BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
User avatar
Lacey
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy
Location: South carolina

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby Lacey » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:01 pm

:roll: Even inside of these sims that you guys so call run with a separation of IC and OOC (and supposedly authenticity) end up being some big invasion of that creativity. Whether if it because the ones that cleaned up their avatars are still in the flexi noob mentality complain and you need the numbers or because your friend decided to not like someone or certain people.

Create a family of the same caste with a companion to match it, completely 100% BTB in a sim that promotes politics play and families/groups pitted against each other? :lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck! :lol: :lol: :lol More like get trolled out because "OMG you took over the caste on the sim." Heaven forbid a group of people who like the way each other role plays, bundles together and becomes very active on your sims. Don't even get me started on how rude and far people will go in the Gor RP community to make it absolutely impossible for someone to be able to play second life the way they like to play second life without having to create an ALT to get away from all the trolling. We are supposed to be adults? :wave: "OMG it is a person playing a powerful character that is arrogant." Seriously? You asked for it. Then your sims have less and less traffic as people become more and more sick of it, all the while you are on a forum going :loOsEr: :loOsEr: :loOsEr: !

You go to the gorean campus? It says in their rules that they want people to act gorean there. Sure, I have issue whenever I did not say "Sure you can treat me/yourself as the character in OOC" but you are consenting whenever you go because the rules state so. Same if you go in a role play sim and put an emote out, you are consenting to be role played back. Don't go if you don't want to follow their rules. That is what I do whenever I come across a lifestyler sim. What pisses me off is when they don't state their intentions and try to play it off as a role play sim. No one says you have to acknowledge their certificates or even mention them. People who get offended by your not recognizing should go where they do recognize them anyway. This way styles and happiness is apparent in every situation.

But this? I don't see the point of this topic. We have been over before that these schools could be bad for passing out authentic information. From both popular schools, they are a bit lifestylerish. One used to be pretty good about offering at least good facts but they were so lifestyle, they tried to govern me in groups they didn't even own! Make your own damn Gorean school for summaries of books or something if you think there should be something better or let it go as one of those things that really shouldn't be bothering you so much because it is just an overrated chat room game anyway. There used to be a time whenever you posted role play on the forums, you removed names as well. This is just pure out flaming from grown adults who already knew they wouldn't want to come play on this particular sim anyway.

You guys want a sim that is 100% your way authentic with the principles you preach on these pages? Practice what you preach. Quality over quantity. Homesteads have a bigger prim allowance. Take your friends and go play some authentic stuff on them, take risks on them, and don't troll one another with petty whining crybaby stuff. In the end though, these people were off playing however they wanted to play and had a good time (or didn't) and the snickering childish.
I should have never cut her hair!
Tantus
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:55 am
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby Tantus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:47 pm

I understand what you're saying, Lacey, everyone has their own standards in Gor. But this is about standards at the most basic level and the responsibility on those who teach others.

If I walked into a crowd and posted this as my roleplay:
/me shouts through the market, "Trump will make Gor Great Again! Everyone make a Twitter account and support The Trump!"

That piece of roleplay is so horribly OOC it will get me ejected, but it's on a level with this:

[16:08] Sherman Easterwood: "You were not struck for such an absurd reason," I said, "You are, after all a free woman, and free women are entitled to insult, and attempt to demean and destroy men. It is one of their freedoms, unless men, of course, should decide to take it from them. You were struck rather, because you were attempting to manipulate me." She nodded, putting her head down." ~Page 422 Mercenaries of Gor

The scroll clears states there are limits to what a Free Man will tolerate from a Free Woman.

[16:08] Siri Emerald: You are taking htat out of COntext


It's not about people being lifestylers or alternative RP styles, this is not IC at all. The sim in question is listed as "Gorean roleplay" and "BTB immersive RP" which gives them a minimum standard to uphold. These are not amateur roleplayers having some harmless fun, they've been around for years and they are committed to teaching others scribal roleplay


Courtroom RP is tough, it may be the most difficult roleplay in BTB. I've seen amazing roleplayers being affected by something like stage fright. Because you have arranged a sim-wide event, a whole courtroom of people in attendance, with no rehearsal, no room for error, your IC/OOC reputation as a character and a roleplayer are both on the line. Everyone is under pressure.

So I appreciate BTB trials when they overcome every obstacle in their way and finally begin. In most cases the accused will up and leave the sim(You bastards aren't Gorean! Fuck this city!!). And I've seen trials cancelled because the magistrate couldn't take the pressure, no matter how he rules, he's going to lose friends.

I don't even expect thrilling paragraph-roleplay during a trial, it's better infact to keep it quick and brief to reach a conclusion in 2 hours. Holding a trial together is like hosting a concert, it is the toughest roleplay you could do. And that's why you see so few trials ever happening.
User avatar
Lacey
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy
Location: South carolina

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby Lacey » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:23 am

Tantus wrote:I understand what you're saying, Lacey, everyone has their own standards in Gor. But this is about standards at the most basic level and the responsibility on those who teach others.

