RP Terms and Misconceptions

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
User avatar
Leah
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara
Location: Somewhere in Eorzea
Contact:

Re: RP Terms and Misconceptions

Postby Leah » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Qingwen wrote:
Leah wrote:
Qingwen wrote:Yeah SL Gor RP is a mess. Try Conan Exiles - shoot, loot, kidnap, and build with no prim limits.
I'm enjoying it more than is probably healthy :D


Having everything you build have a countdown script is turning the servers into jelly, though. xD


I usually play on a friend's server and he has buildings set as permanent. Official server's worked smooth for me too so far. I think everything set down there is wiped weekly.


My friends ended up getting their own server, and we installed two mods to basically add more RP things and fix certain things on the servers. We put in Age of Calamitous and Pippi's Mod. So much better than the base game. It splits chat into tabs for each channel.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
User avatar
Qingwen
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 am
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Re: RP Terms and Misconceptions

Postby Qingwen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:13 am

Leah wrote:We put in Age of Calamitous and Pippi's Mod. So much better than the base game. It splits chat into tabs for each channel.


Same! hm, are you my neighbour? :hrm:
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
Tantus
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:55 am
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: RP Terms and Misconceptions

Postby Tantus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:33 am

Qingwen wrote:I usually play on a friend's server and he has buildings set as permanent. Official server's worked smooth for me too so far. I think everything set down there is wiped weekly.


How stable are the servers? I had some fun with Life is Feudal, but their private servers go up and down like BTB sims, with all the internal dramas too. And when it closes, you lose everything. The one time we played seriously, I was keeping my medieval-wife in a barn, so she played the stricken role everytime we had visitors until a support group of local women started bringing her gifts. It's the quickest way we found to get horses and armour!

But the grind in LiF is real, once a server closes it's hard to start over.
User avatar
Qingwen
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 am
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Re: RP Terms and Misconceptions

Postby Qingwen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Tantus wrote:
Qingwen wrote:I usually play on a friend's server and he has buildings set as permanent. Official server's worked smooth for me too so far. I think everything set down there is wiped weekly.


How stable are the servers? I had some fun with Life is Feudal, but their private servers go up and down like BTB sims, with all the internal dramas too. And when it closes, you lose everything. The one time we played seriously, I was keeping my medieval-wife in a barn, so she played the stricken role everytime we had visitors until a support group of local women started bringing her gifts. It's the quickest way we found to get horses and armour!

But the grind in LiF is real, once a server closes it's hard to start over.


It's still early access so little changes happen all the time, but in terms of the server being around, yep, will be there for next 6 mos at least assuming the game itself is.

If anyone's interested to check it out, add those 2 mods (Age of Calamitous and Pippi's Mod) and server ID is 216.244.87.253:37915. It's open to public. My character name is Xev, feel free to visit my camp and ogle my dancing girl :D

ps. It's PVE at the moment but server admin plans to add a PVP zone later.
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
User avatar
Qingwen
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 am
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Re: RP Terms and Misconceptions

Postby Qingwen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:39 pm

oh and sorry for the thread hijack.. I probly should have made a new Conan one :P
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
User avatar
Tamar Luminos
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 pm
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Re: RP Terms and Misconceptions

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:47 am

Totes saving that info. Harlequin and I might pop in and say hi one 'o these days. :D
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Leah
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara
Location: Somewhere in Eorzea
Contact:

Re: RP Terms and Misconceptions

Postby Leah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:29 pm

Qingwen wrote:
Leah wrote:We put in Age of Calamitous and Pippi's Mod. So much better than the base game. It splits chat into tabs for each channel.


Same! hm, are you my neighbour? :hrm:


I don't think so! I'm playing with some friends from ESO. :) 5.62.121.193:27015 is the Server info. It's open to the public, as well! We're not entirely set for RP, still building locales at the moment.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Return to “General RP Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron