Tiptoes feet

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Tiptoes feet

Postby Sasi » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:15 pm

I read this in the sim rules of a new sim and I was... Wtf....:

"Slaves walking on tip toes will be taken to the Healers to have their feet broken and reset, so that they can walk correctly."

Definitely, for many people in SL Gor, this world of fantasy, the tiptoes feet are still a very big issue.

So, it's not correct for a slave player to choose this kind of feet for her avatar (not to mention there are a lot of nice adornments, even sandals, now, on the market for tip toes feet).

- But in SL Gor, it's ok to accept slave girls with unrealistic shapes (those which make you wonder if the girl didn't abuse with silicon injections in her breasts, butt, hips and thighs).
- It's ok for men avatars to be all covered with tattoos, even modern ones.
- It's ok for men avatars to have modern piercings.
- Your weapons which magically stick to your hip or your back with no strap are certainly more realistic than a slave girl with tiptoes feet.
- Your character's snowflake background is perfectly acceptable as well. It's your 10th home stone, the 5th caste you join, maybe do you play a slave girl with some nice skills (like very strong of smell that would make a sleen look useless) or you're the umpteenth mamba who is scribe or slaver or physician in a high city but it's ok, you're so creative.
- Unrealistic eyes are ok too, enjoy your snake ones or red ones. They make you look terrific (and even more creative). Women love terrific bad guys.

Etc etc....

Seriously, I think there are more problematic issues in SL Gor when it comes to our avatars appearance and Gorean characters, than the tiptoes feet...

*Puts her tiptoes feet, just because*
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: Tiptoes feet

Postby Tantus » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:38 am

I remember women who really hated tiptoed feet! It's a non-issue to me, but the rage is real on this one.

It's like the monthly argument of 'when should a slave kneel'. The easiest answer is when they're instructed to, but rather than roleplay this people take it to group chats and leave the sim in a huff. Tiptoeing is an IC event too, if instructed to be like a ballerina that's between the slave and owner.

Recently I learned FC-divorces are a thing in BTB now, just take your dissolution papers to a magistrate and end that contract by mutual agreement. I'm only baffled that my proposals for prostitution contracts caused great offence to FW, companionships are just that now.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Tantus wrote:I remember women who really hated tiptoed feet! It's a non-issue to me, but the rage is real on this one.

It's like the monthly argument of 'when should a slave kneel'. The easiest answer is when they're instructed to, but rather than roleplay this people take it to group chats and leave the sim in a huff. Tiptoeing is an IC event too, if instructed to be like a ballerina that's between the slave and owner.

Recently I learned FC-divorces are a thing in BTB now, just take your dissolution papers to a magistrate and end that contract by mutual agreement. I'm only baffled that my proposals for prostitution contracts caused great offence to FW, companionships are just that now.

I totally hate tiptoe feet but I don't really care if someone wears them.

By the by, I thought Companionships only lasted a year anyway? o_O
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:39 am

I met a mamba slaver, with non human eyes... Tiptoes feet are unacceptable, but that BS of mamba outside the jungles, working as a slaver, with unrealistic eyes, is perfectly ok...

And prostitution is a book thing, for FW.. But it must be extremely rare, to end a FCship before its one year term...
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:26 pm

I love Sasi but I will always dislike her choice to wear the tippy toes, LOL.

But there should be nothing in the rules about forcing a player to go through a medical process ICly to get rid of the feet. Especially if the player is a Barbarian character who wore heels a lot on earth - so much so that she could have shortened her Achilles tendon causing her to walk on her tiptoes. This really DOES happen.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Fortunes Cookie
SL Name: MingMing Charisma

Postby Fortunes Cookie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:24 pm

I am not super invested either way, but given that a LOT of creators now only make compatible footwear (sandals, slippers, etc) for mid or high arched feet, because the market demand is for that, if I saw a Free giving a slave shit over having arched feet while wearing slave footwear, I'd be thinking "You going to pony up some fucking Lindens to buy that player replacement shoes? If not, then STFU!"

Seriously, it's as much a market issue as it is a player issue, and it's all OOC. Granted most slaves shouldn't be canonically running around in footwear in the Southern cities anyhow, but if an owner/master allows it, they're the final word on shit like this, not the Mrs. Grundy's of the Gorean community.

People need to keep their noses in their own business. Otherwise I am going to start getting in people's IM's and start giving them shit over how they're misusing Pani clothing, weapons, names, and other assets; and don't even get me started on the fetish-collaring of Pani FW into slaves on nearly every Southern sim...
BlueConover
SL Name: Blue Conover
Caste: Red
Home Stone: Torcadino
AkA: Blue Conover

Postby BlueConover » Mon May 28, 2018 11:45 am

It's like Ao's SL is a visual world to me, so if i see an avatar doing something visually i roleplay it.
The moment i do i regularly get blasted in ims about it or told what the fuck am i talking about AO's are ooc.

^_^

shrugs-
He Lives....
Happiness is like Orgasms... The More you think about it.. The less you get...
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon May 28, 2018 2:04 pm

BlueConover wrote:It's like Ao's SL is a visual world to me, so if i see an avatar doing something visually i roleplay it.
The moment i do i regularly get blasted in ims about it or told what the fuck am i talking about AO's are ooc.

^_^

shrugs-

And when you see a warrior wearing his sword or bow with no strap, like magically stuck to his body, you roleplay this oddity, too?
When in combat you see guys hit with many arrows but still running, do you roleplay this other oddity, as well?

And do you RP what you don't see? If a slave serves serve your char a drink, without her avatar wearing a prim glass do you RP you see nothing?

Speak about coherence...
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm

I've decided it's now part of my Builder's backstory that he invented electromagnets for Warriors to stick weapons on.
So it is written, so it shall be. The Cadence Strapless Weapon Connection System.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.

Return to “General RP Discussions”