If I walked into a crowd and posted this as my roleplay:
/me shouts through the market, "Trump will make Gor Great Again! Everyone make a Twitter account and support The Trump!"

That piece of roleplay is so horribly OOC it will get me ejected, but it's on a level with this:

[16:08] Sherman Easterwood: "You were not struck for such an absurd reason," I said, "You are, after all a free woman, and free women are entitled to insult, and attempt to demean and destroy men. It is one of their freedoms, unless men, of course, should decide to take it from them. You were struck rather, because you were attempting to manipulate me." She nodded, putting her head down." ~Page 422 Mercenaries of Gor

The scroll clears states there are limits to what a Free Man will tolerate from a Free Woman.

[16:08] Siri Emerald: You are taking htat out of COntext


It's not about people being lifestylers or alternative RP styles, this is not IC at all. The sim in question is listed as "Gorean roleplay" and "BTB immersive RP" which gives them a minimum standard to uphold. These are not amateur roleplayers having some harmless fun, they've been around for years and they are committed to teaching others scribal roleplay


Courtroom RP is tough, it may be the most difficult roleplay in BTB. I've seen amazing roleplayers being affected by something like stage fright. Because you have arranged a sim-wide event, a whole courtroom of people in attendance, with no rehearsal, no room for error, your IC/OOC reputation as a character and a roleplayer are both on the line. Everyone is under pressure.

So I appreciate BTB trials when they overcome every obstacle in their way and finally begin. In most cases the accused will up and leave the sim(You bastards aren't Gorean! Fuck this city!!). And I've seen trials cancelled because the magistrate couldn't take the pressure, no matter how he rules, he's going to lose friends.

I don't even expect thrilling paragraph-roleplay during a trial, it's better infact to keep it quick and brief to reach a conclusion in 2 hours. Holding a trial together is like hosting a concert, it is the toughest roleplay you could do. And that's why you see so few trials ever happening.



That is the thing though. We have been over this one hundred and three times. Yes, these "gorean schools" suck for how most of us here want to play but again there is no reason to keep beating the dead horse. Just keep to your own sim/s. All this is, is taunting at this point.

You want something done about it? You gonna poke them and be like "hey, I know you like playing second life like this but it is super duper important that you stop saying you are a teacher for scribes because you are doing it wrong." No? I guess you wouldn't make them anyway. Make your own school or realize it was not that big a thing to begin with. I don't know. Maybe I am getting too old to care.
I should have never cut her hair!
User avatar
DarbyDollinger
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:43 am
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.
Location: Port Kar

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby DarbyDollinger » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:47 am

90% of this forum these days is the same people obsessively beating the same dead horse into the ground.
User avatar
FeorieFrimon
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:51 pm
SL Name: Feorie Frimon
Contact:

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby FeorieFrimon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:54 am

DarbyDollinger wrote:90% of this forum these days is the same people obsessively beating the same dead horse into the ground.


:thumbup:
User avatar
eligiblejam
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:18 pm
SL Name: Eligiblejam Resident
AkA: Romulus Agrippa

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby eligiblejam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:38 pm

I remember the time when people who played slave characters were expected to give sim tours to visitors. Even better was the time when a sim owner was giving me and my RP partner a tour and insisted that my partner, who played a slave, did not speak at all. This would have been good RP if the tour had been done ICly. But he kept using terms like "build", "the books", and "traffic" in his posts. It was surreal at first, then it just became hilarious.

So are you saying we should not highlight instances like the one I just shared? I really think that is sub-standard role play and we, as a role play community, should not be passive about it.

If anything, it is priceless comic relief :lol:
Purist, not elitist.
User avatar
Qingwen
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 am
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby Qingwen » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:27 pm

Tantus wrote:Courtroom RP is tough, it may be the most difficult roleplay in BTB. I've seen amazing roleplayers being affected by something like stage fright. Because you have arranged a sim-wide event, a whole courtroom of people in attendance, with no rehearsal, no room for error, your IC/OOC reputation as a character and a roleplayer are both on the line. Everyone is under pressure.

So I appreciate BTB trials when they overcome every obstacle in their way and finally begin. In most cases the accused will up and leave the sim(You bastards aren't Gorean! Fuck this city!!). And I've seen trials cancelled because the magistrate couldn't take the pressure, no matter how he rules, he's going to lose friends.


I've seen this before too - folks taking this all so personally (to the extent of losing friends over it) because the typist has become enmeshed with the character. In the sample scene, there's apparently real anger and frustration, and a goodly amount of sarcasm. It may be amusing to us outsiders but it doesn't sound like these people are having fun.

