A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Discussions related to Free Women

Does allowing free women to have slave alts make them RP their FW characters more correctly?

Alts are the devil
7
6%
Alts are the devil
7
6%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
16
14%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
16
14%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4
4%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4
4%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
7
6%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
7
6%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
16
14%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
16
14%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
7
6%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
7
6%
 
Total votes: 114
Blue Conover
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Blue Conover » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Targaryen Ghiardie wrote:Playing them on different SIMs to avoid drama? How about people growing the fuck up to avoid drama?

Cheesus.



how ironic

Telling people to grow up in an imature manner.
User avatar
SlaverSlav
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:36 am
SL Name: .

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby SlaverSlav » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:26 pm

Yes Blue, it's delicious.
Vylixan
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 pm
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Vylixan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:44 pm

I don't like multi alt users in Gor especcially in the same sim. saw to many crossover information sharing alts. For the rest I don't care that much any more. its your Gor . so play it as you like. When it matches or when one of your alts matches with my Gor well then we can have RP together. that simple it is.
Blue Conover
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Blue Conover » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Oor wrote:That said, I don't use my alts to escape IC drama or punishment on the other. It's rare that such rich opportunities for character building or storyline creation come up, so when they do I'm all over them like glue. My slave character was recently bought by someone in a different time zone, she then got stolen, and is consequently (since her return) being kept chained to her owner's side or bed. which is fine, it's character building. It's storyline. I love it. BUT - I'm not going to sit around staring at the walls of a room and roelplay sleeping, or being chained to a post, by myself. I will certainly roleplay the necessary feelings that surround that during the times that he is on for me to roleplay with him. But when he's offline? I'm on my alt.



In my experience I’ve not seen anyone that can roleplay the same feeling from pretending as to those that are feeling / have felt them.

For example the boredom a slave feels by being left alone chained, you don't feel it, you’re pretending it whereas someone feeling it will give a lot more intense roleplay in my experience.

Free women, you’re going to rarely experience a slave to FW interaction because you’re logging out every time this opportunity might arise because your owner isn’t online to roleplay with.

In all essence you are losing storyline cohesion, you lose continuity because you use the character like a stopwatch. Stop start stop start stop start.....

Oor wrote:I write a lot outside of SL. Character creation and storymaking have become second nature to me, but the thrill of having someone else's imagination and input to feed off of keeps me coming back to RP every day. So as much as I can write a story about (eg) a bored 40-something male cab driver, or a suicidal teenage girl, without crossing their stories over, I can write one about a slave and a free woman, separately, without crossing their stories.


See that’s the point. We are NOT writing a story. We are experiencing it in real time. We aren’t sitting back spending minutes planning a plot device from all angles. We are each living breathing characters changing from minute to minute from OTHER people's interactions, not just our own.

Oor wrote:My characters are totally different from each other. They are not involved in each other's storylines even though they're in the same sim, they do not resemble each other in any way, and I am always, if asked, honest about who my alt is. Sometimes even if I'm not asked!

In summation, I would say if you're confident that you can separate IC/OOC AND your both (or more) characters enough that you will not cause any drama, go for it. If there is even the tiniest chance that you will be unable to separate completely, even if that just means the tiniest little one pixel blur of a line, then steer clear because it'll make you a ticking dramabomb.


The thing is you are immediately mixing the characters the moment you log off a slave character because you’re bored, your owner isn’t there.
That is a part of being a slave character, dealing with the feelings these things do to your character, you do not at all. Saying "well I pretend" ok, but are they as real for those your interacting with? I doubt it because they know your just pretending.

That is one of the biggest differences in film between a good actor and a Great actor. One can play a part but it is just xxx being the character, while others they make the character. A perfect example would be Will Smith. In 99% of his films its Will Smith as Xyz as opposed to people like Denzel Washington who becomes the character, makes the character he plays come to life.
User avatar
Alice McConnell
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:17 pm
SL Name: Alice McConnell
Caste: For(r)est Girl
Role: Former gorum wordcount champ
Home Stone: Jara stole it
Owner: Var Viverra She

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Alice McConnell » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 pm

If a free woman plays a slave on an alt, will she RP her role as a free woman better? No.

- Alters play their role worse than non-alters, generally, as they have less time to play it and as they might have conflicting commitments in terms of time and priorities.
- If that womam had a complete seperation between her OOC and her IC actions, it would not make any difference. After all, her 'outlet' would not matter to the actions of her IC free woman.
- If there was less of seperation between her RL self and her character, it would actually cause her to play her role worse.

The assumption can be made that the person best placed to RP something is the person who is placed in the exact same situation in RL, as long as there is some connection between OOC feelings and IC actions.

