Slave player/character hating

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: Slave player/character hating

Postby Oor » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 am

Glaucon wrote:Oh, we are competing at being old farts. Now, that is a competition I might win. :thumbup:

I got my 4, 8, 10, 12, 20 and even a 100-sided dice right here. Been RP-ing since before they put the 'A' in AD&D. :pft:

And yes, they called me 'master' back then too. (DM). :groove:

:whiteflag:
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Postby Qingwen » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:42 am

Glaucon wrote:Oh, we are competing at being old farts. Now, that is a competition I might win. :thumbup:

I got my 4, 8, 10, 12, 20 and even a 100-sided dice right here. Been RP-ing since before they put the 'A' in AD&D. :pft:

I don't know what I was thinking. I cede Old Fart title to you uncontested.
Also Nerd Master.

/me hides her D&D miniatures
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:21 pm

DarbyDollinger wrote:In a sense the argument is not about IMs at all. It's about a creeping zealotry that people like Glaucon, Blue and I have noticed, and it's not even just restricted to the issue of OOC/IC. In the past I've been about to post about the creep but I but let it slide because I couldn't be bothered about getting into an argument.

One thing that's interesting about Glaucon, Blue and I is that we've been here since the beginning. Glaucon with his super secret but quite well known account, me as my original assassin av, and Blue as Blue. Back in the day a poster called Sita wrote a semi-jokey post about the different stages a RPer goes through.

The first stage is innocent, completely ignorant joy. You know very little about canon and rules and care even less. Then you discover them and become less innocent and more serious. Eventually the rules and canon become Very Serious Business. The final stage is that you relax again and stop taking everything so seriously.

It's probably not a coincidence that while Glaucon, Blue and I were posting on the gorums and playing in Ur BTB and early BTB, most of the 'but it's the rules!!!' types on here were playing in GE or weren't in Gor at all. Most of them will probably mellow out, not just on this issue, but on roleplay in general. They'll stop being 'jaded' by things that aren't really that important and learn to have a sense of humour about it all. So ultimately this thread is probably apropos of nothing.

Heh, I've been around since City of Laura and Telnus, Port of Cos on this av, and before that, even roleplayed once with Blue himself while a member of Torrid's panther girl band. Before that, I roleplayed in HTML Gor starting in 1998, I think. So far as Old Fart Street Cred, got it in spades. :lol:
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:26 pm

I'll see your dice assortment and raise you a matched set of Chessex Pink w/silver Borealis Polyhedral 7-die set and a recent Christmas present, my new 20-sided ThinkGeek Critital die that lights up when you roll a 20. :lol:

(Started roleplaying D&D back in '82. The basic, blue boxed set. Keep on the Borderlands shit. Been totally in love with roleplaying ever since. lol)

I like how this thread has suddenly turned into "things we have in common". :lips:
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:28 pm

eligiblejam
SL Name: Eligiblejam Resident
AkA: Romulus Agrippa

Postby eligiblejam » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:11 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:... Polyhedral ...

I'd be remiss not to remind people that this is a public forum. Please limit the use of adult-oriented, highly-erotic language to in-world ERP scenes.
Purist, not elitist.
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:32 pm

eligiblejam wrote:
Tamar Luminos wrote:... Polyhedral ...

I'd be remiss not to remind people that this is a public forum. Please limit the use of adult-oriented, highly-erotic language to in-world ERP scenes.

:lol:

Return to “General RP Discussions”