SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Re: Hey Men!

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Oor wrote:
Anarch Allegiere wrote:In a lot of raids I've done in SL Gor there always was an element of OOC animosity towards whomever they tried to raid. "Oh hey, <this guy> is here, let's fuck up that idiot wanker" and obviously then too you're going to end up with situations where neither side will want to RP any consequences after the raid is over, because either Warrior A who dislikes Raider B is going to get pissed off when he loses the meter combat, or Raider B would get pissed when he loses and then all the cheat and troll accusations start flying out, and while there might've been some exciting moment of combat because some men were trying to 'protect' their manliness there isn't any roleplay or storyline that comes from it for anyone else.

This is an issue with any conflict RP in the Gorean genre - far more than in any other genre. Whether it's a squabble between two slave girls or all out war between two cities, there's always a palpable OOC element to it. It's pathetic, and it's pretty much at the core of why Gorean RP is often so fucking dull.

It's probably because more people are in Gorean role play for kinky fuckery than for stories with kinky fuckery in them (there is a difference), so the idea that you win by writing the best story, even if your character is the "loser" within that story, is lost. And really, this absolute inability (and let's face it, lack of desire - whenever it comes up here we get some moron or three of the "herpaderp, but you were in a private skybox OOC with someone and therefore BRAINFART" variety) to separate IC/OOC and focus on story, and understand how to weave stories with others and be inclusive, has been around for so long I'm really not sure anything can be done about it.

That's why we all end up in our little cliques and groups of people we know won't turn into fucking aggro in a hot minute.

She says, about to start RPing in Gor a bit again. Optimism.

:lol: Yeah, Harlequin and I have dipped our toes back in. Dunno if it'll go anywhere, but I got him to set foot in a Gor sim again, so calling that a win for my persuasiveness. But yeah. Pretty much everything you said.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Adlai
SL Name: adlai.rae
Caste: warrior
Role: Fleet Commander
Home Stone: Illyros

Re: Hey Men!

Postby Adlai » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:08 pm

Oor wrote:
Anarch Allegiere wrote:In a lot of raids I've done in SL Gor there always was an element of OOC animosity towards whomever they tried to raid. "Oh hey, <this guy> is here, let's fuck up that idiot wanker" and obviously then too you're going to end up with situations where neither side will want to RP any consequences after the raid is over, because either Warrior A who dislikes Raider B is going to get pissed off when he loses the meter combat, or Raider B would get pissed when he loses and then all the cheat and troll accusations start flying out, and while there might've been some exciting moment of combat because some men were trying to 'protect' their manliness there isn't any roleplay or storyline that comes from it for anyone else.

This is an issue with any conflict RP in the Gorean genre - far more than in any other genre. Whether it's a squabble between two slave girls or all out war between two cities, there's always a palpable OOC element to it. It's pathetic, and it's pretty much at the core of why Gorean RP is often so fucking dull.

It's probably because more people are in Gorean role play for kinky fuckery than for stories with kinky fuckery in them (there is a difference), so the idea that you win by writing the best story, even if your character is the "loser" within that story, is lost. And really, this absolute inability (and let's face it, lack of desire - whenever it comes up here we get some moron or three of the "herpaderp, but you were in a private skybox OOC with someone and therefore BRAINFART" variety) to separate IC/OOC and focus on story, and understand how to weave stories with others and be inclusive, has been around for so long I'm really not sure anything can be done about it.

That's why we all end up in our little cliques and groups of people we know won't turn into fucking aggro in a hot minute.

She says, about to start RPing in Gor a bit again. Optimism.

The two of you have pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm giving it another go but am very cautious about where my RP partner and I land.
"The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense." Tom Clancy
http://counterearth.enjin.com/

Return to “Free Men”