A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Discussions related to Free Women

Does allowing free women to have slave alts make them RP their FW characters more correctly?

Alts are the devil
6%
Alts are the devil
6%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
14%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
14%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
6%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
6%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
14%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
14%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
6%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
6%

Total votes: 114
Willow
SL Name: Willow Jenipe

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Willow » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:47 am

It's an interesting idea. The other day we were to receive a visiting head of state, and naturally wanted a couple of slaves to pass round the bazi tea and biccies.

Now, slaves migrate in vast herds across Gor, and indeed I have often seen several thousands roaming majestically across a sim. We are only surprised,indeed, that they have not yet become a subject for National Geographic's wildlife documentaries.

But - they seem to follow the rainy season. And in other places, such as our own city, there was ne'er even a trail of slave spoor, or piles of slave dung to mark their passage, at the moment that they were wanted.

Which left us with a problem. Sure, FW can serve, but it was felt a bit inappropriate. Besides, what is a wildlife reserve without wildlife? A sim without slaves seems a bit - well, un-natural.

And here, all the time, was the answer. All we had to do was to switch to an alt, slap a collar and a camisk on her, and the problem would have been solved.

Mind, the visiting HRH might then have wondered why there were no freewoman, but sheesh...
Melchior Wardell
SL Name: Melchior Wardell
Caste: Undertaker
Home Stone: None
AkA: Melchior Wardell

Postby Melchior Wardell » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:55 am

Willow wrote:It's an interesting idea. The other day we were to receive a visiting head of state, and naturally wanted a couple of slaves to pass round the bazi tea and biccies.

Now, slaves migrate in vast herds across Gor, and indeed I have often seen several thousands roaming majestically across a sim. We are only surprised,indeed, that they have not yet become a subject for National Geographic's wildlife documentaries.

But - they seem to follow the rainy season. And in other places, such as our own city, there was ne'er even a trail of slave spoor, or piles of slave dung to mark their passage, at the moment that they were wanted.

Which left us with a problem. Sure, FW can serve, but it was felt a bit inappropriate. Besides, what is a wildlife reserve without wildlife? A sim without slaves seems a bit - well, un-natural.

And here, all the time, was the answer. All we had to do was to switch to an alt, slap a collar and a camisk on her, and the problem would have been solved.

Mind, the visiting HRH might then have wondered why there were no freewoman, but sheesh...

Chuckles darkly and replies "I doubt he had to look that far ... weaver ... I am pretty sure that if you started to talk he had a privatly owned one instantly." Crow quickly takes the sides of his cloak and hides back into the shadows ... grinning with this wicked sense of humor although painted black ... he was pretty sure he wasn't that far off. :taunt:
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:24 am

Cortez wrote:I'll raise my hand and say I do it. I just gave Jaxon, Cortez's companion, a slave. He missed having one, and I missed writing a slave and since we spend so much of our time writing together, we figured why not. It eliminates the OOC drama and the obligation of having multiple RP partners, and it lets us write them in a manner that we want to-- with all our NPCs, etc. And when we are in private, I write them both at the same time and get to have an Rp that has no OOC influence. So maybe, in a way, it's my response to falling back on this line of thinking you are suggesting.

[insert derailment here] And herein lies part of another problem, Cortez, players forming shielding cliques that visitors and new players have trouble breaking through. By role-playing ALL the roles in your group, others are deprived of the experience. [/end derailment]

I have nothing against alts if used wisely. I have one that I've used while exploring, picking up sim laws and rules so that my prime isn't seen where she doesn't belong... stampeding loose across Gor without her owner (great image, Willow). I feel, though, that if they're going to be played as near equal entities, they should be in different sims to avoid OOC drama.
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
Tit
SL Name: Various
Role: Outlaw / FW / Slave
Home Stone: Siba

Postby Tit » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:38 am

HorizonNinetails wrote:What I see is that many women who enter gor, if given the choice to pick a role, will take the role of a slave if they can find a dominant male partner. Not every woman follows this rule...so please...no bashing on this point, but the main attraction for women is the romantic aspect of a dominant man having power over a woman in some primal way.

What I've seen in SL gor is that women have played the role of a slave, been ignored in their experiences, and chose to take a role as a free woman. Taking the role of a free woman gives that female a much better stance, IC, of who they allow to dominate them and who they chose to resist. This aspect is heightened in GE where women have actually taken up bows to ensure they have more control over their RP in many ways. At least that's how I've seen it...

My theory, what I've observed, is that if free women who can separate OOC and IC and separate their characters (free woman and a slave...seperate avis) do better at playing their FW because "Oh no...I don't want to be boxed into nothing but a slave role" on both avis, so they act more proper on their FW character because they can get the sexual or more erotic RP on a slave and WANT to keep it contained to that character rather than having a yo-yo FW (I'm collared! I'm free! I'm collared! I'm free!).

I wanted to ask the community if they've seen anything similar, or have most sims taken on the policy of not allowing alts period.

Yes Bear, I have seen something similar. Out of all of my female friends in SL only one doesnt have a slave alt. She does however have panther alts and is not a submissive personality.

I like alts, I like stories and if you keep each av as a seperate charector within the roleplay it's no issue and you can be true to the av's personality. FW know that by keeping their clothes on they have other freedoms avalible to them, so Ic'ly they would do what they can to not become a slave. However OOC'ly most of the women I know like the fun, frivolity and sluttiness they can play as a slave. Alts give you the best of both worlds.
juelles
SL Name: that girl over there.
Caste: slave
Role: beauty and obedience
Owner: Saxon Rhiannyr
AkA: Ju, juju, slut, jewel, juelle

Postby juelles » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:49 am

For the most part I think Alts are crap. That said there are always exceptions.

