BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby Tantus » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:24 am

This trial was holding no punches.

The defendant is represented by Janette, who trains 90% of BTB's Magistrates and Advocates through her Gorean Campus courses. And there is Sherman, who's highly regarded in BTB's scribal circles. The occasional guidance is provided by Landa's High Magistrate, Isabella.

► Show Spoiler
Sin
SL Name: Sin Schnyder

Re: BTB Legal Roleplay 2017

Postby Sin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Hilarious. These folks are channelling their good wife just a little too much.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:58 pm

If you ask these people, they will tell you that they are BTB, they read the books... I wonder in what of the 34 books, Norman wrote about a trial which is an exact copy of a Earth one, from a West country, especially for such a case...

Not to mention a "magistrate" who is a woman + the slave players ejected from the scene... Lame, deeply lame. These people are not "by the books"...
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Postby Qingwen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:46 am

[14:30] Doc Grun: we were discussing TWIT vs. IDIOT I believe

Whoever this guy is, he made me lol.
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
eligiblejam
SL Name: Eligiblejam Resident
AkA: Romulus Agrippa

Postby eligiblejam » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Tantus wrote:[15:49] Janette (mary1johnson): "One might also note, in passing, that a free woman can be loud, intrusive, forward, unpleasant, ill-tempered, and so on. Such things are her prerogative."

- Smugglers of Gor

Very clever use of book quotes in role play. It must be like the time and space paradox we see in science fiction movies :)
Purist, not elitist.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:40 pm

eligiblejam wrote:
Tantus wrote:[15:49] Janette (mary1johnson): "One might also note, in passing, that a free woman can be loud, intrusive, forward, unpleasant, ill-tempered, and so on. Such things are her prerogative."

- Smugglers of Gor

Very clever use of book quotes in role play. It must be like the time and space paradox we see in science fiction movies :)

It is the ultimate way to play BtB. Proving you are the by the bookiest of all, IN CHARACTER! Sheer awesomeness :)
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Glaucon wrote:
eligiblejam wrote:

- Smugglers of Gor

It is the ultimate way to play BtB. Proving you are the by the bookiest of all, IN CHARACTER! Sheer awesomeness :)

Lol! And sadly, at the end, this whole scene is not even BTB, haha!

But it's a bit scary when you know that this Janette teaches RPers how to play a magistrate (and it's a mistake to think that in Gor, a magistrate always = judge...)
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:40 pm

I've received the Trial's verdict, which also is a summary of the entire case.

► Show Spoiler

What gets to me, is their use of book quotes during the trial.

It wouldn't matter on a random sim, but these people are teaching the recent roleplayers entering into BTB Gor. And it's not only the training, some cities expect their scribes to carry Gorean Campus certificates.

An interesting verdict though, basically saying the victim asked for it. So very Gorean!
Adlai
SL Name: adlai.rae

Postby Adlai » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:49 pm

O.o

BtB are three grouped letters that mean very little to me anymore. It's like asking someone what they thought of a debate, and their response is "Interesting." How? Why? Good or Bad? Who knows!

'BtB' is incredibly vague, and doesn't describe quality of roleplay as a writing style, authenticity for the genre its based in, visual aesthetic for the build you can expect, or even a marker for the type of players you might meet.

It's being used as an adjective for something that has taken on a whole new meaning. Rather than say "I play in a role play genre so authentically true to its lore that it's 'by the books,'" it feels like its come to mean "In this moment I will stop acknowledging my typist and become one with my character, citing quotations without analyzing them for meaning or greater understanding."

Maybe you're not a RL Gorean lifestyler, but you play one in Second Life... :roll:
"The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense." Tom Clancy
Sin
SL Name: Sin Schnyder

Postby Sin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:59 pm

Tantus wrote:
It wouldn't matter on a random sim, but these people are teaching the recent roleplayers entering into BTB Gor. And it's not only the training, some cities expect their scribes to carry Gorean Campus certificates.

It shouldn't matter to any reasonably intelligent roleplayer. They should be able to work out that the training is bs.

Perhaps the certificates do carry some worth though, in that you probably want to avoid roleplayers that have them and cities that require them.

Return to “General RP Discussions”