. Some explore that curiosity and others do not.

( I miss the options about No it has not. )

I added an option for Vanilla and that hasn't changed or the existing option of Kinky before you came to Gor would apply if your answer is No. What other option did you have in mind?

Once upon a time... Kait
Vylixan

Postby Vylixan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:04 am

Kaitlin wrote:I added an option for Vanilla and that hasn't changed or the existing option of Kinky before you came to Gor would apply if your answer is No. What other option did you have in mind?

* I was kinky before Gor and stayed that way.
* I hardly have sex in Gor.

I think that more people explore the D/s part in Gor then sexuality . But that is my idea. Gor is a world with a high erotic tension but not a sex world.
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:25 am

Gor hasnt expanded my RL sexual boundries at all. I was kinky before Gor, I'm kinky outside of Gor, and I'll still be kinky long after people get tired of RPing Gor.

In fact my Gorean sex life is not kinky at all. My sexual boundries outside of Gor however have expanded through RL people I know, and those who I go to parties and clubs with. None of which subscribe to gorean mindsets.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Vylixan wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:I added an option for Vanilla and that hasn't changed or the existing option of Kinky before you came to Gor would apply if your answer is No. What other option did you have in mind?

* I was kinky before Gor and stayed that way.
* I hardly have sex in Gor.

I think that more people explore the D/s part in Gor then sexuality . But that is my idea. Gor is a world with a high erotic tension but not a sex world.

What sex is in gor depends on the role. Tension implies it is something that isn't fulfilled. I disagree.

For a FW never having sex or having it be a rare occurrence might be natural.

For a pleasure slave they should be walking, talking, breathing sex and completely objectified as a women.

Now for a gorean man who doesn't get any sex in Gor I would find that simply odd and rare for the genre and likely rooted in OOC issues or lack of appeal in the RP being offered. I can't think of a single male character in the books that didn't have sex and that even includes Hup the fool.

I have seen an expansion of boundaries in RL in both men and women. For women I have seen it be as simple as more awareness of themselves as a "female" extending to a desire to incorporate scene play in their RL. For men I have seen it range from subtle changes in how they address and view women to outright inclusion of bondage and D/s in their RL.

ETA: I'm not sure the current level of play in SL Gor could inspire any these changes with its resemblance to pretty normal earth relationships.

Once upon a time... Kait
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:37 pm

nope, not really. i'm still not romantically interested in farm animals...

ok, ok... seriously... in real life us girls don't have a tp out button. so there is a kind of safety in sl if you wanna push the boundaries. the option is there, at least... but still... i think i'm a lot more romantic and kinky in real life. here in cartoon land gor - well, it's like comparing a plastic display cake to the real deal covered with sweet icing and everything...
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Vylixan

Postby Vylixan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Kaitlin wrote:What sex is in gor depends on the role. Tension implies it is something that isn't fulfilled. I disagree.

It not about agreement or disagreement. you have a vision about things, I have one. They do not match. I do not see Sex and sexuality as a core element in Gor , its a side element though not the main factor.

Tension does not imply in my eyes that something is not fulfilled.
Kaitlin wrote:
I have seen an expansion of boundaries in RL in both men and women. For women I have seen it be as simple as more awareness of themselves as a "female" extending to a desire to incorporate scene play in their RL. For men I have seen it range from subtle changes in how they address and view women to outright inclusion of bondage and D/s in their RL.

Look more in bdsm sims for people who play there and see how they expand their boundaries. I do not see that happening in Gor and especially not on the sexual area. BDSM has nothing to do with Gor, same as gang bangs, rape and captures. That some of those elements are in Gor is a different thing but Gor is pretty vanilla.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Vylixan wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:

Look more in bdsm sims for people who play there and see how they expand their boundaries. I do not see that happening in Gor and especially not on the sexual area. BDSM has nothing to do with Gor, same as gang bangs, rape and captures. That some of those elements are in Gor is a different thing but Gor is pretty vanilla.

Not exactly the expansion I am talking about. It may turn your crank but I can't imagine anything less inspiring for RL than the typical BDSM sim but then again I don't find munches entertaining either.

Once upon a time... Kait
Vylixan

Postby Vylixan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Kaitlin wrote:Not exactly the expansion I am talking about. It may turn your crank but I can't imagine anything less inspiring for RL than the typical BDSM sim but then again I don't find munches entertaining either.

I did not say it turned my crank up.

Return to “General”