I think if a woman has too much time on her hands, a business, or simply the desire to explore various roles and can do so without them mingling, or with out the cheating of OOC to IC crossing, on different sims with different people, and be honest with those who are close to her why not. The same of course goes for men with alts.

I have had alts, though if i'm playing one in roleplay the other isn't.

On the other hand, three times in sl gor i have come across sims where the 'ubara' and the first girl, or just a city slave (who is of course favored) are alts of each other. Three different sims over the past few years!! And not only in the same sim, but roleplaying online at the same time, and even with the same people. The last time one was even going to be a moderator against the other. And I have never seen this done where it wasn't obvious and therefore each one was unable to take on their roles appropriately.

Not to say even in those cases it can't be argued they need it for traffic, or they are married rl to the Ubar or their love is an end all be all that crosses into roleplay or they own the sim and therefore are free to do as they wish. But... if it's alright to do then how come they don't play their parts realistically? Perhaps it narrows down to creativity and experience with knowledge as the deciding factors in who can successfully pull it off. I have a friend and she can play any character, slave, fw, panther, man.... and she is damn good at each.

But I have had many people talk to me who were hurt and upset about the people who alted and were not honest with them, or who were caught up in drama's caused by alting, and so I just can't give in to be a supporter.

How do you determine someone is a good enough roleplayer to do it, or that they are honest or able to dissassociate enough... the ones who are not good enough are always going to do it as well.
~to figure out why there was so much sweetness mingled with the terror in her, or why her terror seemed itself so sweet~Pauline Réage.
Willow
SL Name: Willow Jenipe

Postby Willow » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14 am

Crow wrote:I am pretty sure that if you started to talk he had a privatly owned one instantly ... grinning with this wicked sense of humor although painted black ... he was pretty sure he wasn't that far off. :taunt:

:o.O:

Er, but I did speak to the HRH, briefly, and I seem to be still free, I think. (OK, sorry, it's just me. I am slow on the uptake today).

No, it's that Salt Ubar chap who I don't quite trust! For some reason he wants me to visit his tent, in his oasis. Hmm. Maybe I'll just send along my alt, Grace, who dates from the days when I still used to think that Noob Island gave away some pretty good skins! :lol:
Kyss
SL Name: Kyss Valeeva
Role: Super secret ninja kajira
Owner: Jason Susenko

Postby Kyss » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:19 am

Consuelo wrote: I feel, though, that if they're going to be played as near equal entities, they should be in different sims to avoid OOC drama.

I do tend to lean this way. It always feels a bit of a 'cheat' to me having two alts on the same sim/story. I understand why people would want to do it and it's their right, but you would have to have blinders on not to think that it limits rp opportunities for others and encourages cliquish play. There will always be some players who know and some who don't which also puts people at an unfair advantage.
Some bonds can never be broken
Blue Conover

Postby Blue Conover » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:32 am

It's been my experience when alts get played, most, not all but most of the time, Women use the Free women alt as an escape, So rp as a slave when men are around, do the slutty things, but ignore the downside parts.
or uses the FW part to escape punishment.

I also feel that the intensity of a scene is lost when there is an escape from a singular role. What do i mean? well if a slave knows that if she gets bored / hurt she can just log on her free alt anytime it loses the sense of reality we build during roleplay. Making the roleplay less intense, and thus less fun, less on the edge of your seat stuff.

Part of the reason limits on capture / collar time annoy me because it means that there are no conseqences to actions, and thus you lose the intensity of roleplay.
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Postby Torrid Streeter » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:57 am

I have to agree with Blue.

I have run alts in the past for various reasons. Its very easy for said men to say no alts. Rarely are THEIR characters effected by something as altering as a collar. Men can be whores or prudes within the same breath. They do not undergo the same harsh judgement as women do when Rping a free woman.

When Torrid was a Chieftess I ran alts to RP with men that I enjoyed being with. I had a safety net. She was my main, in charge of a tribe , a sim etc. I just couldnt wander off get collared and leave everything I worked so hard for. My heart and soul is Torr, she is me. When I played alts I put a lot into them but they still werent me.I also knew if I got captured due to responsibilities I WOULD return. Did I somehow rob myself and others for not following the storyline and having my safety net? Yes I am sure I did.Many thought they could change my mind with Torrid. It was not to happen for a long time.

Things changed and I stopped playing alts for the purpose of wanting to play with others. I put everything into Torrid and went with the flow. Its been a hell of a ride.

DO I have alts now? Yes but not for reasons that you would think. I enjoy Rping with my husband and we have a storyline going. Its not to replace Torrid or to give Torr a safety net but its just something compeltely different. Its not in the same city or group. I am against women alting in the same group as I ahve seen some damage done by many that do this.Can it be done correctly and fairly? Sure and I imagine there are several that do it well. Its just not something I like to see.
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Kissie
SL Name: No longer here.

Postby Kissie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:07 am

I really only use my alts to explore random places without screwing up Kissie's story. They have no real stories, no background, nothing. They're just filler, and usually just there for me to store things on. I just don't play them, neither one interests me. (One was built as a panther, one as a slave) My original reason for building them was so I could determine which role I liked best. Turns out I was right in my assumption that FW is the best role for me. The slave character gets on my nerves and the panther character...well...The rp just doesn't do it for me.
This account is no longer in use.

Return to “Free Women”