New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Have a suggestion for the forums? Want to see something changed? Need a smiley added? Please post it here and we will see what we can do to make your experience a more enjoyable one!
User avatar
Leah
Posts: 1043
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara
Location: Somewhere in Eorzea
Contact:

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby Leah » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 pm

alana wrote:OK sorry, I have had like... no sleep for 3 days, and been in the hospital with my mother for the last few days...
laughing at myself 'cause I was wondering what I had missed...
:banghead:

Obviously I need the portal


<3 It's okay, I totally thought it was new too!
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
User avatar
Festus
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:54 am
SL Name: Festus

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby Festus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Charlotte Milev wrote:Its 6 am and my brain decided not to sleep, so maybe this is obvious to non-brain farting minds..

Offend what?
Offend against the existing rules (like spamming, not playing nice?)
Then wouldn't this be new ramifications to breaking the rules, as opposed to a new rule?

*me puzzled*


It's not a new rule
User avatar
Claude Belgar
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:31 pm
SL Name: Claude Belgar
Role: Trader… sort of…
Home Stone: Twin Falls
Owner: None… I think.
Location: Looking down at the idiocy of Kaitlin and Sasi, among others

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby Claude Belgar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:59 am

I have a question about this new disposition. Let say I did a mistake on the gorum, I didn't intend to do it, but since it's done, it's fair enough I got a verbal warning.

Now the question is, how long this warning will stay in my file ? If I do again a mistake two years later, will the mode use the two years old warning and give me directly a one day ban ? :?
"when all the books show that Gorean seldom change of home stone."Sasi.

"I have never said that the books stated that Gorean seldom change of homestone."Sasi.

Sasi caught lying between her teeth.
User avatar
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:55 am
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby Ceri the Urt » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:05 am

Technically yes. The warning never goes away, however we have taken into consideration the person who has erred and if they are not a regular offender then that does come into play and we may give another verbal warning. This has a lot to do with how bad the offenses are, if the person has been questionable for awhile etc etc.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
User avatar
TrollinWitMyHomies
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 am
SL Name: Which?
Role: I'm in your threadz, trollin.
Owner: Foamy, the Squirrel

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby TrollinWitMyHomies » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 am

Edda wrote:Does anyone think Alice was trolling anything? Really? I mean - what are the standards? What do people get banned for? For having and own opinion and expressing it?

I never saw one post for her that I considered a troll. I often do not agree with her - but that does not mean she is trolling topics.

I just do not understand the recent bans at all.


Pulled this from another post... and is not actually about Alice, but it's still apparently relevant and has gone unanswered to my knowledge.

What exactly are the standards of "trolling" and who decides? Is it determined by the amount of flags someone gets and are those flags actually looked at with objectivity?

For instance, if I dislike Oor, I could technically go back and flag a lot of her posts where she firmly states her opinion because she is one of those firm opinion staters. ;) I could cry to Ceri and say something like I feel I should now delete my avatar in world because Oor has ruined my SL. Is that gonna get Oor warned and ultimately banned if it happens enough all because I'm being an overly sensitive blathering fool?

I think that if you are going to get all mod-crazed then at least have very clear definitions in place for what is considered "against the rules" here because, clearly, I think despite how obvious it should be, it's really just not.

For instance:

1. Racial, ethnic, sexist, or discriminatory slurs.
2. Outright personal attacks/flames.
3. Linking locked threads.
4. Harassing a member via PMs or posts.
5. Excessive flagging of posts without reason.

I honestly see at lot of constructive criticism and intellectual (though witty) banter here taken personally and I really think people need to get over this. The policies should reflect that there is a clear difference between saying "I think that you are ill-informed and here are 5 reasons why you don't have a leg to stand on" and "You caused the sim to fail, you selfish, vicious bitch." If you can't see the clear and apparent difference, you are probably also one of those people who have trouble figuring out which is your pixel ass and your real ass, I fear.
All your forum are belong to us.

