A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Discussions related to Free Women

Does allowing free women to have slave alts make them RP their FW characters more correctly?

Alts are the devil
6%
Alts are the devil
6%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
14%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
14%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
6%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
6%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
14%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
14%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
6%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
6%

Total votes: 114
Sidney
SL Name: Sid

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Sidney » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:02 pm

How come "I don't consider it any of my damn business" as an option?
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 pm

This isn't a specific case. Its the "in general"...its an opinion. And if you feel it still isn't any of your business, then "I like polls" is a great option. XD
Kyss
SL Name: Kyss Valeeva
Role: Super secret ninja kajira
Owner: Jason Susenko

Postby Kyss » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:21 pm

I don't have a problem with alts, but really think they should not be on the same sim for a variety of reasons.
I think it's great to explore whatever characters you want to, but part of being a Gorean FW is that whole sexual repression thing. Really here in the real world we have it good. We can be a complete woman/person, the total package if you will. On Gor Norman separated the two sides of the same coin. Free woman and sexual repression and slave with sexual expression. Maybe keeping them separate in Gorean society, even while each longed to be complete by combining the two sides was how males were able to keep supremacy over females through the ages in Gor.
I'm just saying...
Some bonds can never be broken
Dream Resistance
SL Name: You may call me...Headmistress
Caste: Slytherin
Role: Faculty
Home Stone: Hogwarts
Owner: Fantasia & *FakE*

Postby Dream Resistance » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:30 pm

buahaha, they can only handle us in halves.
"Excuse my rudeness, I can't abide useless people."

"I'd rather rp with kids and newb rpers then asshats."

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Auckland%20Island/96/55/37
http://fantasiacostumes.blogspot.com
Allison
SL Name: Allison Cortes
Caste: Blue
Role: Magistrate in hiding

Postby Allison » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:56 pm

I play both and anyone would be hard pressed to find any similarities between the two characters. I play both because I enjoy the change or challenge in role play styles however, I play Allison much more often than I play my other. Playing my FW is hard work and often very intense and I find myself logging on to my slave to simply have a break and chill out.

I guess I am on the fence with this subject. For me, I can definitely distinguish the difference between my characters, it's nothing more than the enjoyment of playing two totally different roles. There really is nothing more to it than that. What I find personally annoying...and this is only my opinion...is when there are too many similarities. To be very blunt, when the free woman acts like a slut and then logs onto her slut. I don't see the point.

In saying that though, my enjoyment is through writing and creating stories. I rp the life of a gorean, not just the odd scene here and there. My story with Allison is varied and at times, complex with many twists and turns in my city and out of it. Not everyone is into that type of roleplay so each to their own. When it becomes an embaressment to the sim and ooc issues arise, that's when it becomes a problem and unfortunately, I see that far to often.
trask dyrssen
SL Name: trask dyrssen/Tarl Carbetta
Caste: Kur/Slaver
Role: fuckin bastard

Postby trask dyrssen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 pm

I like polls AND I think everyone should alt. I think not alting under the premise that "I only need on Av to portray me" is maybe taking it a bit too serious and has those folks missing out on so much fun. Now those who dont alt but play their av different ways do not fit the category either. I guess it, to me, is like enjoying games, and restricting yourself to monopoly. It may not be a bad game, but you dont get to enjoy so much more that is available for your entertainment.
I couldnt vote, because no option truly fits how I feel about alts.

Edit. Obviously I didnt read the question lol, just the answers. I change my vote to... I like polls?
I dont think it either helps or hinders.
I am not! Well maybe......

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
Dren Bernard
SL Name: Dren Bernard
Caste: Physician's
Role: On sabatical
Home Stone: Salernum

Postby Dren Bernard » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:57 pm

I wonder why a woman would enter this highly eroticised environment to play only a FW fending off the manly men all the time, unless of course your RL is perfectly satisfying, or you don't fend them off all the time, or.... you have a slave alt somewhere.
Dren & Kait's Gorean Physician's resource:
http://teslikandsiproot.webs.com/
Cortez
SL Name: Cortez
Role: Sippy Cup
Home Stone: The Borough

Postby Cortez » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:08 am

I'll raise my hand and say I do it. I just gave Jaxon, Cortez's companion, a slave. He missed having one, and I missed writing a slave and since we spend so much of our time writing together, we figured why not. It eliminates the OOC drama and the obligation of having multiple RP partners, and it lets us write them in a manner that we want to-- with all our NPCs, etc. And when we are in private, I write them both at the same time and get to have an Rp that has no OOC influence. So maybe, in a way, it's my response to falling back on this line of thinking you are suggesting.

It's a hard question to answer----a lot of people want to stay true to their story. My tagline is seriously Character over role. But I think that what happens is that so much RP that Free women get-- especially non-companioned free women, loses that intimacy and attention that the slave role brings. I think the free woman role is actually the role with the least contact with men, and at some point, a lot of people who play characters that have a slave history, sort of miss the rp they were getting there. I'm pretty sure you're right-- that to some extent, it does allow women both the outlets were divided by a line Gorean society. You either are the lusting, heated, slave, or you are the respected, protected flower who gets to speak her mind. Or just the woman with a mission to speak her mind.

So it does offer a slight equilibrium in the only way possible-- because neither role can be totally both. And it probably speaks to the OOC balance of such things that many women here want. To be submissive, without giving up complete control. You've made an interesting observation-- but I don't think it speaks to your poll. You're asking people's opinions about the acceptability of women alting these roles, and I think alting is it's own issue, that shouldn't be dependent upon the roles you choose to play. Two characters, are two characters, for whatever reasons they've been created. Telling women they have to choose a role is totally non-Gorean in the first place. Women in Gor didn't really have a choice. So why does it even matter?
"Paranoids are not paranoid because they're paranoid, but because they keep putting themselves, fucking idiots, deliberately into paranoid situations." — Thomas Pynchon
Conall
SL Name: Conall DeCuir
Role: Torvaldslander

Postby Conall » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:38 am

I did not voted, not for now and just want to put my opinion in here.

Before you start a 2nd thing, take care that you have been able to handle the 1st. A clueless FW will not do well playing a slave and vice versa and clueless slaves and FWs SL-Gor has enough. I have no objections against anyone who is alting as i play with the one who is in front of me but when it becomes obvious that the Free Woman is just the same slut as her slave alt, then it bores me to death. It bores me even more when i then get knowledge about it, that the panther who capt me is the 3rd alt of them both. Know your Role, play it well and all is fine.
"You have your Odin and i have mine"
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:52 am

I don't mind that free women have a slave alt with which they role play. As long as they try to seperate the storylines. we have people in the sim, playing 2 roles, without others knowing. With the danger you make a remark about a slave in confidence to your fellow FW.
And as Conall said: role consistency is a must. If you role play a FW, be one. If you role play a slave, be one. Difficult I think to play both roles well, i would have extreme difficulty to role play a slave.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image

Return to “Free Women”