Control: how far down the pit?

For the Discussion of the Gorean Lifestyle.

How far down would you be willing to go into the power exchange / control dynamic?

Level 1: Sheer RP
20%
Level 1: Sheer RP
20%
Level 2: OOC control
4%
Level 2: OOC control
4%
Level 3: "Virtual" RL
9%
Level 3: "Virtual" RL
9%
Level 4: Physical RL
17%
Level 4: Physical RL
17%

Total votes: 54
Shikhandi Panthar
SL Name: Shikhandi Panthar

Control: how far down the pit?

Postby Shikhandi Panthar » Thu May 12, 2011 9:06 am

The question I want to ask here is a rather delicate one, for it deals with intimacy. But I guess it might be worth a try, even if I get a few annoyed answers. :)

When dealing with the relationship between masters and slaves, we might consider different levels of involvement, that widely cross the boundary line between IC and OOC. So my question, at this point, both for slaves and masters (who incidentally could be submissives and dominants in real life) is rather simple: how far down would you be willing to go (or did you go) into the power exchange / control dynamic? Bearing in mind, of course, that the further down we go, the greater the opportunity to let out our submissive or dominant side, and the greater risk, too, of both ending seriously bruised… The different levels I would imagine may not be mutually exclusive or collectively exhaustive, but I'm sure you'll correct me if that is so. Also, I will not delve into the "feelings" aspect of this (wether it exists or not), which is slightly besides the point and has been discussed elsewhere. My concern is more about control and yielding. Here is goes:

Level 1: Sheer RP. The slave gets a collar and submits to her master in character role-play, with the help of any prim props they would need (the scripted collar being one). OOC, both are equal and behave as partners or friends. Both might have other alts they play with independently.

Level 2: OOC control, on top of role-play: same as above, but the slave allows the master to control her presence in SL more thoroughly. In practical terms, that would mean restricting the slave through the RLV feature for instance, allowing her or not allowing her to use other alts, to go certain places or to IM with certain people on her own, etc. and/or asking her to be online at certain appointed times.

Level 3: "Virtual" RL involvement, through pictures sharing, voicing (be it SL itself, or other softwares like Skype) and, in certain cases, video conferencing. In this case, further contact is achieved between the real-life players, and here, too, a greater level of dominance / submission is conceivable. I am not ruling out the sexual side of it, of course, but this is obviously not the only aspect: RL diet, dressing, speech, schedule control, etc. could also take place.

Level 4: Physical RL meeting (short or long term). At this point, Second Life, and more generally, the virtual medium is overrun, and we venture into a whole different realm of control / submission…

Any comments pertaining to this topic are welcome!
Conall
SL Name: Conall DeCuir
Role: Torvaldslander

Re: Control: how far down the pit?

Postby Conall » Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 am

Level 1: Sheer RP. The slave gets a collar and submits to her master in character role-play, with the help of any prim props they would need (the scripted collar being one). OOC, both are equal and behave as partners or friends. Both might have other alts they play with independently.

Sheer RP with one exception ... i do not need prim props and that collar wouldnt have to be scripted.

I am really around in SL to roleplay and do not want any OOC power exchange or whatever and i am usually very picky and take good care that i am not understood wrong. The girl i am with has to be a roleplayer. That doesnt mean we wouldnt get sometimes carried away 8-)
"You have your Odin and i have mine"
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu May 12, 2011 10:45 am

With the right guy in the right situation I would go all the way to level 4. But after almost 4 and a half years in SL and since I only considered RL with 3 men - I doubt it will ever happen.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Thu May 12, 2011 10:50 am

For one person #4 amazingly but with all others its easily #1 no matter how juicy the stories can become.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Thu May 12, 2011 11:11 am

Arminius wrote:Sheer RP with one exception ... i do not need prim props and that collar wouldnt have to be scripted.

I am really around in SL to roleplay and do not want any OOC power exchange or whatever and i am usually very picky and take good care that i am not understood wrong. The girl i am with has to be a roleplayer. That doesnt mean we wouldnt get sometimes carried away 8-)

This :) though well if carried away it can go to well 2 and well even 3..
But it starts with option 1. so I put 2 as max option there. Personally option 1 is the goal, nothing more.

Though well if friendship develops in that then it can evolve to number 4 , it then has nothing anymore to do with the whole Gor / bdsm / Roleplay.

After all is it wrong to grab a beer with people you have met and with whom you Rped several years ? or know several years. There are some people in SL that I love to grab a beer with (or a wine or juice or whatever)
Last edited by Vylixan on Thu May 12, 2011 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kiley
SL Name: Kiley
Home Stone: Port Nunya
Owner: Real Life

Postby Kiley » Thu May 12, 2011 11:16 am

Sheer roleplay, though I have gone all the way to #4 before.
"Sacrifice me later?"
Conall

Postby Conall » Thu May 12, 2011 11:18 am

Vylixan wrote:
Arminius wrote:Sheer RP with one exception ... i do not need prim props and that collar wouldnt have to be scripted.

This :) though well if carried away it can go to well 2 and well even 3.. But it starts with option 1. so I put two as max option there. Personally option one is the goal, nothing more.

Though well if friendship develops in that then it can evolve to number 4 , though then it has nothing anymore to do with whole Gor / bdsm / Roleplay. afterall is it wrong to grab a beer with people you have met and with whom you Rped several years ? or know several years. There are some people in SL that I love to grab a beer with ( or a wine or juice or whatever

Beer is never wrong ! and with the rest agree too :mrgreen:
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Thu May 12, 2011 11:19 am

Arminius wrote:Beer is never wrong ! and with the rest agree too :mrgreen:

We we are old and grey we meet and drink beer . deal ?
Shikhandi Panthar
SL Name: Shikhandi Panthar

Postby Shikhandi Panthar » Thu May 12, 2011 11:31 am

Vylixan wrote:Though well if friendship develops in that then it can evolve to number 4 , it then has nothing anymore to do with the whole Gor / bdsm / Roleplay.

After all is it wrong to grab a beer with people you have met and with whom you Rped several years ? or know several years. There are some people in SL that I love to grab a beer with (or a wine or juice or whatever)

Absolutely nothing wrong with developing RL friendship with people you have met online, quite on the contrary! And nothing wrong either with beer, wine, juice or anything else in the menu...

But this sort of RL relationship has indeed nothing to do with the D/S dynamic I was referring to in the OP. Cheers!
Conall

Postby Conall » Thu May 12, 2011 11:42 am

Vylixan wrote:
Arminius wrote:Beer is never wrong ! and with the rest agree too :mrgreen:

We we are old and grey we meet and drink beer . deal ?

Deal! But i will buy the Beer .. i mean, real beer ;)

Return to “General”