Humor. I haz it. Do you?
Legion
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:23 pm
SL Name: Magadhi bint Alim al-Salah
AkA: Mags

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby Legion » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:08 am

TrollinWitMyHomies wrote:
Edda wrote:Does anyone think Alice was trolling anything? Really? I mean - what are the standards? What do people get banned for? For having and own opinion and expressing it?

I never saw one post for her that I considered a troll. I often do not agree with her - but that does not mean she is trolling topics.

I just do not understand the recent bans at all.


Pulled this from another post... and is not actually about Alice, but it's still apparently relevant and has gone unanswered to my knowledge.

What exactly are the standards of "trolling" and who decides? Is it determined by the amount of flags someone gets and are those flags actually looked at with objectivity?

For instance, if I dislike Oor, I could technically go back and flag a lot of her posts where she firmly states her opinion because she is one of those firm opinion staters. ;) I could cry to Ceri and say something like I feel I should now delete my avatar in world because Oor has ruined my SL. Is that gonna get Oor warned and ultimately banned if it happens enough all because I'm being an overly sensitive blathering fool?

I think that if you are going to get all mod-crazed then at least have very clear definitions in place for what is considered "against the rules" here because, clearly, I think despite how obvious it should be, it's really just not.

For instance:

1. Racial, ethnic, sexist, or discriminatory slurs.
2. Outright personal attacks/flames.
3. Linking locked threads.
4. Harassing a member via PMs or posts.
5. Excessive flagging of posts without reason.

I honestly see at lot of constructive criticism and intellectual (though witty) banter here taken personally and I really think people need to get over this. The policies should reflect that there is a clear difference between saying "I think that you are ill-informed and here are 5 reasons why you don't have a leg to stand on" and "You caused the sim to fail, you selfish, vicious bitch." If you can't see the clear and apparent difference, you are probably also one of those people who have trouble figuring out which is your pixel ass and your real ass, I fear.


Also telling Ceri how to run her boards is not going to get you brownie points, but if you wish to continue digging your own grave, I say go crazy.
"Man needs as much liberation as woman." - Osho
User avatar
TrollinWitMyHomies
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 am
SL Name: Which?
Role: I'm in your threadz, trollin.
Owner: Foamy, the Squirrel

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby TrollinWitMyHomies » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:13 am

Clearly you neglected to read the part where I said:

TrollinWitMyHomies wrote:I think that[...]


Usually, when someone says "I think" they are offering an opinion or suggestion. This is not the same as "You need to..." Typically, when someone signs up for a discussion forum, they should probably realize that this "I think that.." phrase might come up sometimes. If this is so offensive to you, then why, oh why, do you even read forums? :roll:

See, perfect example as to why it's clearly NOT clear to some. :eh:
All your forum are belong to us.

Humor. I haz it. Do you?
User avatar
Pelopidas
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:49 pm
SL Name: Dion Diavolo
Location: North Greece

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby Pelopidas » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:46 am

Kiana? Enough already.
User avatar
TrollinWitMyHomies
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 am
SL Name: Which?
Role: I'm in your threadz, trollin.
Owner: Foamy, the Squirrel

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby TrollinWitMyHomies » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:50 am

Wtf are you talking about Pelo? I'm not the only one who has asked these questions. And no one has answered them still. I think that it's kind of good to know when people are issued warnings and bans with no explanation. Am I not allowed to ask a freaking question and make suggestions? :roll:
All your forum are belong to us.

Humor. I haz it. Do you?
User avatar
Dren Bernard
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 pm
SL Name: Dren Bernard
Caste: Physician's
Role: On sabatical
Home Stone: Salernum
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: New Gorum Ban Rules EVERYONE READ!

Postby Dren Bernard » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:00 am

I love dead horses flogging themselves to forum death.
For the popcorning gallery: It is just before Asculum, it won't be long.
Dren & Kait's Gorean Physician's resource:
http://teslikandsiproot.webs.com/

Return to “Gorum Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest