Freebie stuff

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Freebie stuff

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:45 pm

I remember a while ago there was a thread on freebie avatars, but can't find it, so here we are again: I'd like some advice or direction on where to get 'decent' freebie things or cheap to make quick avatars, to use for storyline events as NPCs etc.

Anyone got any ideas?
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Re: Freebie stuff

Postby Manon Seid » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:51 pm

Well now we are discussing mesh heads in another thread... for female avatars there's the mesh head from Altamura for 500ll (a Bento version is 700ll) - it's a sale that only runs till the 24th.

Not exactly free i know, but pretty cheap for a mesh head with Omega support, makeup-layers and emotions and all.
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:19 am

Don't see many good freebies around these days, especially if you're looking for Gor stuff. I'd say hit the 25L Tues. sale group up: secondlife:///app/group/38f6de2d-4cf7-ff99-34f6-fe3c3eb0e695/about

I don't usually see skins, hair, etc. but they do usually have an outfit or two (usually for female av's) that aren't bad. Looking at the list out today, I'd recommend, for example:
1. On A Lark | Discovering Destiny
Usually has nice clothes for slaves or FW characters

4. Gor Girls | Harriet Blaisdale
Ditto, but often leaves the same outfit out for weeks

5. The Roawenwood | Searlait Nitschke
Usually has props out, furniture or stuff, but nicely made and usually worth snagging

14. Belle Epoque | Janire Coba
Nice stuff, usually clothing for female av's

15. Luas | ainaraLuas resident
Ditto

17. Calico | Calico Ingmann
Hair, hit or miss- I've found some really pretty ones, but some miss the mark for me

20. Flecha Creations | Flecha Warwillow
Full Perm stuff, sometimes clothing, usually worth snagging

21. Torvis Weapons | Torvis Rainfall
Outfits with GM metered weapons. Usually for female av's, with unusual choices like tridents or something. I snag them for giggles.

So that'd get you female outfits, hair, maybe even a weapon. Skins...that's hard. You could check out a few skin stores, join their group (most make you pay to join, 250L or so I think but you might luck out and find one that doesn't), and they usually will have a "group gift" freebie/cheapie out you could get?

TMP had a free mesh bod that's decent but you don't get any options for alpha so you have to alter your shape to get it to fit mesh clothes and can't add any appliers.

CATWA has a couple of cheap-ish heads out, 1 was 100L I think (dunno if still is) but it's an...odd looking face, didn't like it myself. I think they have one for 300L or so as well.

Poetic Eyes has a lovely freebie mesh eye out every month, and if you join IKON, and remember to hit the store the first weekend of the month, they have a freebie mesh eye out every month.

Truth hair, Magika hair both have cheapie sections.

Guy outfits are going to be hard to fine, period. You might luck out at a sale like We <3 RP, or something- but it's still hard to find decent guy outfits period, let alone free/cheap ones.

There are some cheaper sales like Collabor88 (but their prices have been going up, so some of their stuff is expensive now), and The Dressing Room/TDR where you can snag some nice cheapies for outfits, skins, etc. and some gatcha sales are great for snagging cheap stuff like The Gatcha Garden, The Arcade, Epiphany, etc. but you're at the mercy of chance, there.

So there's some ideas, at least. If I stumble on any good ones, I'll post here.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:15 am

Oh jeez, I forgot about Genesis Labs, they have several gatchas in their store for female mesh heads, skins, makeups, even eyes- you can get them for pretty cheap.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:52 pm

For really cheap gatcha I recommend Marketplace, you can put itms by price order and it helps a lot. I know use MP for all my gatcha needs, I browse a gatcha event then buy what I want from the MP.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:20 pm

I see these gatcha items on the MP, sometimes. And people talking about them, often, but I never understood what these are supposed to do. Some kind of raffle? Like a collectible card game, where you have to buy the item loads of times to get the one you want, or something, because they are handed out randomly?
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:36 am

Glaucon wrote:I see these gatcha items on the MP, sometimes. And people talking about them, often, but I never understood what these are supposed to do. Some kind of raffle? Like a collectible card game, where you have to buy the item loads of times to get the one you want, or something, because they are handed out randomly?

A gatcha machine is a machine you pay for a random chance to get one of the many items the gatcha machine is scripted to give out. The machines usually have an image showing all of the items you have a chance of winning, and usually there are "commons" which the machine is scripted to give out more often, and then there are "rares" which are harder to get. The plus side is the amount you pay to play is usually smaller than you'd have to pay to buy the items outright (most gatchas I've seen are 50-100L per chance). The downside is what you get is entirely random. Perusing the Marketplace for a particular "gatcha" item you have your eye on is a solid tactic, usually cheaper than continuing the pay the gatcha machine and hoping it'll eventually give you the one item you want. Gatcha items are usually No Copy, and Transferable, so can be gifted, and surprisingly, resold on the Marketplace (though I question the ethics of selling someone else's item, personally?)

Gatchas are pretty popular right now- there are special monthly sales that are nothing but gatcha machines, The Arcade, and Gatcha Garden are a couple that come to mind. Most of the time, they are worth a try or two, if they have a set of items you like- and many stores have a gatcha or two out as well now.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:45 am

So, you want to buy a teapot that is in one of those machines and you end up with a bunch of crap you don't want instead, unless you get lucky? :o.O:

That sounds... :fryingpan:
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:23 am

If there wasn't a law against this IRL we'd be going to the baker in the morning too and trying to pull the right lottery number.

"Sorry, no bread for you this morning, but you did get a new pair of socks and an egg! Come back tomorrow when you've more coins again!"
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:52 pm

LOL Well, it helps if you actually like the commons and don't mind taking a chance on which one you get. And like I said- if there's a particular item out of a gatcha you want, you can check the Marketplace for it, often someone's reselling it for cheap.

Return to “General RP Discussions”