Would you still play?

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.

Would you still play if SL Gor was more PC?

I am a man and I would still play
3%
I am a man and I would still play
3%
I am a woman and I would still play
9%
I am a woman and I would still play
9%
I am a man and I would not play
15%
I am a man and I would not play
15%
I am a woman and I would not play
23%
I am a woman and I would not play
23%

Total votes: 96
Perse
SL Name: Perse

Re: Would you still play?

Postby Perse » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:11 am

Edda wrote:
Pinkie Pancake wrote:
Dream Resistance wrote:So no, it wouldn't be Gor anymore, but I'd still play, because I'm not after cathartic subby experiences.

It's not a cathartic subby experience I'm looking for either, but without a male dominated world I don't see the point of roleplaying Gor.
It would be like playing Star Wars without Jedi. I might as well pick another space inspired genre.

I agree with that. I mostly play a free woman and the subby experience is not even on my radar. I still love the challenge of playing that free woman with all the limits that world sets women - and to see how she gets on and what she can make happen ;)

Basically that. Take away the male dominated society, and Gor wouldn't be Gor for me. I love the world; the caste system, regions and cities, the animals, cultures, all of it, but take away its core - domination, slavery, male supremecy, and it wouldn't be Gor for me anymore. So, no. I wouldn't play. BORING! :D
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:52 pm

The PC thing is tough. If you are asking would I play around a person of a different sexual persuasion? Sure I do it often enough now.

But if we curbed the sex, the violence, and the general tone. Well as others have said, it would not be gor any more.

Don't get me wrong. I want Gor to be as close to the books as we can pull off. I would not mind seeing Furry gor where anthropomorphic cats replace humans or some such.
Or Star Trek gor where Uhura is chained to Kirk's chair.

But if you lose the sex, slavery, violence then you can't even claim to be GE or flavoured gor.

(And incase any did not understand the capitalization for btb Gor. True gor should follow what is in the books. Part of what makes Gor special is its rules. You go to Gor you see that. The others are the main theme modded with gor themes. Gor however can't be modded with the others without ceasing to be Gor. I hope I am making sense it is getting late for me.)
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
bahira
SL Name: Anya Lodenwald
Role: Slave
Owner: Jaxx Ilsker
AkA: bahira

Postby bahira » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:07 am

I most likely would not play. But honestly isn't GE pretty much close to that now? With women, slave and Free Women, carrying bows and swords and collaring every man they knock down on the meter?
Caranda
SL Name: Caranda Schreiner
Role: slave
Owner: Brigette Wade

Postby Caranda » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:19 am

What would be the point? To me the attraction of Gor is not just the swords and tarns but that the society is so un-PC and totally unlike modern Earth.
It is regarded as right to enslave a natural slave
Cor
SL Name: Trenzos Dyrssen
Caste: Scribe
Role: Scholar
Home Stone: Ar
Owner: Kaissa

Postby Cor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Pelopidas wrote:Id play, id go find Cor and kill the fucker, he was instrumental in Pelo's demise.

:gunz:

Then? Id wipe out the entire Blue caste, just to make sure.

:fight:

You can't! It's not politically correct to kill Cor or wipe out the entire caste of scribes. I will call invalid. And you can't do anything about it, bastard!
“Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.”
Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Postby Sempati » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Caranda wrote:What would be the point? To me the attraction of Gor is not just the swords and tarns but that the society is so un-PC and totally unlike modern Earth.

This is why I would continue playing even if SL Gor went super PC (some aspects already close) and that is to be the counterpoint. Perhaps its my nature that while try and get along with the world I am in, I am not about to let it completely alter who I am to fit within it. Plus I think some people confuse being non-PC as being a loud mouth asshole which is not the case, you can be respectful and well mannered and still beleive in male domination, natural order and all that.
I might get really bored and in lot more trouble in an uber PC version of Gor....and would really miss on the chances to walk up to a slave, drop a tarsk bit in her coinbox or mouth and unleash my frustrations. or perhaps women still playing that version be so glad for the change they would flock around likes bees to honey. :teehee:
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
RexUrsus
SL Name: RexUrsus
AkA: RexUrsus

Postby RexUrsus » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:50 pm

Echo wrote: I would not mind seeing Furry gor where anthropomorphic cats replace humans or some such.
Or Star Trek gor where Uhura is chained to Kirk's chair.

Personally I find original series Star Trek is really not that far removed from John Norman in his attitude to relations between the sexes. Must have been the way they rolled back then or something. Anyhow, just imagine....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
serene mistwood
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx

Postby serene mistwood » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Ha!

I wonder if I could get away with playing an Orion slave girl on Gor..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:23 am

serene mistwood wrote:Ha!

I wonder if I could get away with playing an Orion slave girl on Gor..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Call her an exotic bred slave and I'm sure it will be ok :mrgreen:
serene mistwood
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx

Postby serene mistwood » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:54 pm

Ha! yes. I've ran into and RP'ed with much worse ferals and mambas, and I use the term loosely... One of those "how the fuck do I RP my way away politely" moments :fleeflee:
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.

Return to “General RP Discussions”