Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
User avatar
Sasi
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am
SL Name: Sasi

Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Sasi » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:15 am

I wonder... If it's just me, who, lack patience and tolerance for IC actions / backgrounds which totally contradict the Gorean culture and the fundamentals of this culture or if because I read the 34 books, I get my immersion easily broken...?

But here a few examples of typical RP which I too often encounter (or friends of mine who passed me some of those pearls) or character's bio that I read on profiles:

[22:46] (free man) nodded and pursed his lips behind his menpo, already having lost interest in the girl since learning how helpless she was. "Beloved ...why don't you see if there's contact information that can be of use to us, that's your area of speciality, neh? And I shall... I shall speak with a charming woman in red ...yes. That is what I shall I do." His voice trailed as his eyes glanced about and happened upon The Lady nearby.


Because as everyone knows, in the books, men love FW with passion and neglect slaves (especially if helpless, seriously, a helpless slave, how could she interest a Gorean man, huh...!)

Some slave's bio

Was born in a village in the Schendie Jungles. Her Mother and Father were both of the Caste of Rencers. (slave's name) grew up harvesting rence with her family and sold it to be used for paper in the vast cities of Gor.
One night her village was raided by the slavers of Schendi and (slave's name) was sold into bondage. When she was captured she was a natural fighter and had injuried one of the slavers during her capture. Unable to tame (Slave's name) they would sell her to a merchant who purchased fighting slaves for the Stadium of Blades in Ar.
In Ar she was turned into a fierce fighting slave for the arena. Pleasing countless free with the sight of her fights and victories in the arena. (slave's name) often hope if she fought hard enough and killed enough that she would be free. She still waits for that day and till that day (slave's name) remains a champion fighter of Ar


With a pic of the wench carrying a sword and a shield... In SL Gor, kajirae who are forced to fight in the arena do it with a sword, of course...


An outlaw's introduction:
First Claim:
I am the terror of my enemies

The five mottos codes:
1) when the honor is due, it will be given
2) Honor the Homestone that's your Honor
3) Respect the free people and honors their freedom: when deserving and worthy
4) You will be judged on the facts and the words
5) A man will never be alone if he has a brother in steel

I gladly accept my fate. I try not to survive for my freedom and my strength. I never acceterei to suffer in degradation chains, not to bring dishonor to my city. If it was to happen, that my name might be forgotten by my caste!


Because everyone is aware that outlaws are men who will fight with honor for their home stone....

[18:44] (FW of high caste) raised a slight brow when the woman approached them, expressing her impression of the slaves. She waited until (Lady T) had said her piece. "No, they are not coin girls. My girls have been trained to be high slaves. One distinct from the other." She motioned to the one at her left, (Display-high-pleasure-exotic-slave), "this one is pleasure slave, my Companion and I have chosen her attire. She is red slik kajira." Then she motioned to the one at her right (the other slave), "and this one I keep more covered up to not offend the Ladies. She is a white silk and only for the service of Free Women." She said and looked back at (Lady T), "both of my slaves are literate, dressed how their owners wish them to. We all now slaves are badges of wealth to be displayed. Much can be told about an owner from the appearance an health of their slaves. I can also remember the times when Free Women would beat slaves with sticks, if they bore to much skin in the open. Days of old." She concluded and smiled with


Because of course, Norman stated the following:
- FW tend to help their companion adorn his pleasure slaves, then display the girl with great pride (the two slaves of this free wench were clad in sexy silks).
- FW are never jealous of their FC's slaves (and never jealous/envious of slaves, anyway)
- FW don't beat slaves, it's just an old-fashioned habit (and yet, in Plunders, FW walk around, commonly carrying a switch at their belt and generously using on slave girls... But eh, beat Norman, he didn't know that habit was from days of old....)

[18:48] (high-sexy-display-exotic-immune-from-poison-slave) heard how the woman tried to demean her in front of (mistress' name, the FW of the post above), but already knew her worth to her Owners, as well as in gold. It didn't even seem to bother her that the woman assessed her so lowly, as she was a slave. She didn't even make eye contact with the woman. Instead, she kept a keen gaze both down towards the slums, and up towards the high city.


As Norman repeats all over his books, slave girls don't fear FW, even, they don't give a fuck, so, let's type a little passive-aggressive emote for making that clear, for the nasty FW (her typist rather) understands what Exoctic-high-slave-immune-from-poisons thinks of her shitty RP (Although one would appreciate a better respect of the RP etiquette from a sim mod in note using this form of emoting...)

Habits
I do not always kneel; I stand unless otherwise instructed OR if I am serving or offering a serve. Please don't think I'm disrepecting you.


