Scenerio

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Scenerio

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:51 am

There's many many people in BtB who think it's not okay to enslave a woman from another home-stone. I had to go on trial many times over it and they never ruled in my favor. :p

BtB goes quite a bit down the rabbithole too, but yeah in GE ... don't try to RP anything even remotely sensible. I remember getting a lecture once when I was captive in GE: "A true gorean man gently seduces a woman until she willfully submits" Image
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:There's many many people in BtB who think it's not okay to enslave a woman from another home-stone. I had to go on trial many times over it and they never ruled in my favor. :p

BtB goes quite a bit down the rabbithole too, but yeah in GE ... don't try to RP anything even remotely sensible. I remember getting a lecture once when I was captive in GE: "A true gorean man gently seduces a woman until she willfully submits" Image

Yyyyeah...I think this is why I never last long roleplaying in Gor. I read like, a majority of the books, like them, and actually wanted to roleplay in -that- setting, so I am often at a loss when I run into so many basic, ingrained ideas from the books that people get so very wrong in SLRP.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:35 am

Glaucon wrote:So, the short answer is obviously 'yes'.

But enslaving her both IC and OOC... what was he going to do? Trace her in RL? Fly over and 'capture' her in her front lawn? Change the laws to make enslavement legal again? Unless your friend was really called Donald Trump or something, that might be a bit hard to pull off. :D

I agree too, the short answer is 'yes'... in fact, potentially the long answer is 'yes' as well. Doesn't matter what religion you belong to, BtB or GE, you should be aware of possible consequences to your actions. The guy might have been just sending her an im giving her an ooc heads up of where this might lead. So long as he didn't mean enslave ic and ooc, then all is good.

But Glaucon, unless I misunderstood your joke, no need to insult Donald Trump. Most of you know I'm a left wing, liberal (libtard as they call us) feminist. But I say give Donald Trump a chance as president. He won. Get over it. I watched my friends and other liberals set fires and turn over cars in protests, all whiney and going boo-hoo and I felt embarrassed to be a liberal. I face palmed. I'm ashamed to be a registered Democrat and left it and now am just an independent. Trump wants to do business with Putin and Russia, get along with them. That's good. Russia has a lot of nuclear weapons. People don't seem to get it. Hillary Clinton wanted to escalate hostilities with Russia, declare Syria a no fly zone. Who are we to tell Russia or anyone else what to do? Do you realize declaring a no fly zone which her royal highness, Hillary, declared would have led to Russia flying over the no fly zone risking nuclear confrontation and World War 3? Does anyone seem to get it? Who are we to tell Russia they can't have Crimea? It belongs to Russia, and the people there voted to stay with Russia. It was only given to Ukraine so long as they remained with Russia. How would we feel if Russia told the United States, my country, that we can't have Puerto Rico or Hawaii? It's the same thing. The Warsaw Pact is dead, they have no NATO equivalent, but we have a huge NATO military build up on the borders of Russia. Why? To antagonize Russia? And who are we to call the Russian leader a dictator? Putin was voted in. He is not a dictator. Hillary lost not because of Putin and Russia but because of corrupt leaders in the Democratic party who blocked Bernie Sanders who even Trump acknowledges would have won. They lost because of who Hillary really is. Pointing the blame at Putin and Russia is like pointing fingers and accusing the wrong target of being a witch, infidel, heathen, commie, etc. The behavior of the US is aggressive, provocative, and outright bullying. But how did I go so far off track? What's my point? What does any of this have to do with the topic?

Ummm... oh ya, I know why! Because my country behaves provocatively. I would use the Trump approach both with Russia and a city in Gor. I'm not going to taunt or challenge or provoke or antagonize or risk my demise or at the very least, risk getting collared. I'm going to cooperate as a free woman. It's just good, common sense. That shouldn't be too hard to understand. So I guess there really was a point to my political ranting. It's a pretty good comparison.
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Vector
Site Admin
SL Name: Vector

Postby Vector » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Please stay on topic. If you wish to discuss politics please do so in the non-Gor section of the boards. Better still, don't discuss politics at all as nothing good will come off it. Or religion for that matter!

Thanks for your understanding.

V
If you see something broken on these boards send me a PM please.
JackoS
SL Name: Jacko Stawberry

Postby JackoS » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:There's many many people in BtB who think it's not okay to enslave a woman from another home-stone. I had to go on trial many times over it and they never ruled in my favor. :p

Yeah... I gently hammer the collar into place around her neck... that is what i call gently
Sin
SL Name: Sin Schnyder

Postby Sin » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:17 pm

BlueConover wrote:Ok Buddy of mine in GE

A women had been spanking him when ever he was bound and joking with him in ims and kinda doing the whole kid thing of poking him with a stick to get his attention.

He warned her if she kept it up he'd enslave her (both Ic'ly and oocly)

He fed the attention whore. No good ever comes from that. :clap:
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Vector wrote:Please stay on topic. If you wish to discuss politics please do so in the non-Gor section of the boards. Better still, don't discuss politics at all as nothing good will come off it. Or religion for that matter!

A priest, a rabbi and an atheist walk into the Whitehouse. So, the priest says to the... ah... oops! Sorry!
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Glaucon wrote:
Vector wrote:Please stay on topic. If you wish to discuss politics please do so in the non-Gor section of the boards. Better still, don't discuss politics at all as nothing good will come off it. Or religion for that matter!

A priest, a rabbi and an atheist walk into the Whitehouse. So, the priest says to the... ah... oops! Sorry!

A priest, a rabbi and an atheist walk into a bar and ask for directions to the White House. The bartender looks up and says, "Is this some kind of joke?"

Hey now, I was on topic! That long political rant was an allegory about consequences to provocative action. I responded to Glaucon's comment about Trump and then ran with the ball. Jesus told me to do it. Vector, do you have something against Jesus? C'mon, humor me at least. It was a brilliant political metaphor for the game! If you play ball in a place like Ar and cooperate, you have a better chance of not getting collared or even killed. They do kill people in Ar. Especially filthy heathen pagan panthers that don't submit. If you come in as a free woman and provoke a free man and cause trouble, it might not go well for you. Consequences!
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com

Return to “General RP Discussions”