How does it feel when Raiders steal your beast?

Discussions related to Free Men

Who did you feel when they took your beast?

Complete Nerd-Rage, Almost lost my mind
12%
Complete Nerd-Rage, Almost lost my mind
12%
Was Upset, I only planned to burn their village
5%
Was Upset, I only planned to burn their village
5%
I was alright. Got over it
14%
I was alright. Got over it
14%
It's actually was fun to RP
7%
It's actually was fun to RP
7%
Take my beast Please! - We love it
12%
Take my beast Please! - We love it
12%

Total votes: 42
Hawt Sommer

How does it feel when Raiders steal your beast?

Postby Hawt Sommer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 pm

You know it is, You're sitting there and all of a sudden you're in a bubble..

You have to watch in horror as they drag her away... or maybe you have a different perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv7HlSxA0hA
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: How does it feel when Raiders steal your beast?

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Please take some away...
PLEASE... :twitch:

Return em when you've taught them to shut up.
Last edited by Anarch Allegiere on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Anarch12911 wrote:Please take some way...
PLEASE... :twitch:

Return em when you've taught them to shut up.

I saw that one coming... next time I place my bets first. ;)
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:06 pm

LMAO!
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Depends on the role play. If its a normal raid, ok, can happen.

If its attack against a lone kajira in the same. Then I think: how brave, but I already had a thread about that.

And then you have the idiots who attack a lone kajira in a non combat sim, and order her to come with them: those are just banned.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Runt
SL Name: Pie
Owner: Real Life

Postby Runt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Invalid. The sandal is not on the approved weapons list.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:21 pm

As you know I started this thread with some humor because that is where I am at with this occurring now.

However, I'm going to tell you that I went through a progression over the years. Let's just say I started out with strong OOC'ly feelings for my first slaves and actually was alright with the first time one of them was capped, came back with a few bruises and that was that. It was disney gor.

A while later I went into the deep dark world of GE Outlaw Gor (Fresh Avatar and Story). Let's just say I wasn't quite progressive enough to understand what I saw there, because I didn't realize the level at which some play there; It was down right sick in my opinion. Of course, there was a slave I cared about OOC'ly and we were really good friends and spent a lot of time with her On-line. One night our sim was raided and it went on for a couple of hours. I was downed and she happened to be nearby and was downed as well. Normally the slaves would sit bound while the free were dragged off: Not this time.

The guy actually took her and that night I heard the tale (pasted local chat to my IMs) of the most disturbing gruesome scene I've ever heard; it was errie and sick and would honestly make Jefferory Dalmor shiver. The hardest part was hearing everything that was going on, not being able to do anything about it. In reflection, it all seemed like a planned well exectued mission.

A day or so later I found out that it was actually planned mission from this guy, someone on my own sim was trying to mess with her mentally to get her out of the picture so they could move in on me for a romantic interest. The next day I left GE.

Now, I can lay in binds and watch my slaves get dragged off and tell them "Have Fun" in IMs. Because if anyone is planning turkey carving for them, they can simply port away with a smile and say FTB. What's funny is in BtB they never keep them for that long... or really harm them unless they do something worth punishing for.

We all evolve and become better as a role play species, amazing the change from then to now.
Erik
SL Name: Erik Fyanucci
Caste: It's complicated
Role: Laugh-master
Home Stone: Reality
AkA: Ari Blackthorne

Postby Erik » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:As you know I started this thread with some humor because that is where I am at with this occurring now.

However, I'm going to tell you that I went through a progression over the years. Let's just say I started out with strong OOC'ly feelings for my first slaves and actually was alright with the first time one of them was capped, came back with a few bruises and that was that. It was disney gor.

A while later I went into the deep dark world of GE Outlaw Gor (Fresh Avatar and Story). Let's just say I wasn't quite progressive enough to understand what I saw there, because I didn't realize the level at which some play there; It was down right sick in my opinion. Of course, there was a slave I cared about OOC'ly and we were really good friends and spent a lot of time with her On-line. One night our sim was raided and it went on for a couple of hours. I was downed and she happened to be nearby and was downed as well. Normally the slaves would sit bound while the free were dragged off: Not this time.

The guy actually took her and that night I heard the tale (pasted local chat to my IMs) of the most disturbing gruesome scene I've ever heard; it was errie and sick and would honestly make Jefferory Dalmor shiver. The hardest part was hearing everything that was going on, not being able to do anything about it. In reflection, it all seemed like a planned well exectued mission.

A day or so later I found out that it was actually planned mission from this guy, someone on my own sim was trying to mess with her mentally to get her out of the picture so they could move in on me for a romantic interest. The next day I left GE.

Now, I can lay in binds and watch my slaves get dragged off and tell them "Have Fun" in IMs. Because if anyone is planning turkey carving for them, they can simply port away with a smile and say FTB. What's funny is in BtB they never keep them for that long... or really harm them unless they do something worth punishing for.

We all evolve and become better as a role play species, amazing the change from then to now.

Now THIS was a story worth reading!

If my girl is ever snagged for whatever reason... as long as the scenario is plausible and there is actual role play story: meh, it's role play. I tell her to try to have as much fun as you can. Because here's the thing: number one, no matter how eccentric (-caughs-) our characters might be, OOCly we (most) respect the slave and the one who owns her or him. If she's already opened, sure - have at it. if she's not, then I doubt she would be in captivity (that OOC respect thing).

But most importantly is this: if there is an OOC relationship -at all- no matter how captivity role play goes, that OOC relationship continues, even if just in IM or off-Gor. So it doesn't make sense, for example, if some mercenary kidnaps a free woman, sells her to me and I collar her and then expect to actually go through with branding and selling her to some passer-through to be taken off to come new city (unless that is the intent of the player, who will say so in IMs).

So in my case, I'll always find a reason or cause in "delaying" the branding step. Leaving that "out" for the role player so their story is not changed irreparably. I think the basic idea is that a captivity role play is more like a little "side road" in your overall role play story, and those doing the capturing understand this.
NoneSpecified

Postby NoneSpecified » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Like having your car towed.
Carter
SL Name: ***

Postby Carter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:56 pm

As usual...nothing is black and white with this one...

IC I dont care if they are stolen, they dont mean much to me anyway and I will go off to Sais and steal another to replace her.. after all, they are all numbered, so losing number 2 just means I just get another and call her number 2..keeps it simple and orderly.

If I suspect there is some OOC motive or plain sadistic RP ..I will tell her of my concerns and its her call, they are mature intelligent women, they know when it's silly and they dont need big bad ass Master Carter to tell them to TP home or log off.

I also have to appreciate they dont get much RP without my involvement.. being stolen is fun in some sense for them.. so it's a wave buybye in IM and tell them to play nicely and escape when its plausible to do so.

Xaz once killed one of my slaves, Senna or number 1 as she is known, for a number of reasons which are very complicated, but he spent ages tracking her down and chasing her all over GOR, until she returned OOC with wings and no head... she loved it and I was thankful for Xaz for giving her that time and gruesome end.

Several days later Senna resurrected and began a new character Rping with Adoveea Rau as one of her house slaves, so I bought her as a new character and called her number 1 for sentimental reasons.. I know, I am a romantic at heart ;)

Return to “Free Men”