Sure, if your slave char stands in front of my FW char addressing her, I'm glad to know that my char must understand that your is not disrespectful... Well, anyway, we're in SL Gor where slaves wait for a command from their owner to kneel in tower in presence of FW, and only if no man is around. Not to mention the sims where slaves live on their knees and those where they never kneel or wait for being told to drop to their knees when a free address one...)


[01:14] (random FW) : I am Lady (put the name of a sweet food here), I own the Bakery and the Cafe. I do most cooking and baking there. *now looks back to her girl then to the pan in her hand* I am also the Head of the Merchants Caste here in (city's name). It all keeps me busy and out of trouble. And may I ask *blinks and stops talking seeing the girl move rather quickly and behind the man as if hiding from her....the nicest Free Woman she will probably ever meet in Gor* Ummmm nevermind I have nothing too ask really. *she looks at that girl and then back to the man looking directly into his eyes her way of telling how honest and honorable a person...Free or slave...is* So how can I help you? Have you traveled far? Would you like to come to the Cafe for some hot food?'


Because in SL Gor, you can run a bakery and be made head of the Merchant Caste (and not claim the baker caste). In SL Gor, as soon as you sell something, you're a merchant.
Also, the slave with the pan was her slave. A nice sexy blond girl with pretty silks, bare chest, jewels. The typical girl that FW (especially low caste) enjoy owning to help them with the business.


Born a valley just north of the northern forests in the far east of torvaldsland. Far enough away from waters that primary means was of trade and travel is caravans. The village was a summer pasturing land for the Varangian Alars which is how Ravage is half Alar, and half Torvaldslander.


Why be just a Torvalslander or an Alar, when you can be both and get the best of the two cultures, hmm?

Bred as an exotic, the culminatin of the famous labs of Ko-Ro-Ba to emcompass many traits to one creature rather than each just having a sole trait She was found as a baby in the ruins of of the city after the priest kings destroyed it, by a exploring BC who took her to his secret FC to raise as her own. Her adopted mother was green caste and raised her to follow in her path. She still has the tattoo put on exotics at birth on her right ankle. While studying in Kasra, the BC finally caught up with her adopted family and eliminated her parents for breaking their rules, leaving her with just her step sister and step brother, a BC himself. (...)
After having her hands damaged by the Clan of Torturers, she had to retire as a green and worked at many jobs from trader, to slaver and even bank robber for the Village of Clearchus. In doing these she has amassed a siziable forture she has hidden all over Gor. As an Ubara her companion the Ubar pierced her heat and nipples because it pleased him and told her to never get capped, but clothing masks those.



Actually, this one is a scribe, in a BTB sim (if one wondered...), and if you cross the path of a FW with huge -and bounced - boobs, that could be her... (But I suspect that her character is still free because no man is masochist enough to collar her...) In her limits, she has "Dont ask me to leave Gor", that speaks volumes when you have to write that in your RP limits... Still welcomed everywhere in BTB sims, her application always accepted.


Background: FW grew up in Turia, the daughter of powerful parents. This afforded her every opportunity to develop her own ambitions. She chose her father's caste (with his permission) and she could often be found in the caste nursery caring for the children of warriors or the orphanage of the city, where the fallen free's children were cared for when no other family could be found.


Yes, because it takes the permission of your father, in Gor, when you're an adult woman, to claim the caste into which you were born....


Lineage

Father: XXX; Former Ubar of Turia, Former Administrator of Turia, Captain of Port Kar
Mother: XXX; Former High Magistrate of Turia, former Ubara of Turia, Lady Matriarch to the House of XXX, Matron to the House XXX, Scribe of Schendi, Scribe of Rarn, Record Keeper of Port Cos, Scribe of Port Thassa, Inn Keeper of Port Thassa, Scribe of Hesius


As we all know, in the books, the caste is only a matter of job and you can change it to suit your daily mood. Also, the Home Stone is just a place where you live, you can claim a new one every time your char move...
People like ranting about these "princess velcro collar" (shame on these girls who can't stay with every lame dude that collared their char) but velcro home stone and caste is correct (why bother writing a new character when you can keep the same since 2007, anyway?)

Plus, usually, in a SL Gor city, 99% of characters living there, are not native of the city...


Warrior's background in a BTB Southern city:

Born into the blood of his cold Mother after she died on the battlefield. Her belly opened to extract this deformed baby. Raised under the cold code of the north mercs. His ability developed into inflicting pains to his kind. Never showing mercy.. never surrender .. never refuse a fight. Anywhere he can smell blood he will tread.
Those few words are (warrior's name) story and his code.


Yes, because why bother writting some average bio like "Red caste man, born from red caste father and mother, in city X, raised in city X, serves city X"? Probably, it's not as if you could play some stunning and creative storylines if your char were not already a snowflake...


Gorean man in love:
[13:30] FM: Walks up to her and wraps his left arm around her waist pulling her close, his right hand takes her left as he looks into her eyes. "I (man's name), Claim you (FW's name), to be my Mate, FC, companion, and all things that are entitled to you. Do you accept my claim to you, (FW's name)?"


