Slave player/character hating

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: Slave player/character hating

Postby Oor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:59 pm

Could be the case. I've only been RPing Gor for about 17 years.

How long did it take you?

:roll:
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:02 pm

I didn't realise that Skerry of Einar had been around that long?
Oor

Postby Oor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:16 pm

I played at Skerry of Einar very briefly, actually, during my brief forray into GE (most of which was spent in a group called Eliv, on a Sim called Deadwind Pass - great fun. Not Gor, but great fun) between playing in Gorean sims before (split hadn't yet happened) and BTB sims after.

Did you think Oor Breen was my first account? :lips:

Before that I was role playing (well not really - more "doing Gor", in the places I frequented) in chat rooms.

Might actually be more like 19 years by now. I'm old, and back then I was illegally young.

But that sort of doesn't answer my question: how long should those of us who are elitist assholes and think our way is the only right way have to wait, until we, like you, can be truly enlightened about the right way?

:D

U funny.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Oor

Postby Oor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:27 pm

Also, iirc, Blue was one of the first people I RP'd with after I made Oor. He taught her to dance in VRO.

:groove:

Flix
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Postby Qingwen » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:51 pm

DarbyDollinger wrote:Most of them will probably mellow out, not just on this issue, but on roleplay in general.

True, I'm relatively new to SL Gor RP and have no idea who are the Gor SLebrities.

But I have roleplayed since before SL, before the internet, before home computers... It's my hobby and I do care about it, and it would be a sad thing to cease caring. Then I might have to actually act my age. :shock:
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
BlueConover
SL Name: Blue Conover
Caste: Red
Home Stone: Torcadino
AkA: Blue Conover

Postby BlueConover » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:18 am

Oor wrote:Also, iirc, Blue was one of the first people I RP'd with after I made Oor. He taught her to dance in VRO.

:groove:

and she gave me some rather amazed ims afterwards explaining she didnt expect me to be able to roleplay :P
He Lives....
Happiness is like Orgasms... The More you think about it.. The less you get...
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:55 am

DarbyDollinger wrote:It's probably not a coincidence that while Glaucon, Blue and I were posting on the gorums and playing in Ur BTB and early BTB, most of the 'but it's the rules!!!' types on here were playing in GE or weren't in Gor at all. Most of them will probably mellow out, not just on this issue, but on roleplay in general. They'll stop being 'jaded' by things that aren't really that important and learn to have a sense of humour about it all. So ultimately this thread is probably apropos of nothing.

I don't think I've seen a post more elitist and pompous than this one in the thread. So much for the argument being against elitism?

And it''s possible to have a sense of humor about role play while also having respect for your fellow role players, by adhering to RP etiquette and respecting the genre you are role playing in. Neither me or Oor are 'elitists' or zealots about any of these things.

You're guilty of your own "Do things my way or I'll get butt hurt and petty about it"-accusation.
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:06 am

Fair enough, Oor. You were that experienced and chillaxed about Gorean role play that you decided to spend some time chillaxing in GE. Can't get more chillaxed than that.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:54 am

Oh, we are competing at being old farts. Now, that is a competition I might win. :thumbup:

I got my 4, 8, 10, 12, 20 and even a 100-sided dice right here. Been RP-ing since before they put the 'A' in AD&D. :pft:

And yes, they called me 'master' back then too. (DM). :groove:
Oor

Postby Oor » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:24 am

:egrin:
DarbyDollinger wrote:Fair enough, Oor. You were that experienced and chillaxed about Gorean role play that you decided to spend some time chillaxing in GE. Can't get more chillaxed than that.

What's the suggestion here? That it's not possible to play in multiple sims without being somehow not chilled?

That's an odd assertion.

Flix

Return to “General RP Discussions”