Gorean RP Sim.

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Gorean RP Sim.

Postby Sasi » Tue May 22, 2018 11:05 pm

amorean wrote:thank you sasi! appreciate the diplomacy. we are new to the Gorean Forums site therefore we assumed most here are Gorean or interested in learning more about Gor.

~~diamond

We are role-players on this forum and most of us know Gor very well, have role-played in this environment for years, have read the books (personally, I read all 34 books of this series) and some even ran Gorean RP sims. We know Gor enough to realize that you are actually proposing a free adaptation of Norman's books. I'm sure that could be fun as well but I don't see what we could learn about Gor via this game you introduced. You added elements which don't belong to the universe imagined by Norman (we could of course, point out that this author's imagination, sucks in many ways...)

As Leah told you on another thread, we don't identify ourselves as Gorean because we are role players. When I play an elf in a Fantasy themed role-play environment, I don't identify myself as an elf. Same when I play my favorite char, who is a faun. I won't introduce myself in saying "I'm a faun"). Why would it be different when I play one of my Gorean characters, FW or kajira? They are only fictive characters. When my RP scene ended, I'm only who I am in RL.
amorean
SL Name: diamond resident
AkA: diamond

Postby amorean » Wed May 23, 2018 12:04 am

That is great Sasi! Sounds like you know your stuff!

Again, we welcome any that would like to experience Gorean R/p through an MMO world *smiles*

https://www.archeagegame.com/en/play-now/

~~~diamond
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Wed May 23, 2018 6:15 am

Ominiphis wrote:It has more to offer then most other realms out there. Some of which are private housing zones with large enough space to build full homestones as we have done, as well as hostile actions such as raids and trade journeys fully built into the game.

Tal Ominiphis. Are there rival Gorean groups in the world for you to raid?
How intense is your roleplaying on an average day, e.g. does your guild RP their way through a PvE instance.

I have a friend who plays Guild Wars 2, who claims their roleplaying scene is superior to Second Life. These MMOs were too cartoony for me to stick with, but I don't doubt they must have their RP'ing moments.
Ominiphis
SL Name: Ominiphis
Caste: Black
Role: Ubar
Home Stone: Da Thasse Falls

Postby Ominiphis » Thu May 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Well, the server we have moved too to start this is pretty open. It just a few people at the moment and yes we do full rp through pvp and pve events. This game is not cartoony at all in any way. It is very very in depth. Things needed to craft things can take a VERY long time. There is the option to have same faction vs same faction called purpleing. As well if you purple on your own faction enough you do become a pirate. As my little one has stated. This game everything an rper can wish for.
Ominiphis

Postby Ominiphis » Thu May 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Tantus wrote:
Ominiphis wrote:It has more to offer then most other realms out there. Some of which are private housing zones with large enough space to build full homestones as we have done, as well as hostile actions such as raids and trade journeys fully built into the game.

Tal Ominiphis. Are there rival Gorean groups in the world for you to raid?
How intense is your roleplaying on an average day, e.g. does your guild RP their way through a PvE instance.

I have a friend who plays Guild Wars 2, who claims their roleplaying scene is superior to Second Life. These MMOs were too cartoony for me to stick with, but I don't doubt they must have their RP'ing moments.

To awnser your question though. No there are no rival gorean groups havent found any gorean rpers that play this game hence why we are here. However the game is set up to where one can come in and be hostile.
Ominiphis

Postby Ominiphis » Thu May 24, 2018 2:24 pm

To give everyone an idea of how in depth this game is. People create what is called Player nations. They own territories build full size castles with walls. Have 50 vs 50 castle raids that the other group can claim the castle if they win. Packs get stolen all the time. Sport fishing looks real. Water looks real. There is mostly unsafe zones athough there are few zones where no pvp can take place unless a dominion is called. A dominion is when one guild specificaly pvp another guild in any area on the game. It is usualy done to take packs in safe zones. Trading systems is the way to make gold in this game. Gathering supplies making the pack and taking it to be sold. The journey can be dangerous and you can be killed by ANYONE along the way. Even your own faction. The water is open and full of dangers. No raid instances for bosses. Bosses get contested by opposing factions or same faction if you piss them off enough. Few bosses are in safe zones none that are fully end game. No loading screens except when you do a dungeon or teleport to another zone. There is ONE instance raid and it isnt very long. ALL end game is in open world and has to be fought for and claimed.

Just a quick run down of what Archeage has to offer and these are not including houses.
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Thu May 24, 2018 4:43 pm

West Nuians, magic, castles and dungeons... Why do you call this environment "Gor", finally? I googled "Archeage" and it's definitely a medieval fantasy environment with its own races...

How is it better than Second Life for a Gorean themed role-play?
Ominiphis

Postby Ominiphis » Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 am

Idk how about same faction wars and its a sandbox so i guess you will have to do a bit of roleplaying maybe play with people who do rp. I started out in RP chatrooms so looking past what a game has in it that is not gorean isnt my thing.
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Postby Qingwen » Fri May 25, 2018 3:54 am

Ominiphis, You might like to check out Conan Exiles. There are mods that are spot on for Gorean RP, and the environment is a better match for the genre. The wildlife isn't Gorean but who doesn't like to battle a giant spider now and then? :D
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 am

Ominiphis wrote:Idk how about same faction wars and its a sandbox so i guess you will have to do a bit of roleplaying maybe play with people who do rp. I started out in RP chatrooms so looking past what a game has in it that is not gorean isnt my thing.

You said things like this:
"We wish to bring the gorean rp here"
"If you want to join in some fun Gorean RP please come and join."
" the rp rules will be gorean"

Ok, but Archeage is not at all a Gorean themed environment. Yourself made clear that you used non Gorean elements.

So, my question is: Why would we join Archeage instead of staying in Second Life, when we had dozen of Gor themed sims, where entire cities, town, villages etc, are built, may interact with each other, not to mention hundreds of players with thousands of possibilities to customize our avatars...?

Did you try Second Life?

Return to “General RP Discussions”