RP Terms and Misconceptions

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Re: RP Terms and Misconceptions

Postby Qingwen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:03 am

Tantus wrote:Given that she was a triple-paragraph roleplayer, from SL's society of good roleplaying.

That is not good roleplaying. It's fanfiction that is only of interest to the person writing it.
Especially if the word 'orbs' appears somewhere in those paras.

Adlai wrote:I'm with you, the future looks bleak. I've moved on to another genre.

same.. when I can find any not having admin squabbles and closing down :P
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
Adlai
SL Name: adlai.rae

Postby Adlai » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:25 pm

Qingwen wrote:That is not good roleplaying. It's fanfiction that is only of interest to the person writing it.
Especially if the word 'orbs' appears somewhere in those paras.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense." Tom Clancy
Lacey
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

Postby Lacey » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:30 pm

I cannot find a replacement and cannot find happiness with what Gor I am able to muster up. I hardly login anymore. I sort of figure I would have fun in game of thrones but I have read none of the books nor watched any of the shows. I also doubt I can have HBO and internet right now in my budget. Oh well.

I don't even think it is a thing with people not liking conflict. I think it ends up being a thing that people grow tired of because they simply do not have the numbers to deal with the conflict that goes their way. It gets exhausting after a while of having someone come mess up every single little thing. I had this trouble with a group I had before. Everyone was having fun except we didn't have the men to let us win at least a few. NPCs would fix this but again, such an advanced tool is not for SL Gor. When they are allowed, they lose because "oh my! You cannot have something fake take precedence over a real live person!" I literally just had this discussion in a group. The reason NPCs are bad is because "people abuse them and do what they want with them because their mighty NPC will save them." So there you have it folks. Ban the NPC instead of just banning people who have a sore time losing. Well it was fun while I still thought it was fun. I'll continue trying to find people from time to time because Gor is like that. It sucks you in and then even a year worth of breaking will not even save you.
I should have never cut her hair!

Return to “General RP Discussions”