How active are you in Gorean RP these days?

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.

Full time: I’m still active, my online time hasn’t changed much and I spend most of that in Gor.
14%
Full time: I’m still active, my online time hasn’t changed much and I spend most of that in Gor.
14%
Part time: I’m online regularly, the same amount as usual, but less than half of that time is in Gor.
9%
Part time: I’m online regularly, the same amount as usual, but less than half of that time is in Gor.
9%
Part time: My SL time has been significantly reduced or limited, but when I am online I am in Gor.
9%
Part time: My SL time has been significantly reduced or limited, but when I am online I am in Gor.
9%
Inactive: I’m no longer roleplay in Gor as my SL time is significantly reduced.
3%
3%
Inactive: My online time is about the same, but I’m no longer in Gor as I found other things to do.
11%
Inactive: My online time is about the same, but I’m no longer in Gor as I found other things to do.
11%
Other: Just because every poll should have an other.
4%
Other: Just because every poll should have an other.
4%

Total votes: 162
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:17 pm

An informal unscientific poll based on my own curiosity. Many people I know are now inactive or only part time in Gor, either because their SL time is reduced, or they are doing something else.

Three general categories, full time, part time, and inactive.

There are no hard rules to how many hours are full time vs. how many hours are part time. Just compare your activity level to where you were 6 months ago, or a year ago, or compared to others you know.

For this poll, let's not count time spent at the hub as Gorean RP. Nothing wrong with the hub, but I'm curious about on the ground on sim roleplay activity.

Edit to add - well shit - I put this in the wrong "General" after Dream warned of that and everything.
Just pretend this is in Non Gor general instead of Lifestyle general ok?
Resolver Bouchard

Re: How active are you in Gorean RP these days?

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Haven't been active in Gor for about a year, combat fix from WoW and I got bored of all the arguing and drama. My partner was playing in a Gor Evolved sim more recently but I didn't join her, not because it was Gor Evolved but timezone differences mainly.

I like it in theory but I don't think its executed very well in SL.
NoneSpecified

Postby NoneSpecified » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Been inactive in SL Gor for almost 5 months and no plans to go back. Too little time in RL for 8 hour marathon SL sessions plus the overabundance of OOC drama is too much of a pain for too little good RP in return.

As a Killer, even though I went to extraordinary lengths to keep things fair and follow the BC and sim rules, virtually every contract kill I did was fraught with OOC BS. People always took it way too personally. Either that, or they blamed me for killing them instead of the person that hired me. I had a bounty hunter come after me once, which was interesting considering the person that hired him was already dead. The last kill I did I ended up having to get someone estate banned and muted him because he lost his mind OOCly and started making crazy threats.

I think SL Gor needs a makeover big time. Just saying.
Neekoh

Postby Neekoh » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm still online because I work at a computer and online. But I hardly visit SL anymore.
I still have rp pending (there are some people I'd love to have some rp with at least once and I hope it does happen), so I can't say I'm entirely retired from rp, because from time to time I fancy it, then i go and do it. But it's like an eventual thing.

But to be honest, the only rp I really miss is the one I have with Harlequin.
Kissie
SL Name: No longer here.

Postby Kissie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Other: My actual "paying attention to sl actively" time has been significantly reduced and I split what time I do have between Everwind rp and Gor rp. I'm still online a lot, mostly for ims with friends and so on, but I'm usually doing something else while online so I'm not comfy rping. (Aka homework)
This account is no longer in use.
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:28 pm

I am working my way back in, but I still put a lot of time into the Cottages.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Dren Bernard
SL Name: Dren Bernard
Caste: Physician's
Role: On sabatical
Home Stone: Salernum

Postby Dren Bernard » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Well I am, when my 45+ hours working week allows...
Dren & Kait's Gorean Physician's resource:
http://teslikandsiproot.webs.com/

Postby ... » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Kissie wrote:Other: My actual "paying attention to sl actively" time has been significantly reduced and I split what time I do have between Everwind rp and Gor rp.

This! But I'm in the middle of the end of year assignment/study drive that plagues so many students, so I'm kinda absent at the moment.
Kissie
SL Name: No longer here.

Postby Kissie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Oor wrote:
Kissie wrote:Other: My actual "paying attention to sl actively" time has been significantly reduced and I split what time I do have between Everwind rp and Gor rp.

This! But I'm in the middle of the end of year assignment/study drive that plagues so many students, so I'm kinda absent at the moment.

At least I'm not the only one...Oh my god please kill me. -head implodes-
This account is no longer in use.

Postby ... » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Kissie wrote:
Oor wrote:

At least I'm not the only one...Oh my god please kill me. -head implodes-

Indeed, but just look forward to next year. when this year will feel like a walk in the park and you'll long for those golden days of old.

It's double whammy for me, too. RIGHT in the middle of my biggest/most stressful work drive to date, my cat, to whom I was rather attached, decided to go and get run over and killed. I spent 2 days with puffy eyes and a foggy head, and I'm on permanent catch up. Wish me luck!

Good luck Kissie. I'm sure you'll do great! :lips:

Return to “General RP Discussions”