How does it feel when Raiders steal your beast?

Discussions related to Free Men

Who did you feel when they took your beast?

Complete Nerd-Rage, Almost lost my mind
12%
Complete Nerd-Rage, Almost lost my mind
12%
Was Upset, I only planned to burn their village
5%
Was Upset, I only planned to burn their village
5%
I was alright. Got over it
14%
I was alright. Got over it
14%
It's actually was fun to RP
7%
It's actually was fun to RP
7%
Take my beast Please! - We love it
12%
Take my beast Please! - We love it
12%

Total votes: 42
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Re: How does it feel when Raiders steal your beast?

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:22 pm

For myself I don't get upset or when I last owned a slave around a year ago I didn't get upset about it, personally I thought okay cool she can get some roleplay and fun in. My IC mentality though is pissed not so much because my beast has been stolen but because I feel offended that they would have the gall to make off with my stuff, so I get kinda pissy and of the mind I'm going to go teach them a lesson for touching my stuff, note I say lesson because sometimes violence isn't the tool you have to use, for instance I've spiked an entire taverns kalana supply with breeding wine before, so there is a lot of ways through rp I pay them back for having the audacity to touch my stuff.
Hockey Stick!
Aseptimus
SL Name: Dmitri Ruby
Caste: Builder
Role: Tinker
Home Stone: The Source
Owner: Time

Postby Aseptimus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:47 am

I have an overly strong attachment to my property to the point of bloody vengeance and acts that border on suicidal campaigns of retribution. I avoid this by not owning anything.
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
“Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.”
- Edgar Degas
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:57 am

Simply stolen? I work to retrieve what is lost.
Oddly I prefer to use trade and negotiation, probably because I am so bad with a bow or spear that it would be easier to just show up in a bubble if I wanted to do violence. ;)

Stolen and tortured, killed? I will bring any bow I can, tie you to a tree and pack all you care about in your home and burn it down before you, then salt that ground. Then I will gouge out your eyeballs so that image is the last you will ever see. Do not flip the sadist switch my imagination is better than yours.
That would be my first warning to those people for that stuff. :problem:
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
Tit
SL Name: Various
Role: Outlaw / FW / Slave
Home Stone: Siba

Postby Tit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:15 am

It's strange despite the fact I now play a Free charecter far more often than slave I still don't own any property. So my insight is all from the slave pov.

My Master/RP partner when I have been captured on Tit hasn't been overly angry with the person who stole me. But he may have taken out his apparent agression in other ways. Raiding panthers etc. OOC though we're both reasonable adults and it's all 'have fun and see you later'.
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 am

First time was fun, I absolutely enjoyed the implications of getting her back, treating with the panthers who napped her and rallying a handful of men together to at least impose by numbers. :thumbup:

Second time I was pissed, because I just got her back. :facepalm:

Third time....that one week. I just couldn't be bothered any more. Was _so_ fed up on the whole thing, it seemed like people were out just to snatch my slave and get some RP out of it, for lack of creativity. :problem:
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Chron
SL Name: Chron Minotaur

Postby Chron » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:19 pm

If you look at it as owning "IC slaves" and "OOC slaves", with the latter meaning you have an OOC friendship and feelings for that person and not necessarily "OOC D/s".

The "IC slaves" I don't worry about, they can be used, abused or captured. It's all in a day in a slave's life!
For women I've experienced an OOC attachment with, it's entirely different.

The last one I was involved with(or still am, one can never know with women...), I trained her in everything a person needs to know to avoid roleplay. Because, most of the people who play out the violent scenes are those who would not honour the roleplay when you capture them.

Roleplaying in GE or BTB, it's all too common to capture someone for his acts and before he can be punished, he'll turn OOC: "Fuck this roleplay, Fuck this sim, ban me, I'm out of here", and he'll tp off to avoid the consequences.

When that happens... it pisses me off. And these same fools are returning to a sim I roleplay on to capture other victims. I'll tell those girls to rp it if they want but not to expect any developments in their story as her captor will not roleplay his own capture.

So I taught my last partner on how to spot the idiots and how to end the RP quicker and now she can take care of herself to the point I don't need to worry about her if she is captured. Sure, it's against the spirit of good roleplay, but I'm not having her harassed by some asshole who's going to pull an RP ban on me when I go after him.
Frevet

Postby Frevet » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:11 am

Victor: If you whine more, I will steal Torrid again. Who could resist to capture a sweet redhead? :D On a more serious note: I totally get you. I think it can become disruptive and just very exhausting and boring.

Chron: Love you for what you said there. I myself was taught a very similar lesson when I was very sad back in the days that out of such captures usually nothing ever developed because the captor refused to participate in any further situations that -might- lead to him being on the receiving end. It's a lesson that I tell friends of mine as well.
The Ost
SL Name: Ost Clawtooth
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: unlucky bastard

Postby The Ost » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:38 am

you know i dont think ive ever been stolen.

I CANNOT IMAGINE WHY.
The Ost abides.
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:44 am

I haven't been stolen either.

What's the deal, girls?
Cup of asshole tea

Postby Cup of asshole tea » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:51 am

Chron wrote:Roleplaying in GE or BTB, it's all too common to capture someone for his acts and before he can be punished, he'll turn OOC: "Fuck this roleplay, Fuck this sim, ban me, I'm out of here", and he'll tp off to avoid the consequences.

When that happens... it pisses me off. And these same fools are returning to a sim I roleplay on to capture other victims. I'll tell those girls to rp it if they want but not to expect any developments in their story as her captor will not roleplay his own capture.

Noble, but it doesn't fix the problem.

The only time I can see a ragequit happening is something happening that is just so far fetched or even pushing the individual's own lines with no chance of fading to black. Everything else is absolutely possible.

If they tantrum & punk you with "ban me", do it. No one likes a one-sided game.

How does it feel when Raiders steal your beast?

Enjoy her, she's a girl. Still, no compensation would irk me.

Return to “Free Men”