Gor? Where are you? Tal? Anyone home?

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Fortunes Cookie
SL Name: MingMing Charisma

Re: Gor? Where are you? Tal? Anyone home?

Postby Fortunes Cookie » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Just double-checking for others who play ESO again...

I'm on NA PC, @whitenoisemaker

I've also got an adult themed RP guild that is available for RP if people are interested, it was more Imperial (Roman) based, but I am thinking of sneaking it over to more Gorean themes if there's folks from here on ESO that would like to gather...?
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:22 pm

Fortunes Cookie wrote:Just double-checking for others who play ESO again...

I'm on NA PC, @whitenoisemaker

I've also got an adult themed RP guild that is available for RP if people are interested, it was more Imperial (Roman) based, but I am thinking of sneaking it over to more Gorean themes if there's folks from here on ESO that would like to gather...?

I added you!
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:13 am

Valkyrie is still here, nearly a decade old now and going strong. Valkyrie Forest, home of the Valkyrie Torva is still a busy and high traffic sim, robust and getting lots of roleplay! Just checking in to say hi and let you know we're in good health! Yes, there's someone home! Sasi, nous sommes forts. Être bien dans sa peau... j'étais une princesse française! Réincarnation ... oui, oui! wink, wink ;) Some recent and random pictures from the Valkyrie here:

Valkyrie Campfire Meeting

Valkyrie Campfire meeting at dusk

Valkyrie Raven Sentries Camp Valkyrie in Valkyrie Forest

Valkyrie Sentries standing guard over Valkyrie Forest

Valkyrie Chieftess Danika center with Valkyrie Tor Eva left and Valkyrie Raven fighter right Camp Valkyrie

Valkyrie Panther sitting in Camp Valkyrie in Valkyrie Forest

Valkyrie Panther in Camp Valkyrie

En Danika with Se Niobe discussion in hut at Camp Valkyrie

Se and En private discussion in Valkyrie hut

Valkyrie En Danika with Se Niobe - yes, we all live comfortably in well appointed huts and everyone is happy

The secret to our success, the long life of the Valkyrie and our sim Valkyrie Forest is community, family, social interaction, fun, roleplay!
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 pm

The secret of your success: Come play a panther girl with your particular sense of fashion, pink hair or your manga/hantai outfit:

Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:52 am

C'est n'importe quoi! Du coup Sasi... Quand même! You are the anointed fashion queen now? Howz your sim working out? The Se Niobe deliberately dyes her hair that color and who is to say the berries and fruits of the forest can't be used to color her hair to please her desires? Who are we to say? Is there an unspoken fashion manual holding panthers to strict dress and hair codes that you keep in your possession? And the panther with the manga/hantai outfit is a former pani that came to us and joined with her cultural influences and fashion sense. It's part of her roleplay: https://lunacaleengpanthers.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/about-being-a-pani-of-gor/

Why so serious? The secret to the success of the Valkyrie after nearly a decade and the steady high traffic of Valkyrie Forest is community, family, fun, roleplay. It's the difference between going on a forum and asking what happened to Gor and all those sims, and actually being out there in the trenches of the virtual world with an active group and sim going the distance. The test of time has proven us right. This simple formula can work for anyone. It's the same message I've shared for years. Get out of your own way. Relax. Have fun. I do admit, Valkyrie remapped Gor. We brought more of the Norse culture to Gor with our longships and longhouses in many sims, even panther sims. We're a hybrid group using Gor as a gaming platform. If Gor had one neck, I'd break it. The whole cap, cross, collar, cage, wash, rinse, repeat, is so tiresome. The best kind of roleplay is story building. Complex, subtle, character driven, stories.

Calm down and chill to this beat: https://www.beatport.com/track/which-one-are-you-original-mix/10046462

Or more complete here: Which One Are You?

Really, why so serious?
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Danika Stenvaag wrote: The best kind of roleplay is story building. Complex, subtle, character driven, stories.

[/url]

Sure.. And you can have all that + the fun while still respecting the spirit and the culture of the fictive environment you chose for your role-play. Which you do not.

It requires more work and creative effort, most people in SL Gor tend not to bother.

You don't need to justify the unrealistic character's oddities of your panther girl players, you know. Cuz still, they're not plausible. But, if you have fun with your very free interpretation (s'cuse, remappage) of Gor that would make Norman rolls eyes, eh, continue!

But (cough) please... Time and traffic are not synonym of quality. It's as if you argued that McDonald is a fine example of the best gastronomy because it's a very successful business and exists since dozens of years.

And why so serious? Honey, if I were serious, I would have just ignored your post... But I couldn't resist.... :mrgreen:
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Danika Stenvaag wrote:This simple formula can work for anyone.

I may be sharing some prejudice here, Valkyrie forest and the connected sims are pretty much populated by manthers. Not even the hot sort of manther you could pretend you were ignorant about whilst holding her in captivity. These are the sort of manthers, where I don't know if they're trolling or what's the theme on these sims that I'm missing. It's like the Monty Python continent of Gor.

These sims serve a niche, guys who want to play lesbian-tribeswomen online. Fine. But it's not comparable to regular Gorean sims, where traffic decides how popular you become, but also how quickly the locusts land on your sim and eat it into the ground.
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:28 am

Tantus wrote:But it's not comparable to regular Gorean sims, where traffic decides how popular you become, but also how quickly the locusts land on your sim and eat it into the ground.

Locusts. Woah. That's hard core.
Fortunes Cookie
SL Name: MingMing Charisma

Postby Fortunes Cookie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 am

I'll vouch for how Tantus described them. That term has been used by many sim owners and officers over years of observation... the same names, the same avatar looks on alts, the same Picks, there's a solid core of Goreans that are "The Gorean Locusts". They come to a sim that opens, stay for a few weeks to a few months, then leap to the next big thing, usually describing their jumping ship due to leadership issues, personality differences, or just generic 'drama'. Anyone with an open set of eyes can easily see these people, and so I won't name names, they exist and it doesn't take much to notice who they are. Unfortunately they also promote the perception that traffic drives sim success, so that contributes to a sim staying afloat or not, cause no one wants to pay for a sim that doesn't get noticed and played at. But when the reliable indicator is based on a roving band with no loyalties or attention span, this is why we see a regular pattern of Gorean sims opening and closing within months.
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:53 am

I never really worked out who these locusts were.

Usually it's the opposite; sim owners abandoning sims and leaving the RPers there high and dry.

Return to “General RP Discussions”