How active are you in Gorean RP these days?

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.

How active are you in Gorean RP these days?

Full time: I’m still active, my online time hasn’t changed much and I spend most of that in Gor.
14%
Full time: I’m still active, my online time hasn’t changed much and I spend most of that in Gor.
14%
Part time: I’m online regularly, the same amount as usual, but less than half of that time is in Gor.
9%
Part time: I’m online regularly, the same amount as usual, but less than half of that time is in Gor.
9%
Part time: My SL time has been significantly reduced or limited, but when I am online I am in Gor.
9%
Part time: My SL time has been significantly reduced or limited, but when I am online I am in Gor.
9%
Inactive: I’m no longer roleplay in Gor as my SL time is significantly reduced.
3%
Inactive: I’m no longer roleplay in Gor as my SL time is significantly reduced.
3%
Inactive: My online time is about the same, but I’m no longer in Gor as I found other things to do.
11%
Inactive: My online time is about the same, but I’m no longer in Gor as I found other things to do.
11%
Other: Just because every poll should have an other.
4%
Other: Just because every poll should have an other.
4%

Total votes: 162
Ceri Debbel
SL Name: Ceri Debbel
Role: kajira
Home Stone: Salernum
Owner: The Tavern

Re: How active are you in Gorean RP these days?

Postby Ceri Debbel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Ok people back into your corners lol. Let's get along nice now!...

That said, i am very active in SL Gor when i'm not roleplaying i'm either in RL or taking a break shopping. I am though relatively new too the whole scene so i'm not so jaded yet and i'm still throughly enjoying all the different characters i'm meeting.
Carter
SL Name: ***

Postby Carter » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Thyri wrote:I guess I fall into the inactive category now. I've gotten too frustrated by all of the OOC drama, nit picking, bickering, and such. I have a dramatic enough RL as it is. When I log onto SL now, its for fun. I'm not logging into SL to sit alone in a sim for 5 hours a day anymore. I'm not logging into SL to have IMs dropped on me "hey can you tour XYZ person" or "Hey can you come to the tavern" I log onto SL now to spend time with my friends, and spend time creating.

I realized that when I RP in WoW... my role is not constantly criticized or people randomly messaging me wondering why I'm standing up or worried about my avatar's AO movements. They care about the text. And thats what gets my rocks off, the text. That makes me happy so I'm RPing where I'm happy.

Okay.. so tell me.. you found SL gor "frustrated by all of the OOC drama, nit picking, bickering, and such".. Explain to me what contribution that post will actually do for others or do you just want a medium to let others to know you are pissed off with SL GOR and found another RP environment ?

TreatRothschild wrote:Let's see who we have: Rob Escape, Dream, Blue, Me (even though I'm back in for now), Melisande was here for a while, Grace Loudon was here for a while too. If I forget any, please forgive me. None of them has really been active in SL Gor for a while, yet all have, undeniably, paid blood, sweat and fortune to make the playground you want them to sit down and shut up about.

It's disrespectful and dishonorable.

Treat.. many of those names I know.. and only today I was contacted by 3 previously very prolific contributors who are still RPing in GOR and occasionally look at this forum for some semblance of a debate or positive contribution about Gorean RP.

.. why dont they post here anymore or feel this is an important source of debate and knowledge.. simple. They dont need or want to read the constant negative criticism, internalised moaning, and tainted self expressions of why others dont RP in GOR.

and sweating blood tears and spending hours of your time.. doesnt then give you any right to stand on the side lines sniping at others and being overly critical when people try to develop and make something more enjoyable.

And please dont tell me about disrepect and dishonour, when I was the target of some of the most malicious campaigns on this forum and in SL, because I objected publicly to the activites and behaviour of the BTB nazi's... who incidentally, most have disappeared off to WOW or whatever after causing unbelievable personal upset and chaos for a time.

Everybody wants creative objectivity, constructive criticism, positive suggestions, advice and points of clarification on an issue which isnt black and white.. but you can sense in these burnouts some undercurrent of negativity.... its so easy to criticise.. ten times harder to say something positive.

perhaps they do it to justify their own decision to leave, perhaps they want to constantly reinforce why they left.. a little like a bitter divorcee who wont stop talking about an ex and how glad they are he is out of their life.... its sad, depressing and nobody wants to hear it and you just want to bitch slap them and say.. move on.

and on that note.. time for me to move on.. I have said all i need to say.. and look forward to see you and some of Tancred Landings citizens soon.
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Yup, we're due to come to Treve Monday evening. Look forward to talking with you.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:10 am

I've thought long and hard on what Maggy, Carter and Junea have said, and I can see their point.

Of course the forums are open to anyone, new, old, retired, active. Of course the oldbies and originals deserve a measure of respect for their contributions. Their opinions and additions to discussions on the books and general concepts of Gor are extremely relevant and helpful.

The general topic discussions require no knowledge, history or experience with Gor or RP, and discussions on roleplay techniques can be had no matter what genre you are in. I don't think they have issue with that so much as the jaded negativity and the peppering of mockery we see here sometimes.

I didn't know then, but I'm not too proud to admit now, that when I was burned out on Gor, bitter and jaded from some experiences and on a break, that my posts here reflected that, they had to have. My anecdotes weren't positive ones, my advice was jaded, and my compassion and empathy was at an all time low. I don't think anyone reading the undercurrents of negativity and hostility I was spewing would have felt encouraged or excited or interested in Gor. I don't know... Am I the only one with balls enough to admit my personal slant on things could have been perceived as negative? Surely not everyone here thinks they are a bucket of helpful sunshine.

Forums don't have to be a happy place, I'm not saying that, but sometimes the posts that include a lot of negativity about the genre itself, the roleplay, and especially the mockery of the players who do chose to be there seems a tad much, even to an old burn out like me. At the end of the day it IS a forum about a genre and the players in it.

It's sort of like walking into an Indian restaurant, complaining about the smell, and then loudly making muslim jokes.
Sure, you are entitled, but seriously... :?

Yes, I know I'll regret this post tomorrow, it happens.
Korben Larkham

Postby Korben Larkham » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:01 am

You mean Hindu jokes, right?
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 am

Korben Larkham wrote:You mean Hindu jokes, right?

Well as I understood it, India has a significant number of people of Islamic faith, one of the largest in the world.
I don't live there, but I do work with and live near many who did and are, so it's the first thing that came to mind.

Hindu works too though, and better, for the analogy I tried to make.
Thank you.
p.sky
SL Name: persiasky

Postby p.sky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:42 am

Not very much. But mostly because of finals week.
"--my lines are down, you conquer me. as i float around in space odyssey."
p.sky

Postby p.sky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 am

~Linnet~ wrote:
Korben Larkham wrote:You mean Hindu jokes, right?

Well as I understood it, India has a significant number of people of Islamic faith, one of the largest in the world.
I don't live there, but I do work with and live near many who did and are, so it's the first thing that came to mind.

Hindu works too though, and better, for the analogy I tried to make.
Thank you.

Completely disregarding you taking a massive out of context dump on Islam and India, yeah.. I suppose.
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:52 am

Actually, she wasn't. She was taking a massive dump on people who would do the sort of thing she described.

But, thanks for playing.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
p.sky

Postby p.sky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:30 am

Put your cape away.

Return to “General RP Discussions”