This horse ain't dead.. I still see some twitching :teehee:
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
User avatar
Sasi
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am
SL Name: Sasi

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby Sasi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:56 pm

I was looking for the thumb up "like" Facebook style for Tantus, Eligiblejam and Qingwen's posts.... :mrgreen:
Tantus
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:55 am
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby Tantus » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:41 pm

Lacey wrote:That is the thing though. We have been over this one hundred and three times. Yes, these "gorean schools" suck for how most of us here want to play but again there is no reason to keep beating the dead horse. Just keep to your own sim/s. All this is, is taunting at this point.


As has been said, that poor horse has suffered much. Should everyone just follow BTB's decline in silence?

Some years ago the PCoG was hitting weekly scandals with their physician's training. Part of this, was random physicians believing they had immunity in all cities, (I'd seen men having black caste contracts put on them for having randomly downed physicians in raids). Then there was the controversy with the PCoG group responding to emergency calls and dispatching healers towards patients in need.

I personally didn't see an issue with the 911 calls, if a character is injured and there's no physician on sim, you may aswell import one and roleplay around it, than having no RP at all. But it led to instances where PCoG physicians had inadvertently interfered with local scenes.

To Kaiila Mahoney's credit, who is genuinely a helpful person, she reacted to the criticism and steered the PCoG group away from those practices. And those issues around 'Green Caste Immunity' were real! But to my knowledge you no longer hear of it.

Though I have seen the odd "Magistrate of Gor" tag around BTB, and these guys believe they have ambassadorial immunity and authority on any sim they're on!! So you can bury your head and say "Let's not taunt them, that's how they want to roleplay", or you can discuss Caste issues and lead to possible change.


BTB has had some brilliant roleplayers, though many are bored with it now since the excitement has gone, and what was a dangerous land has turned into a dating colony. You will be surprised to discover how many people in BTB are on medication, it's not so difficult to comprehend when you think the sort of people spending a lot of time on SL, probably do have some debilitating health issues. Anyone in the Gorean Family Network groups will have seen notices from terminally ill individuals searching for a partner.

Is BTB Gor the right place to find some comfort for your final months of life? Should intensive Gorean roleplay be retired for the sake of people seeking companionship online. SL Gor isn't a place I would recommend to anyone searching for comfort, but this is where BTB is at in 2017.
User avatar
Lacey
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy
Location: South carolina

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby Lacey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Tantus wrote:
Lacey wrote:That is the thing though. We have been over this one hundred and three times. Yes, these "gorean schools" suck for how most of us here want to play but again there is no reason to keep beating the dead horse. Just keep to your own sim/s. All this is, is taunting at this point.


As has been said, that poor horse has suffered much. Should everyone just follow BTB's decline in silence?

Some years ago the PCoG was hitting weekly scandals with their physician's training. Part of this, was random physicians believing they had immunity in all cities, (I'd seen men having black caste contracts put on them for having randomly downed physicians in raids). Then there was the controversy with the PCoG group responding to emergency calls and dispatching healers towards patients in need.

I personally didn't see an issue with the 911 calls, if a character is injured and there's no physician on sim, you may aswell import one and roleplay around it, than having no RP at all. But it led to instances where PCoG physicians had inadvertently interfered with local scenes.

To Kaiila Mahoney's credit, who is genuinely a helpful person, she reacted to the criticism and steered the PCoG group away from those practices. And those issues around 'Green Caste Immunity' were real! But to my knowledge you no longer hear of it.

Though I have seen the odd "Magistrate of Gor" tag around BTB, and these guys believe they have ambassadorial immunity and authority on any sim they're on!! So you can bury your head and say "Let's not taunt them, that's how they want to roleplay", or you can discuss Caste issues and lead to possible change.


BTB has had some brilliant roleplayers, though many are bored with it now since the excitement has gone, and what was a dangerous land has turned into a dating colony. You will be surprised to discover how many people in BTB are on medication, it's not so difficult to comprehend when you think the sort of people spending a lot of time on SL, probably do have some debilitating health issues. Anyone in the Gorean Family Network groups will have seen notices from terminally ill individuals searching for a partner.

Is BTB Gor the right place to find some comfort for your final months of life? Should intensive Gorean roleplay be retired for the sake of people seeking companionship online. SL Gor isn't a place I would recommend to anyone searching for comfort, but this is where BTB is at in 2017.



Yes. Leave them on their own sims doing their stuff and support your local "not like that" sim. Every time someone makes one, it is either empty or full of a bunch of babies arguing about whether or not others are doing it right and how much better they are than everyone else. Seems like the :loOsEr: attitude cannot be lost even when on a sim with like minded individuals. You are not going to taunt people into role playing the way you think they should. They are not going to remove second life from their computers nor are they going to go play elsewhere; therefore there is no need for the behavior.
I should have never cut her hair!

Return to “General RP Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest