What type of SL Gorean are you?

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.

What type of SL Gorean are you?

Gor Gamer
1%
Sex Player
2%
RP Storyliner
8%
RP Character
35%
RP Lifestyler
12%
Real Lifestyler
5%
Soul Player
10%
Mix of some of these (I will note which in a post)
26%
Other (I will post a unique personal explanation)
1%

Total votes: 100
Pingping Zhaoying
SL Name: MilMcMillan

Re: What type of SL Gorean are you?

Postby Pingping Zhaoying » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:35 am

unique personal explanation for other : it was fun, but now retired because : people that start to play Gor, nowadays, quickly seem to think that they MUST enforce their views upon others, instead of play a game. Not only about what Gor is, how it should be played, but also about everyday life details. Gor seems to create the need to dominate peers, and SLGoreans will do whatever is within their power to do so.
In an Sl environment that is :
not the range of their sword for the lifestylers
not the rape of your slave for the sexplayers
not the script of their play for the storyliners
nor the enforcing of their thoughts for the soulplayers

We forgot the most important category of Goreans : he/she who came to sl Gor to merely forget and spice their miserable life, and use the tools of a MMORPG, to make themselves feel good.
Last edited by Pingping Zhaoying on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:37 am

Pingping Zhaoying wrote:people that ... play Gor ... seem to think that they MUST enforce their views upon others, instead of play a game.

Holy crap, someone observant.
Conversation is more useful than conversion.
Pelopidas
SL Name: Dion Diavolo

Postby Pelopidas » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:58 am

The one who got away.
Kail Eyre
SL Name: Kail Eyre
Caste: Red
Role: Warrior
Home Stone: Tyros

Postby Kail Eyre » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:46 am

I have a go with the flow, laissez-faire and whatever floats your boat kind of attitude in SL and also SL Gor. If it gets to weird for me, I just will RP myself to the exit.
Adelaide Naimarc
SL Name: Adelaide Naimarc
Caste: Merchant/Slaver
Role: Free Woman & Slaver
Home Stone: Imperial Ar

Postby Adelaide Naimarc » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:14 am

Gotta say between, Roleplay Character + and a few others up there. I am a hodge podge. Sometimes I distance myself from my character(or try to). Other times she's a part of me a little bit. I guess I'll just copy-paste my profile 'pick' on what I'd written.

"To Roleplay is 'pretend', but perhaps its not quite an accurate statement for me. When I 'play' my characters, they become a part of me. Their lives and stories, triumphs and perils. They exist, even if its only when I sit down at my computer.
--Please Respect this--- "

Yeah so I kind of flip flop. Roleplay is roleplay, and yet occasionally I do think "How would X character have done it". Or how would I have done it.
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Postby Torrid Streeter » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 am

Adelaide Naimarc wrote:Gotta say between, Roleplay Character + and a few others up there. I am a hodge podge. Sometimes I distance myself from my character(or try to). Other times she's a part of me a little bit. I guess I'll just copy-paste my profile 'pick' on what I'd written.

"To Roleplay is 'pretend', but perhaps its not quite an accurate statement for me. When I 'play' my characters, they become a part of me. Their lives and stories, triumphs and perils. They exist, even if its only when I sit down at my computer.

Yeah so I kind of flip flop. Roleplay is roleplay, and yet occasionally I do think "How would X character have done it". Or how would I have done it.

I agree with you 100% thats me........... I am a mixture of a few of these. I am a RPer with storylines going. Now I go wherever the story takes me and whatever happens happens.
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Scott Gaffer
SL Name: Scott123 Gaffer
Caste: Scarlet
Role: Weapon of Mass Destruction
Home Stone: Carn

Postby Scott Gaffer » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Torrid Streeter wrote:
Adelaide Naimarc wrote:Gotta say between, Roleplay Character + and a few others up there. I am a hodge podge. Sometimes I distance myself from my character(or try to). Other times she's a part of me a little bit. I guess I'll just copy-paste my profile 'pick' on what I'd written.

I agree with you 100% thats me........... I am a mixture of a few of these. I am a RPer with storylines going. Now I go wherever the story takes me and whatever happens happens.

Add me to the list, with the addition that I will most definitely take the person behind the keyboard into account in certain dramatic events. I will IM that other person to make sure they are ok with what vile or dastardly deed I am going to do to them... :grind: (Well, the women, that is...Haven't planned on doing anything vile or nasty to men... Ewww, gross-buckets! :sick: :fleeflee:

And so help me, I LOVE these new emoticons... Can we get the Anime Grind back?
Honor and Steel!

Scott
Bella Sloane
SL Name: Bella Sloane
Caste: Merchant
Role: Perfumer
Home Stone: Imperial Ar

Postby Bella Sloane » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Pingping Zhaoying wrote:unique personal explanation for other : it was fun, but now retired because : people that start to play Gor, nowadays, quickly seem to think that they MUST enforce their views upon others, instead of play a game. Not only about what Gor is, how it should be played, but also about everyday life details. Gor seems to create the need to dominate peers, and SLGoreans will do whatever is within their power to do so.
In an Sl environment that is :
not the range of their sword for the lifestylers
not the rape of your slave for the sexplayers
not the script of their play for the storyliners
nor the enforcing of their thoughts for the soulplayers

We forgot the most important category of Goreans : he/she who came to sl Gor to merely forget and spice their miserable life, and use the tools of a MMORPG, to make themselves feel good.

Sounds an awful lot like RP Character to me. Image
Adam Zadeh
SL Name: Adam Zadeh
Caste: Vinter
Role: Winemaker and Merchant
Home Stone: Port Kar

Postby Adam Zadeh » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:51 am

RP Lifestylers = People who embody their avatars with their own RL personalities who react very personally to the immersive SL Gor environment within the cultural expectations of the fictional world of Gor and develop emotionally invested and intimate interpersonal relationships that may or may not be the same nor extend to the alternative social structure outside of SL.

Real Lifestylers = People who embody their avatars with their own RL personalities who react very personally to the immersive SL Gor environment with RL expectations guided by the principals of Gorean philosophies, who may already have and/or wish to develop emotionally invested and intimate interpersonal relationships that extend beyond SL into their own similar RL social structure

When I first started playing, I thought I was just playing a charater however my personality started coming through more and more. While I had read about Gor long ago and understood much of it, I never considered myself "Gorean."

Then something happened. I started to bring Gor into my Real Life, so much so that I'm now considering a real life Gorean style relationship with someone. So I am moving more towards the RP and RL dynamic.

Anyone else experience a shift in their way of looking at the (real) world?
http://goreanwines.blogspot.com/ - A blog about more than Gorean wine.

http://2smallerwheels.blogspot.com/ - My scooter blog!

Vita sine litteris mors ('Life without learning [is] death')
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:04 pm

40 percent of the tiem Im a roleplay character, 35 percent of the time Im a roleplay storyliner, and then 25 percent of the tiem I do enjoy the gaming aspect to it as long as theirs heavy rp coupled to it Im happy.
Hockey Stick!

Return to “General RP Discussions”