A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Discussions related to Free Women

Does allowing free women to have slave alts make them RP their FW characters more correctly?

Alts are the devil
6%
Alts are the devil
6%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
14%
Alts can assist people to play their characters more true to that character's specific role
14%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4%
Free women will still act like whores, no matter how many slave alts they have
4%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
6%
Free women should not have slave alts. They should be able to keep off their knees without excuses.
6%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
14%
I like polls!... but I don't care about this topic.
14%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
6%
Alts can assist FW to play their specific roles properly but they should be blocked from the same group.
6%

Total votes: 114
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby HorizonNinetails » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Ok. So we all know that people have alts. In Nadira we had women who had alts as slaves. They RPed being a free woman for the most part, but when the city became filled with visitors and we were short on people to serve then they would swap over. There was no mixing IC knowledge, each character was completely independent and people who did this were monitored closely.

I think a lot of women who come to gor are attracted to the role of a slave or the submissive partner of a man, and because of that many cities have issues with their FW acting like whores who want to fall into a collar by acting like a cute little harlot. Not every free woman enjoys the role of a slave, but I think the slave role is the romantic part of what attracts women to the genre.

I wanted to know if other people have noticed a similar trend in a similar environment. Does allowing free women to play slave alts keep the free women closer to their role as more upstanding and socially correct free women...or is the debauchery caused by alts just too much?
Skyes Jarvinen
SL Name: skyes
Role: slave
Home Stone: BACK..okay only part time
Owner: Derven Baily

Re: A Game Of Alts - FW/Slave

Postby Skyes Jarvinen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:11 pm

hmm, I am a slave permitted to have a FW alt. The alt is a very proper FW. Gives me the chance to wear those beautiful FW gowns again. ((I use to be free))
Mudrun Sa
SL Name: Sandreia Vuckovic
Role: Sassy Ass
Owner: Dark Starr

Postby Mudrun Sa » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:19 pm

I even know Free Men who have slave alts to better understand and see from the view of the slave how it is...

Alts gives a chance to spice up experance in Gor as well as get to see how the other half lives.
Dream Resistance
SL Name: You may call me...Headmistress
Caste: Slytherin
Role: Faculty
Home Stone: Hogwarts
Owner: Fantasia & *FakE*

Postby Dream Resistance » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:23 pm

After panthering, I actually played a mans FC and his slave. I, personally, had issues with the slave role, so it gave me a chance to explore the rp, while maintaining a safe place to run to if I got uncomfortable. It also allowed me different types of interactions with the man I trusted. It was interesting, though not something I'd really suggest for the long term, mostly because people get very touchy about it. As far as having both available making it easier to stay true to the roles? I think maybe that might be true. But I think it depends on the player. One with very good character separation might have an easier time of it, one with less might have more bleed-over.
"Excuse my rudeness, I can't abide useless people."

"I'd rather rp with kids and newb rpers then asshats."

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Auckland%20Island/96/55/37
http://fantasiacostumes.blogspot.com
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:41 pm

HorizonNinetails wrote:Does allowing free women to play slave alts keep the free women closer to their role as more upstanding and socially correct free women...or is the debauchery caused by alts just too much?

Isn't there a risk that if a person plays a FW (or any character) poorly, that by creating an alt, they'll just play both characters poorly?

I see some potential to bail out on RP and players they don't like, or cherry pick the RP that happens to be on sim at the time. However, my opinions and choices about alting, or preferances about alting in the same sim, are not really the point.

I'm just not really sure I see how it would necessarily make them a better player at either role. It might, but I've never considered it like that and not sure I've seen examples of people becoming better at their role because of it and I know a lot of people with fw/slave/panther alts. Either they play them well or they don't. I'm curious to hear more examples of how this has helped because I've never really thought of it that way.
Last edited by ~pancake~ on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dream Resistance
SL Name: You may call me...Headmistress
Caste: Slytherin
Role: Faculty
Home Stone: Hogwarts
Owner: Fantasia & *FakE*

Postby Dream Resistance » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:42 pm

I agree that a bad roleplayer will play any role badly. Its why I tacked on the qualifier at the end.
"Excuse my rudeness, I can't abide useless people."

"I'd rather rp with kids and newb rpers then asshats."

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Auckland%20Island/96/55/37
http://fantasiacostumes.blogspot.com
E. Edward Gray
SL Name: Mr. Resident
Role: Back in the Game

Postby E. Edward Gray » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:44 pm

I like alts..

I say if you want an alt go ahead make an alt..

I still get final say on who I play with..

Your alt or inability to alt isn't my decision, what is my decision is the choice to play with those alts..

So play your roles, try your story, build your character..

Since I have no reason to regulate what you do ooc why should I have any say in what you do with building an IC alt..

If you want an IC justification for a free woman playing a slave..

Call out the quote ninja's

There are so many examples of Free women Dressing and Acting like slaves during events it would blow your mind..

The only reason they cannot do it here is because as soon as a free woman to whom I have never seen her face shows up.. some ass monkey would come storming from the other side of the sim shooting arrows going, "OMG u iz not free nao.. I captor u and makes slave with the fucking.."

No name tag and no veil means, I have no idea who you are..

ALTS FREE WOMAN/ PANTHER/ ASSASSIN/ WARRIOR/ AND SLAVE = FTW!

I would rather see a woman playing on a man alt then a woman playing a ninja war machine..
I'm not happy unless you're not happy..
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:53 pm

Dream Resistance wrote:I agree that a bad roleplayer will play any role badly. Its why I tacked on the qualifier at the end.

Oh yes we agree - I edited my post to show what part of the thread I was answering. Sorry for the confusion.

Good players can play most any role. Or, they recognize that they cannot and don't play it often or at all, sticking to the roles they do best. That's my experience anyway.

Bad players? By bad meaning they seem really all over the place in their character, where you are not quite sure if that's a haughty slave, a slutty FW, or some bizarre half panther half she-urt... well.. I don't see how alts can help with that. It just clones the bad and spreads it.
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:31 pm

What I see is that many women who enter gor, if given the choice to pick a role, will take the role of a slave if they can find a dominant male partner. Not every woman follows this rule...so please...no bashing on this point, but the main attraction for women is the romantic aspect of a dominant man having power over a woman in some primal way.

What I've seen in SL gor is that women have played the role of a slave, been ignored in their experiences, and chose to take a role as a free woman. Taking the role of a free woman gives that female a much better stance, IC, of who they allow to dominate them and who they chose to resist. This aspect is heightened in GE where women have actually taken up bows to ensure they have more control over their RP in many ways. At least that's how I've seen it...

My theory, what I've observed, is that if free women who can separate OOC and IC and separate their characters (free woman and a slave...seperate avis) do better at playing their FW because "Oh no...I don't want to be boxed into nothing but a slave role" on both avis, so they act more proper on their FW character because they can get the sexual or more erotic RP on a slave and WANT to keep it contained to that character rather than having a yo-yo FW (I'm collared! I'm free! I'm collared! I'm free!).

I wanted to ask the community if they've seen anything similar, or have most sims taken on the policy of not allowing alts period.
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 pm

I like polls.

What? It was an option!
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Return to “Free Women”