A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Discussions related to Free Women

Does allowing free women to have slave alts make them RP their FW characters more correctly?

Alts are the devil
6%
Alts are the devil
6%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
14%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
14%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
6%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
6%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
14%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
14%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
6%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
6%

Total votes: 114
Sita
SL Name: ...

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Sita » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Blue Conover wrote:We are NOT writing a story.

Speak for yourself.

There are three major splices on Gor. GE vs BTB, story writers vs play actors, and must-win vs ...whatever the opposite of that is.
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:06 pm

I think that last pairing is "must-win vs. good times."
Conversation is more useful than conversion.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 pm

And what about slaves who have FW alts?

And slaves who have panther alts? And also, panthers who have slave alts? FW who have panther alts and panthers who have FW alts?
And about FW who have warrior alts, huh? Oo

If you play correctly a role, what importance? An alt, a role, different situations, different sensations.

I RPed a slave, released, now FW, I enjoy to be a FW, but probably I will use my main avatar to play a slave (I don't use it since many months), some day. And I could create an alt to play a panther, simply because I want to enjoy, other roles, I wish to know other situations in RP, I would like to play on other sims.

Many FW have a slave alt, many FW act with their FC, as "bedroom slut", in private, or in OOC, others are secret slaves. Not necessary to create an alt when you play a FW, if you want to explore your RL submissive side...
Alice McConnell
SL Name: Alice McConnell
Caste: For(r)est Girl
Role: Former gorum wordcount champ
Home Stone: Jara stole it
Owner: Var Viverra She

Postby Alice McConnell » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 pm

When you are able to RP 1 character well, you are able to RP that one character well. The same is true when you are able to do it with 5.

The OP's question does not involve people who can keep themselves and their characters seperate perfectly. It does not involve people who can take on many roles and have no problems with it. And it doesn't really matter what is more fun to do (that matters, but not when one wants to answer the OP's question).

The OP posed the question of whether or not a Free woman playing a kajira on an alt would not make playing the FW role easier for her. The idea is that that way, she won't be as wanton and frustrated and so would have less trouble playing a proper free woman. I don't think that is true. The very question presupposes that, for such a player, there did exist a desire to engage in slave-like things and no perfect OOC and IC seperation. After all, the FW's 'cravings' are supposed to make it harder for her to play her role well when she is NOT alting as a kajira at the same time.

When one finds that the 'cravings' of the player affect the RP of one's character, one can see that as a problem. It can also see it as a RP ingredient. If you, the player, really want to be claimed as property by that impressive free man, and that makes take some risks, flirt a bit, maybe, then that means you and your character are partially linked. Your own desires come out in her RP. And when that happens, one might try alting to 'change' the character one is playing. But you could also 'embrace' the character as you are playing her (with something of a mix of 'acting' and 'being yourself' more or less, as a character. I think that for most people, being yourself works best to give your character depth. But when that means you end up with a free woman that runs some risk of getting in trouble... what is wrong with that? That is fine, for RP. In fact, it may allow you to 'experience' the role of a FW more fully. And after all, for most of us, 'experiencing' your RP is what it is all about.

Also, there is NOTHING wrong with a free woman who secretly craves becoming a slave. It is a very BTB way of playing a free woman. Clearly, in the books, many do. And there is nothing 'bad' about a free woman wanting to be collared, doing stuff that might get her collared. It is only natural for some, within a gorean setting. And there are many examples of it in the books. It is not bad roleplaying or 'ungorean'.
Blue Conover

Postby Blue Conover » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:15 am

Sita wrote:

Speak for yourself.

There are three major splices on Gor. GE vs BTB, story writers vs play actors, and must-win vs ...whatever the opposite of that is.

Stories are Static.
Not interactive.

Postby ... » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:56 am

Blue Conover wrote:
Sita wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Stories are Static.
Not interactive.

Not when they're being created.

I'll reply to your other post when I have a little more time. I'm not ignoring it ;)
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:30 am

Blue Conover wrote:Stories are Static.
Not interactive.

They're both, if they're written down. A written story doesn't change, but the reader interacts with it: you infer, you extrapolate, you imagine, you re-envision. If there was no sense of change in any part of stories they'd never be re-read.
Conversation is more useful than conversion.
Blue Conover

Postby Blue Conover » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:42 am

Shjade wrote:
Blue Conover wrote:Stories are Static.
Not interactive.

They're both, if they're written down. A written story doesn't change, but the reader interacts with it: you infer, you extrapolate, you imagine, you re-envision. If there was no sense of change in any part of stories they'd never be re-read.

yes your right.. I'll go read twilight and this time James will win the battle with edward...
Blue Conover

Postby Blue Conover » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:45 am

Oor wrote:
Not when they're being created.

I'll reply to your other post when I have a little more time. I'm not ignoring it ;)

Roleplaying is another form of acting because it is the interactions that create the fun and you only have control of your own actions. An author controls all so the story IS static because it doesnt matter what happens to the creation itself, there is no change that ISNT brought about unless the author says so.
Gabi
SL Name: GabrielleLane Tuqiri
Role: Miserable Bitch
Home Stone: Mal'Ganis
Owner: Some poor sucker

Postby Gabi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:06 am

Wow cant believe I missed this thread until now.

I play both a FW and a slave. This account here, that I post on, is my alt and I anyone who knows my main would say my FW is authentic as well as a complete and utter prude. Then again Im not slutty on my slave avie and you wont find me "dripping with desire" but is that wrong? Perhaps.

Personally I think it does help me play my FW role better because I sure as shit dont coddle them, feed them candy, pet them and call them "pretty little slave" or "little one"! I treat them as I want to be treated and I must be doing something right 'cos the feedback I have had has always been positive and encouraging more of the same *shrugs*
You can't scare me....I have children!

Return to “Free Women”