Free women do not get to play slave. They will mostly know they are 'missing' out when it comes to sex and submissive stuff. That, according to the books, means they may be frustrated, tempted to submit, jealous of slaves, and all that. If you do play a slave on an alt, you may find it easier to RP a free woman not interested in sex, not frustrated, consistently proper, not flirtatious, and so forth. But then again, a proper free woman, in a by the book gor, would be frustrated, be interested in sex, sometimes not be entirely proper, sometimes a little flirtatious. Or at least, most will be, and attempt to hide it. Removing that part OOCly will not mean you will RP your role better, only your 'public' role. You will have removed the player equivalent of the human frustration of free women.

If you wanted to RP a priest or a nun, would the most realistic way to do it not be to be forced to stay celibate in RL? The 'frustrations' that the role would bring would be 'real' then, for you, as a player. Of course, if you manage to seperate IC and OOC perfectly, that doesn't apply. But would you say: "Oh, you are playing a priest? Go visit this free sex club on an alt, that will make it easier."?
User avatar
Dream Resistance
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 pm
SL Name: You may call me...Headmistress
Caste: Slytherin
Role: Faculty
Home Stone: Hogwarts
Owner: Fantasia & *FakE*
Location: Sabi's Panties
Contact:

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Dream Resistance » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Both Blue and Alice's post indicate that just because we aren't experiencing our characters as ourselves, we're not roleplaying. I am not a slave. I do not have to feel the boredom of being left alone as this is a game and I don't have to waste my time trying to experience something my character would have to deal with. Its called acting.
"Excuse my rudeness, I can't abide useless people."

"I'd rather rp with kids and newb rpers then asshats."

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Auckland%20Island/96/55/37
http://fantasiacostumes.blogspot.com
Blue Conover
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Blue Conover » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Dream Resistance wrote:Both Blue and Alice's post indicate that just because we aren't experiencing our characters as ourselves, we're not roleplaying. I am not a slave. I do not have to feel the boredom of being left alone as this is a game and I don't have to waste my time trying to experience something my character would have to deal with. Its called acting.



No thats not what im saying at all. :) but thats ok.
User avatar
E. Edward Gray
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:23 pm
SL Name: Mr. Resident
Role: Back in the Game

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby E. Edward Gray » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Dream Resistance wrote:Both Blue and Alice's post indicate that just because we aren't experiencing our characters as ourselves, we're not roleplaying. I am not a slave. I do not have to feel the boredom of being left alone as this is a game and I don't have to waste my time trying to experience something my character would have to deal with. Its called acting.



Well the good news is this, as a kid when I was playing cowboys and indians, the game didn't end with me being drunk and beating my wife and I didn't have to send my friends off to a reservation where they would open a casino..

I guess we didn't get into our roles..

Seriously, when people start to tell me about having to be a real assassin, or a real slave, I don't think I am doing it wrong for roleplaying.. I think I am doing it with the wrong crowd..

I guess in someway it's like agreeing with the crazy people that hold signs in NY city.. "yes yes Jesus is coming today.. "

in the end it's somewhat cruel to tease those who don't know this is a game..

((this isn't targeting blue and alice.. just those who try to ram rod that, "real gorean" bullshit into the world))
I'm not happy unless you're not happy..
User avatar
Dream Resistance
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 pm
SL Name: You may call me...Headmistress
Caste: Slytherin
Role: Faculty
Home Stone: Hogwarts
Owner: Fantasia & *FakE*
Location: Sabi's Panties
Contact:

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Dream Resistance » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:53 pm

It seems to be that way Blue. Because I, the player, don't sit at my computer, wasting my time being bored, I apparently can't, as my slave character, act bored. Because I, the player, am not in a constant state of sexual frustration, I can't, as my FW character, act frustrated. And neither is true. I do not have to experience things as my character, which is basically the basis of your argument.
"Excuse my rudeness, I can't abide useless people."

"I'd rather rp with kids and newb rpers then asshats."

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Auckland%20Island/96/55/37
http://fantasiacostumes.blogspot.com
Blue Conover
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Blue Conover » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Dream Resistance wrote:Both Blue and Alice's post indicate that just because we aren't experiencing our characters as ourselves, we're not roleplaying. I am not a slave. I do not have to feel the boredom of being left alone as this is a game and I don't have to waste my time trying to experience something my character would have to deal with. Its called acting.



Well the good news is this, as a kid when I was playing cowboys and indians, the game didn't end with me being drunk and beating my wife and I didn't have to send my friends off to a reservation where they would open a casino..

I guess we didn't get into our roles..

Seriously, when people start to tell me about having to be a real assassin, or a real slave, I don't think I am doing it wrong for roleplaying.. I think I am doing it with the wrong crowd..

I guess in someway it's like agreeing with the crazy people that hold signs in NY city.. "yes yes Jesus is coming today.. "

in the end it's somewhat cruel to tease those who don't know this is a game..

((this isn't targeting blue and alice.. just those who try to ram rod that, "real gorean" bullshit into the world))


I'm saying i'd rather roleplay with Denzal Washington rather than a Will Smith

Return to “Free Women”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron