More Prims!

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

More Prims!

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:59 pm

"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Glaucon

Re: More Prims!

Postby Glaucon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:30 pm

They have been effecting this in regions for a while now (last week or something). So, now you can rez that full dinner plate set from 2008, no problem.

If you rent a parcel, you should get more prim allowance too. If not, might be a good idea to ask for it.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:38 pm

Yeah, they rolled it out to mainland and linden homes, today they rolled it out for private estates! :D

Glad to see it, myself and glad they're doing it for free (though with the option to buy in for more in the future). And happy my rental parcel will be gaining some free prims soon (they already let us know, woo!)
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:20 am

My own parcel has been adjusted, I guess it was automatic.
Adlai
SL Name: adlai.rae

Postby Adlai » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:05 am

Glaucon wrote:They have been effecting this in regions for a while now (last week or something). So, now you can rez that full dinner plate set from 2008, no problem.

If you rent a parcel, you should get more prim allowance too. If not, might be a good idea to ask for it.

Okay I literally LOLed :D :D :D :D
"The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense." Tom Clancy
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:01 am

Logged in to see my little plot has some extra prims now! Though not all private rergions were upgraded yesterday.

It's all increasing automatically by 1/3. Estate managers won't need to adjust anything.
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:27 pm

I wondered, though, if the new rental prices won't increase, later... Of course, the estate managers won't be able to change anything to the parcels currently rented, but for the new renters, I wonder....
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:16 am

I don't think it would unless LL raise their tiers.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:48 pm

They made it clear they would not be increasing land prices as a result of this.

In fact, the current CEO has repeatedly said that, in his eyes, it is kind or regrettable that rent of land/sims are as expensive as they are. In his eyes, it would have been better if that had been much lower and if linden transactions or MP had been charged with a (or more substantial) sales-tax on transactions, instead. Which is what they plan go for with pr. Sansar, it seems. Cheaper land (and whatever will the equivalent of prims, there) but a sales tax to compensate.

They obviously can't simply change their land-rent-based revenue models for SL, just like that. It is their primary income. But since server costs per sim will very likely have dropped significantly, over the years, and since they will want to keep their user-base of sim and land-owners and renters happy (and owning and renting), it does make sense to do the next best thing: offer more rez ability to play around with.

My best guess, anyway.
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Linden made clear they would not increase the prices of lands, yes. But the private estate owners didn't take any engagement.

Actually, the price per prim will stay inchanged. But estate managers may just decide that -new- renters will have to pay more, since there are more prims. They could make more parcels on their sim, too...

Return to “General RP Discussions”