[.: Empire of Ar :.] - Reopening

Caliormega
SL Name: Cali Ormega
AkA: Batenian

[.: Empire of Ar :.] - Reopening

Postby Caliormega » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Hello Role Player
Well, I have some great news for us. I have decided to bring forth "Empire of Ar" again.

More information in coming days.

Contact Cali Ormega for details.
Original Owner of [.: Empire of Ar Series :.]
eligiblejam
SL Name: Eligiblejam Resident
AkA: Romulus Agrippa

Re: [.: Empire of Ar :.] - Reopening

Postby eligiblejam » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:00 pm

This will be Cali’s third Ar sim that I know of. Which might sound strange at first, but we might be onto something here.

One thing I like about Altwrite’s By The Blood format is the fixed 90-day duration (which might be extended if the RP goes strong). This model could be a good way to keep stories fresh, put natural limits to OOC/IC blurring (it’s a short IC sprint, not a long OOC marathon), and keep the setting about characters and their stories without having the community devolve into a social club.

Let’s hope this sparks some much needed energy into SL Gor. The genre is virtually on life support.
Purist, not elitist.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:19 am

eligiblejam wrote:One thing I like about Altwrite’s By The Blood format is the fixed 90-day duration (which might be extended if the RP goes strong). This model could be a good way to keep stories fresh, put natural limits to OOC/IC blurring (it’s a short IC sprint, not a long OOC marathon), and keep the setting about characters and their stories without having the community devolve into a social club.

It's much more reasonable. I couldn't keep up with MMORPGs for the expectations on players to be active every day, it's fine for students, not so practicable later in life. Then SL Roleplaying was fairly flexible, and then it wasn't, being part of a sim is really demanding on your time. So the idea of predefined lifespan with finite characters keeps things in perspective. Will people take more risks and do the unexpected? I don't really know anyone RP'ing there, but should be interesting to see if their participants behave any differently knowing it'll all be over soon.
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 am

Likely will draw people. Can't see why it wouldn't.

Ar always draws people...even if they have opinions one way or another about previous episodes.
Caliormega
SL Name: Cali Ormega
AkA: Batenian

Postby Caliormega » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 am

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I think we are definitely on to something here ;)

Fyi : the website is now up and we are in coming days actively accepting applications. Now will be a good time to start creating a character.

Our focus is very diverse in role play and to bring forth the immerisve nature of Gor rather than the traditional SL role play we have seen in recent years. We are expected to open very soon!!

Most of the build is done and many role players from previous Empire of Ar series are returning.

http://www.empireofar.com

Cali Ormega
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:11 pm

It's unfortunate that Sasi's questions were being censored, I don't even understand why her posts were deleted.

Maybe this one will be too, who knows!

But she asked a valid question on how official roles would be assigned on the sim, and as I understand it, those who joined Ar should have made similar inquiries before committing their time. An apparent lack of transparency contributed towards its closure, which I find a shame. It was another grand build by Eve with plenty of potential there.

Maybe relevant posts shouldn't be censored when they offer the community insights from the past and opportunities for the future.

Return to “Empire of Ar”