How active are you in Gorean RP these days?

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.

How active are you in Gorean RP these days?

Full time: I’m still active, my online time hasn’t changed much and I spend most of that in Gor.
14%
Full time: I’m still active, my online time hasn’t changed much and I spend most of that in Gor.
14%
Part time: I’m online regularly, the same amount as usual, but less than half of that time is in Gor.
9%
Part time: I’m online regularly, the same amount as usual, but less than half of that time is in Gor.
9%
Part time: My SL time has been significantly reduced or limited, but when I am online I am in Gor.
9%
Part time: My SL time has been significantly reduced or limited, but when I am online I am in Gor.
9%
Inactive: I’m no longer roleplay in Gor as my SL time is significantly reduced.
3%
Inactive: I’m no longer roleplay in Gor as my SL time is significantly reduced.
3%
Inactive: My online time is about the same, but I’m no longer in Gor as I found other things to do.
11%
Inactive: My online time is about the same, but I’m no longer in Gor as I found other things to do.
11%
Other: Just because every poll should have an other.
4%
Other: Just because every poll should have an other.
4%

Total votes: 162
Maggy Hazelnut
SL Name: Maggy Hazelnut

Re: How active are you in Gorean RP these days?

Postby Maggy Hazelnut » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:21 pm

I am one of the fulltime SL Gor players altho I do venture out and do other things sometimes. I have to say that I'm surprised at how many regular posters on the Gorums aren't even in Gor anymore & haven't been for quite some time. Also almost everyone that I talk with in Gor either doesn't come to these forums or they don't even know about them. I can understand RL taking someone away from SL either temporarily or permanently but I'm curious as to why so many that haven't played for a long time or don't even like SL Gor anymore still post here a LOT. I know there are plenty of forums for those that prefer WoW or L4D or other games so why keep trying to have so much influence posting here with advice & opinions? Some of the biggest posters don't seem to even like Gor anymore. Is it the big fish in the little pond syndrome? Why not move on if you don't enjoy SL Gor? In the past I played EQ1, EQ2, DAoC, SWG, WoW, Warhammer, Vanguard & more - there's not a single one of those forums that I go back to & post on.
Maggy Hazelnut
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Interesting question, I can't speak for others but here is my take.

When I stopped RP'ing in Gor in the fall for a few months I stayed active on the forums for several reasons. Firstly a lot of my friends were still here and I liked to banter with them and "socialize" as many topics are not Gor related. Also, though I wasn't actively playing, I didn't hate Gor, I was just burned out and dealing with some RL stuff and it wasn't good for me to be playing, I still felt I could contribute to the conversations.

I've been back in Gor since about January now. At first I was part time Midian, part time Gor. That proved to be difficult, pulled in two directions, so I dropped Midian and stayed in Gor. I would still call myself only part time though as I do spend about half my time OOC, and half in Gor.

I understand what you are saying about dropping forums though, when I left Obscure Reality I didn't go back to those forums, same with Midian, but somehow these were a bigger part my activity and I stayed even during my Gor break.
Maggy Hazelnut

Postby Maggy Hazelnut » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:40 pm

I can understand that Linnet, especially if you feel that you just need a break or aren't sure if you're coming back soon or not. I can also understand wanting to keep in contact with friends or posting on other non-Gor forums here. But I don't understand many others that have an open dislike for Gor or that feel they've permanently left that still keep posting so much on Gorean related forums & topics. What's the point? Do some feel that they're such Gorean "experts" that they need to chime in on almost every semi-controversial thread and that the rest of us can't do without their great knowledge & expertise? Why not let those that enjoy SL Gor & actually play in it post without the negativity that runs thru many threads by those that're burned out & have left? Some seem to feel the need to rain on others' parades when they don't even care about the parade.
Maggy Hazelnut
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:44 pm

I did notice one thing, and Sacha and I have been talking about this a lot lately.

I enjoyed the forums when I was on my Gor break, but when I went back to Gor, the forums often pissed me off.

So I left the forums for a while, and guess what? I loved Gor again, I had fun, I didn't worry about some of the petty stuff I'd read here. It was like a different Gor to me. The things we read about femlaws and onlinisms and boothumping slaves and parapost one line lifestyle weren't there. They weren't part of my RP experiences at all. I just.. had fun.

Now I'm back to doing both again and... yah... I think I'll have to chose one or the other.
Play it or talk about it, it seems for me, one seems to ruin the other.
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 pm

I like talking to the folks here so I'm going to stay. Still got my enthusiasm, for right now, I was a way for a long time.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Blue Conover

Postby Blue Conover » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Maggy Hazelnut wrote:I am one of the fulltime SL Gor players altho I do venture out and do other things sometimes. I have to say that I'm surprised at how many regular posters on the Gorums aren't even in Gor anymore & haven't been for quite some time. Also almost everyone that I talk with in Gor either doesn't come to these forums or they don't even know about them. I can understand RL taking someone away from SL either temporarily or permanently but I'm curious as to why so many that haven't played for a long time or don't even like SL Gor anymore still post here a LOT. I know there are plenty of forums for those that prefer WoW or L4D or other games so why keep trying to have so much influence posting here with advice & opinions? Some of the biggest posters don't seem to even like Gor anymore. Is it the big fish in the little pond syndrome? Why not move on if you don't enjoy SL Gor? In the past I played EQ1, EQ2, DAoC, SWG, WoW, Warhammer, Vanguard & more - there's not a single one of those forums that I go back to & post on.

I like Gor.

I don't like Sl Gor. It's too much Not like gor, people calling it gor.

End of.
Maggy Hazelnut

Postby Maggy Hazelnut » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Good point there Blue. But then this is a forum for SL Gor so perhaps we try to either make it a better place to be in or move on to something else that as individuals we DO enjoy. Again, why do some hang around in a place that they don't enjoy or participate in?
Maggy Hazelnut
Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Postby Crack and Thump » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:18 pm

I am active and log off without stress or ill feelings.
Carter
SL Name: ***

Postby Carter » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Maggy Hazelnut wrote: But then this is a forum for SL Gor so perhaps we try to either make it a better place to be in or move on to something else that as individuals we DO enjoy. Again, why do some hang around in a place that they don't enjoy or participate in?

this really confuses me too Maggy.. I came here to this forum to learn, seek advice on aspects of RP in SL. I now see a lot of the main posters and those with the most aggressive, abusive, negative comments don't actually RP in SL GOR.

I tend to use http://www.gor-sl.com/ mostly.. but it can be focussed on the RP and activity in my own sim, so this is a counter balance to open up my appreciation of themes/issues which I can do something about.. not just bland discussion for the sake of seeing my post count go up.

I have learned to use the foe option so i dont see their negativety and it actually helps to maintain a balance and identify those people you can learn from and have an objective discussion.

They left for a SL GOR reason.. perhaps they got bored who knows.. but generally they dont add much to the debate and i do wonder what sense of enjoyment, interest, value they get from this forum when they dont actually practice what the preach.
Maggy Hazelnut

Postby Maggy Hazelnut » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Very well put Carter. My practice is not to foe anyone but it is a thought. It might help me keep what little sanity I have left. *laughs* Perhaps it is time to look at other Gorean forums where people actually play SL Gor and have a more open and optimistic attitude. Maybe these forums should be left to the non-players & the narrow "para-RP, only will RP with certain people, don't want to know you as a person, leave me the fuck alone" crowd.
Maggy Hazelnut

Return to “General RP Discussions”