Gor? Where are you? Tal? Anyone home?

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Gor? Where are you? Tal? Anyone home?

Postby Ceri the Urt » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:22 pm

So, I decided to pop back into Got to take a peek around. I'm having surgery and will have a lot of down time in the near future and thought this could be a good way to pass it, but I couldn't find Any sims! Then I lost the Gor Hub! LOL I was like a blind woman stumbling around New York trying to find the Statue of Liberty out on her island, it was ridiculous. I finally made it back to the Hub, and found out Kar is still active so managed to make my way there for some brief RP, but darn...what the heck happened? Are there ANY sims open anymore? Is Gor actually truly dying? Is there a new genre taking over?
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Gor? Where are you? Tal? Anyone home?

Postby Sasi » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:45 pm

Gor is not dying at all, there are still sims with a more than decent traffic.

Just type BTB in "search", you will get the list of BTB sims, all listed by traffic. Jasmine is top sim, actually. A new Treve and Minus sim is opening too: https://www.treve-and-minus-tnc.com
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:03 am

There's a new (or old and back again) Ar, too but it's run by Cali and I had an altercation with him in the past so won't play there. But glad you asked, Ceri- I'd been wondering what, if any decent Gor rp sims were still around. They're definitely harder to find these days, it seems. I've been playing in Not-Gor for years now, Convergence was a fun sim but it's closing now. Checking out the new Fallout sim, and there's one called Hollow's Edge that a few folks have been talking about...but good to know there's still a few Gor sims worth checking out. Will add them to my list of sims to visit, trying to find a new RP home for Harlequin and I, though dunno if I can get him to play in a Gor sim again. LOL

It does seem like for the last few years the shelf life of the typical RP sim is getting shorter and shorter. I saw several recommended sims open and close within about a month or two of each other this last year.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:19 pm

Well, I found Jasmine before I read this post! One thing I learned...I need a better computer LOL. Holy Lag. RP is not to bad. Some really good players. Its fun getting back into the swing of things.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
eligiblejam
SL Name: Eligiblejam Resident
AkA: Romulus Agrippa

Postby eligiblejam » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:58 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:... Convergence was a fun sim but it's closing now.

I tried to warn them about the potential consequences of rejecting my application, but they wouldn’t listen.
Purist, not elitist.
Qingwen
SL Name: Qin

Postby Qingwen » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:35 am

eligiblejam wrote:

I tried to warn them about the potential consequences of rejecting my application, but they wouldn’t listen.

:lol:
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Qingwen wrote:
eligiblejam wrote:

:lol:

No freaking way! LOL Well, I ended up leaving due to a Faction Leader getting all weird and harrassey OOC a couple of weeks ago, so I wasn't too torn up about the sim closing. There's a large bunch of players wandering around in search of a sim now, though- CV had a LOT of players about to be homeless. I've heard a bunch of them are going to Hollow's Edge, though some are checking out Fallout Evolved.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 am

Ok, visited Jasmine and WOW. Dunno about the RP or the people, but was able to check off the first two boxes:
-rules were common sense, roleplayer oriented (no lifestyler BS stuff that I noticed on first skim, even for the slave characters!)

-the build was amazing!!! Tavern right off the docks, easy to find, and large and well decorated! And there were actually people in it (not just slave characters!) A gorgeous bath house. Nice use of levels. Nice textures. Great use of signs! A slaver's compound with actual kennels, a garden, laundry line, a slave exam/physician's room, etc.- stuff you don't usually see! Cylinders! I was really impressed with this build, not just because it was pretty and well laid out but also because it was build by someone who's actually familiar with the books.

-active, there were over 50 people there at the time (US 9pm slt aprox.) I know, not all sims that have lots of people are good, but it's nice to see plenty of people there vs. not enough, more of a chance to find RP.

So now, all that's left is to toss in a character and hope that my last 2 boxes can get checked off: nice, fun people to roleplay with who know their setting and good staff that enforce the rules without micromanaging their players or playing favorites.

I checked Minus/Treve out and was a little disappointed with the build. The Minus part especially seemed a bit lackluster. I wish them well, though- a build's only 1 part of making a good sim and we could use a few more good RP sims in the Gor setting.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:13 pm

I am not in Gor, and haven't been in a while. I'm mainly in ESO, playing in the Morrowind region.

I get to have my fun slave RP without the crazy OOC. :)
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:35 am

Not in Gor either. ROIAF.

The Brothel in King's Landing could always use more women though, I think, if any of the women need specific RP needs scratched. It's actually a pretty good and underplayed role in my opinion. Potential for politics, spying, etc. Shae's, Chataya's and Ros's are always useful.

Return to “General RP Discussions”