Velcro Collars

Discussions related to Free Men

Velcro Collars

Male: It's only roleplay, once it's over... release her.
2%
Male: It's only roleplay, once it's over... release her.
2%
Male: There should be some consideration for the person behind the avatar.
13%
Male: There should be some consideration for the person behind the avatar.
13%
Male: Take responsibility with ownership and make it last beyond your initial fun.
7%
Male: Take responsibility with ownership and make it last beyond your initial fun.
7%
Female: It's only roleplay, once it's over... release her.
4%
Female: It's only roleplay, once it's over... release her.
4%
Female: There should be some consideration for the person behind the avatar.
17%
Female: There should be some consideration for the person behind the avatar.
17%
Female: Take responsibility with ownership and make it last beyond your initial fun.
7%
Female: Take responsibility with ownership and make it last beyond your initial fun.
7%

Total votes: 46
Verona
SL Name: Verona Lorgsval
Caste: scribe
Role: Editor in Chief/Publisher VoG
Home Stone: Olni

Re: Velcro Collars

Postby Verona » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:43 pm

OMG none of these really work for me. this is gor, cap her have fun sell her off, she made the choice to be in Gor, Eve cartier wrote in her profile. "in second life you have the right to be anything, you have the right to be a vampire, a furry, a wizard at hogwarts, a biker, and the right to be a gorean slave, but the second you choose to be a gorean slave i have the right to treat you as such." there are lots and lots of situations in the books where a slave was used and discarded sold or given away without a care or regard for the slave girl. If you no longer want her, give her to your friend. Mean yes, maybe to her and to your friend. If she is a bitchy princess that you are tired off give her to your enemy. But we women chose to rp on Gor, and if we do not have enough brains to build into our rp things that would make you an unacceptable slave, then do not play in gor. So if you are sick of her, then get ridof her in a slave like fashion. Feel free to tell her, you are no longer pleasing and i am selling you to the local urt hunter, you can choose to be eaten by urts so you may be reborn as a free woman or a panther girl that is your option for rp, but i am not going to set you free because i am tired of you, i am going to dispose of you. In a gorean fashion.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:19 pm

None worked for me either. I do think I sort of understand Chron's question.

I dislike the negative attitudes towards velcro collar slaves, capture sluts, etc. I do get that some people want to engage in long term owner-slave relationships with each other, and that, for them, so called capture sluts or velcro collar slaves are not ideal partners. But I am not a life-styler who believes this is how men and women should interact. I think that it is perfectly fine for women and men to be interested in more short-term or 'non-set' term RPs involving submission, slavery, and all that. Sure, women who wear 3 different collars per day, or 10 minutes no RP, I TP out... that may get ridiculous, but I don't feel that those who engage in more short term RP are in anyway engaging in inferior RP.

Also, I think that a lot of those who ARE accused of being capture sluts or velcro collar sluts are accused of those things unfairly. Given the lack of men in gor and the fact that men often are only into an RP for a limited time (as well as the presence of silly rules like max capture times), it can actually be quite hard for women to find long term RP as a slave, especially when they want to be enslaved OOCly, but their character doesn't want to ICly (in other words, do the 'unwilling thing'). I spoke to someone recently who seem quite nice and intelligent, quite submissive too, but who had been trying to 'get' enslaved for a very long time (she played a FW and did her best to create OOC situations that would lead to her enslavement without doing anything directed at enslavement ICly) but never managed to make it work. She might run into some trouble, but because her character did her best to stay free, they always took pitty on her and threw her back, or just could not be bothered. She told me that she knew that people often felt she was a capture slut, even if they didn't say it out loud. But she seemed earnest in her desire to be enslaved for the long term.

Maybe this player's hopes were unrealistic. Maybe, in a gor with far more women than men, you simply can't play the role of unwilling/reluctant slave, because there are just too many others who just go totally submissive and willing straight away. Maybe, if you want to play a slave, you SHOULD play a slave, in the current SL gor. But I think there are a lot of women, like her, who just don't want to do that. So, instead, they settle for the occasional short term submission RP. This is quite common in non gor sims, including some pseudo gorean pew pew ones that seem to have risen up, recently. I don't think that RP-ers who do this are RP parasites, as soom seem to believe. And I find that they are often quite fun to RP with. Give them RP that lasts beyond one encounter, and many of them will stick around. And if some prefer not to? That is no problem with me either.
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:29 pm

I voted for "There should be some consideration for the person behind the avatar" but when I read the OP I thought of a completely different definition, one in which the FW becomes a slave and is into the role for a while (he's my love Master) and then suddenly returns to her home a FW again as if nothing happened (oh, he loves me so he let me go to be his Companion) and after a time is off again, all lovey dovey slavey again (he's my love Master... again). I suppose this is similar to what you define as a Velcro collar, but from a different angle.
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
Rayzor McAuley
SL Name: Rayzor McAuley
Role: old salt

Postby Rayzor McAuley » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:39 pm

I chose "Take responsibility with ownership and make it last beyond your initial fun" because I think there should be more storyline building in RP. That's not to say that you shouldn't discard, sell off, or slay a displeasing slave, but its all relative to the situation. I guess I voted the way I did because your initial post made you sound like a pew-pewer that isn't having fun if he isn't playing cap-n-release. If that's the case, I say get over yourself.

The absence of proof is no proof of absence.
E. Edward Gray
SL Name: Mr. Resident
Role: Back in the Game

Postby E. Edward Gray » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:18 pm

The best part of a personal slave is that it can be used to chase away the 722 other slaves on the sim whose owner ignores them..

God sometimes Gor sucks..
I'm not happy unless you're not happy..
Aseptimus
SL Name: Dmitri Ruby
Caste: Builder
Role: Tinker
Home Stone: The Source
Owner: Time

Postby Aseptimus » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:03 pm

I don't think any of the options are correct. If your character desires to keep her, keep her. If she is less than pleasing, costs too much to maintain, or there is political, economic, social, or other gain to not keeping her.. then don't. If she is a long term role player she will go along with whatever happens, extending and developing her character's story through the process. If she's just after quick fun, she'll TP home and the decision is made for you.
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
“Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.”
- Edgar Degas

Postby ... » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Aseptimus wrote:I don't think any of the options are correct. If your character desires to keep her, keep her. If she is less than pleasing, costs too much to maintain, or there is political, economic, social, or other gain to not keeping her.. then don't. If she is a long term role player she will go along with whatever happens, extending and developing her character's story through the process. If she's just after quick fun, she'll TP home and the decision is made for you.

1000 times this. There are some people I want to play with until my fingers bleed and my eyes cross, and there are some people I want to play with for a few hours... and the same is true in reverse, I'd imagine. I think it depends entirely on how much fun you're having OOCly with the person you're writing with, and how much sense it makes ICly.
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:57 pm

I read the title here and thought of something completely different.
Specifically they yo-yo effect you have even if you will stick by the roleplay.

And part of that I fear is because too many people like the idea of slapping a collar on someone to the point that it has no real meaning. Just like custom brands. I used to like them, but every single person seems to have one and they just brand over top of the girl's original brand so now their's is the one shown. So now brands have little meaning.

As a panther I would prefer to have a male captive than to have a temporary male slave. And the extent should be balanced from both sides. If you don't want a slave do not take one. You want one, take one that will make you happy. Most likely that is the one that wants the long term commitment that you desire as well.
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron

Return to “Free Men”