How has Gorean RP affected you?

For the Discussion of the Gorean Lifestyle.

How has Gorean RP affected you?

I would never consider an M/s or D/s relationship. It's just RP
10%
I would never consider an M/s or D/s relationship. It's just RP
10%
I am curious about M/s or D/s relationship beyond IC and plan to explore that curiosity in SL
3%
I am curious about M/s or D/s relationship beyond IC and plan to explore that curiosity in SL
3%
I am curious about M/s or D/s relationship beyond IC and plan to explore that curiosity in SL & RL
4%
I am curious about M/s or D/s relationship beyond IC and plan to explore that curiosity in SL & RL
4%
I am involved in an OOC M/s or D/s relationship as a result of RP
9%
I am involved in an OOC M/s or D/s relationship as a result of RP
9%
I am involved or have been involved in a RL M/s or D/s relationship (Dominant or Submissive RL) as a result of RP
5%
I am involved or have been involved in a RL M/s or D/s relationship (Dominant or Submissive RL) as a result of RP
5%
I was already living the lifestyle (Dominant or Submissive) and SL Compliments
3%
I was already living the lifestyle (Dominant or Submissive) and SL Compliments
3%
I was already living the lifestyle (Dominant or Submissive) but SL is kept strictly separate
7%
I was already living the lifestyle (Dominant or Submissive) but SL is kept strictly separate
7%
Other - Please Explain
9%
Other - Please Explain
9%

Total votes: 100
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Re: How has Gorean RP affected you?

Postby Mynerva » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:34 am

Morgus wrote:
Perhaps I misstated in saying that bdsm is all about pain ... I know it is not, that many bondage situations have nothing to do with pain ... s/m does, however, in my opinion and understanding, translate into sadism and masochism, which do involve the consensual and voluntary receiving and giving of pain, respectively, and from which both parties receive satisfaction ... in the Gor novels, there was no "safe word," no "power exchange," as the kajira, or kajirus, was completely at the mercy of the master ... that would never receive a valid defense here, though ... but, as I have said earlier, the infliction of pain is not the objective from the Gorean view as it is in s/m, rather it is in discipline in learning situations or as a punishment for not being pleasing ... for those in rl Gorean relationships, it is known that John Norman's Gor of the books cannot possibly be practiced here without some serious, and well-deserved, repercussions ...

Yes, real life Gorean and m/s exchange both require consent because of the society in which we live ... only an idiot would think that rl Gorean exchanges could happen here, as I mentioned elsewhere as "Gor with a few grains of salt" ... it is worth noting, however, that I have never seen or heard of a rl Gorean relationship where any physical beating, whipping, etc, has occurred ... in role play, yes - ones gets away with it ... people in rl relationships are aware of its restrictions ...

Be well ...

Ok - so you are basically saying the same thing I said. When d/s interactions are taken rl - they require consent and the safe, sane and consensual bdsm rules have to apply. Anything else would just be.....you know....insane?

I understand your view that the infliction of pain and humiliation for pleasure is not gorean. I just happen to disagree with that. The books talk about slaves coming to their owners with the whip begging to be whipped because it makes them feel their slavery. There is a scene described where virgins who had never seen a man before are thrown to a bunch of guys for their pleasure and amusement. It is described that slaves are taken to do their business on a leash...if that is not deeply humiliating, I don't know what it. There are also many many many instances of emotional sadism and masochism described - and the men very obviously enjoy those a lot.
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg

Return to “General”