How does it feel when Raiders steal your beast?

Discussions related to Free Men

Who did you feel when they took your beast?

Complete Nerd-Rage, Almost lost my mind
12%
Complete Nerd-Rage, Almost lost my mind
12%
Was Upset, I only planned to burn their village
5%
Was Upset, I only planned to burn their village
5%
I was alright. Got over it
14%
I was alright. Got over it
14%
It's actually was fun to RP
7%
It's actually was fun to RP
7%
Take my beast Please! - We love it
12%
Take my beast Please! - We love it
12%

Total votes: 42
Mani
SL Name: Belinda Millet
Role: barbarian slut
Home Stone: None as of yet
Owner: Wulluf

Re: How does it feel when Raiders steal your beast?

Postby Mani » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 am

well i've never been stolen before either rofl in my last avatar when raids happened i kinda ran and hid but then raids didn't happen all that often and i doubt they'd happen in here if at all lol, i'd think you'd need a good reason too be roaming around the plains :P
Josef of Ar
SL Name: Josef Xaris
Caste: Merchant Caste
Role: Slaver
Home Stone: Glorious Ar
Owner: Logic. It works bitches.

Postby Josef of Ar » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:50 am

IMO if you leave your beast out in the open in a raid or a war zone, you get what you deserve.
Gor Evolved Lifestyler
Perseverance does not equal worthiness --Dr. Gregory House
http://mercatorviscus.blogspot.com/
Garbonius
SL Name: Garbonius Bagshawe
Caste: Warrior
Role: Tarn Captain
Home Stone: Carn

Postby Garbonius » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 pm

It truly depends. It's a wild card. There are great RPers in Gor who know how to create fun RP for everyone involved. I like to think I am one of them. I might toy with a captured woman in my temporary collar. I always speak with the woman OOC, there is no reason I need to ironfist the RP just because I am the captor.

However, these disturbing murder/rape scenes need to stop. They don't seem Gorean to me. Of course she is not really being raped by three men and then skinned and dipped in acid, and then disassembled like an IKEA cabinet. She's sitting in her computer chair looking faintly nauseated with Facebook open in the background. But it is about respect for another player, and I think it is a shame that the most active (and disturbed) raiders seem to be the type who have never been within fifteen feet of a vagina that was not on a computer screen, and as such respond with such extreme aggression and hostility that I myself am disturbed by it. It transcends the RP and becomes a personal attack, when logs of the "roleplay" are being posted to masters in IM, or the scene continues maliciously after the woman fades to black.

So, in short:

Good RP and fun with a good, respectful RPer = good.

Disturbing Horror murderdeathpainrape RP with someone who has to change his pants after a woman takes his order at the drive-thru = bad.
Runt
SL Name: Pie
Owner: Real Life

Postby Runt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:54 am

Josef of Ar wrote:IMO if you leave your beast out in the open in a raid or a war zone, you get what you deserve.

Yes indeedy, couldn't agree more. Send 'em inside. Nothing like tripping over kajirae during a fight.

What? :shifty:

As for the poll, I haven't felt anyone tyvm. (Who did you feel when they took your beast?...hehe)
Escapee
SL Name: elzbieta balfour
Caste: gone
Home Stone: gone
AkA: Hollie

Postby Escapee » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:12 am

Runt wrote:
Josef of Ar wrote:IMO if you leave your beast out in the open in a raid or a war zone, you get what you deserve.

Yes indeedy, couldn't agree more. Send 'em inside. Nothing like tripping over kajirae during a fight.

What? :shifty:

Yeah that!

In the raid em and rape em world I was in, I was ordered to hide. In fact, the village preference was that slaves not participate unless there was aiding or binding needed, and his order was for the bond only to come out of hiding if it was safe for her to do so. If it wasn't she was to stay put til the raiders left.

As for slaves not being kept in GE vs BtB - My experience altogether was raiders in the non-BtB sims were only in it for the short term. They wanted to fight, and roleplay was a secondary goal, or sometimes not even a goal at all.
it was
Willow
SL Name: Willow Jenipe

Postby Willow » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 am

What raids? What beast?
Shikhandi Panthar
SL Name: Shikhandi Panthar

Postby Shikhandi Panthar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:54 am

I must admit that a few months back, this sort of situation would have annoyed me somewhat.

But when I think of it now, I believe that having a slave be captured and abducted makes for a nice opportunity for RP, especially for the "victim". And I feel a bit sorry when I see some female players just switch their meters to OOC or AFK whenever there is an incoming raid (sometimes not so much of their own initiative than at the OOC request of their jealous owners).

And the fact that I may "own" the girl IC or OOC doesn't make much difference. If IC, it is only fair and faithful to both the spirit of the books and the context of a particular story that she gets captured at times. If OOC, she is getting some role-play anyway, and she and I can have a laugh at it in IMs, until she manages to escape or I manage to rescue her.

I do agree however that trolls should in no way be indulged in their desire to get some gratuitous role-play and pixel banging with a slave, let alone in the context of some stale or sadistic scene that is likely to make the girl (and this includes the typist) cringe. In that case, the FTB and TP out options are always available.
Aseptimus
SL Name: Dmitri Ruby
Caste: Builder
Role: Tinker
Home Stone: The Source
Owner: Time

Postby Aseptimus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:57 am

Septimius wrote: ... stuffs ...

Cool name, bro!
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
“Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.”
- Edgar Degas
grondar Quartz
SL Name: Grondar Quartz
Caste: Clearchus Magistrate
Role: Tarnsman
Home Stone: Treve (always)

Postby grondar Quartz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 am

Hmmpphhh doesnt worry me, if she is clever enough to escape then fine , if not then ,pick up the next wandering FW or slave no problem
"Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once."

Postby ... » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:05 am

Aseptimus wrote:
Septimius wrote: ... stuffs ...

Cool name, bro!

Yeah, bro!

Return to “Free Men”