Better cast a wide net, for the case where the woman would have not well understood she was wanted as his free companion... Mate, FC, companion, pick your favorite. (and maybe some day, will people understand that "mate" is an onlineism...)
For those who wondered, yes, she accepted: "I (FW's name), accept your claim to be my Mate, FC, companion and all things that are entitled to you."

The typical SL Gor female slaver:

Former Ubara of xxx. Once the city fell she was captured and enslaved for 2 hands by the Valkyrie Panthers before being Freed . She now resides in the city of xxx and is an apprentice Slaver.



Now, she is a full slaver, she trains slaves, not just male and tower slave girls. Pleasure slave as well. It's what female slavers do in SL Gor. They train as well pleasure kajirae. In SL Gor, they have those skills.

Did I speak about the typical BTB slaver house RP? Let's go.

*Assess a slave for value (looks, behavior, skills, potential)

*Intake the Slave using the below (include the following);
Added to groups
Locked in city collar
Given city camisk
Slave wine given
Basic expectations and protocols explained
Met first/second girl
Branded
Toured through city

*Complete Slave paperwork as proof of ownership
*Have the slave seen by a Physician
*Send/Give paperwork to a Scribe
*Speak to Head of Caste (Ash), First Girl Jenny/ Second Girl Jet to update on new slave (leave a rp in their ims of leaving a note on their desk if they are not online)
*Assess the slave for their skills and training (if you do not have time, for the skills assessment, pass it onto the 2nd or 1st slaves to do.)

*Assign a slave to chores in the city


Definitely thrilling, no? As for the training, it's basically the same in almost every sim (the same notecard is copied all over SL Gor), with several levels, basic and advanced positions, be able to name fruits and veggies (important to be taught this, even if your char is a Gorean native), basic knowledge of the city, 3 chores to complete (don't forget the NC), basic and intermediate services, how interact with the free, raid training (bind/aid/bandage), Gorean culture (castes, what the Home Stone is, important training even if your char is a Gorean native) etc... A little part is left for the training regarding the pleasure aspects, essentially dances (how to perform a pre-written dance), bathing (know the tools used in bathing and the steps to a traditional bath), and 4 lines to be taugh how to pleasure a man (but don't insist more on this part, you will be retorted that for a slave, there is not just "furring". Welcome to "Prudes of Gor" where slaves are seldom expected to fuck (anyway, FM have their FC and there are too many chores to fill and too many visitors to serve (paga & tea).

The typical slaver of SL Gor will, of course, assure you that all the training is RPed, no notecard is required, plus, there are many ongoing storylines in the house (but he is unable to speak of one), if you doubted after having read his bunch of NCs about the requirements you would have to do in order to join his slaver house (and stay there) as well as the paperwork you must filll.


My rant list wouldn't be complete without the typical (BTB) mamba slave:

Born Deep in the Shendi Jungles. to a Tribe of Fifteen Mamba's Imp was the first Female born of the tribe and was guarded well. till one day six large Northern men came to the forests. they Killed all of her tribe but the girl who they found hiding among the burning buildings and blood spattered ground. she was young around the age of fifteen . she was found while in a Blood lust and killed four of the six men. the final two subdued her and when she awoke she was locked in a iron cage a collar on her neck. over time she killed the final two and roamed wild for many years. until she befriended a Mistress who swore to protect the young mamba girl. Keep in Mind Mamba Women are NOT submissive to any they view NOT their mate. They are difficult to befriend and More Difficult to control. They are Violent and viscous. Just because a Mamba were's a Collar does not mean she is a Docile Slave. she is more like a Snake laying in the grass awaiting her chance to strike and kill.Imp Is no different....



In SL Gor, Northern men don't have enough villages to plunder and vulnerable free women to enslave. Nope. They go wander into the dephts of the Schendi jungle (a very welcoming familiar environment), to kill an entire mamba tribe and get killed by that one wild left girl....
Although there are very few details about the mambas in Explorers, this mamba, in her profile, lists a long list of standards required in order to play one, correctly...

____________________

When confronted to the non sense actions of their Gorean characters, people's reasons are the following ones:

- The books are open to interpretation (when in reality, there is very little left to interpretation, Norman being anal with details (and redundances)

- The books contradict each other: Very few contradictions actually, and mostly, it's more a precision brought to a rule, Norman tends to describe a general conduct, then, put his characters into context and describe their actions in this particulair context.

- RPing a FW mean to slaves? Repeating and boring! (Yeah, so let's RPing one kind to slaves, because it's never boring, unlike conflicts, rivalries, etc... So, when this incomprehension from FW to slaves, rivalry and hatred between both, is an very important element of the books, even a fundamental, in SL Gor, it's considered boring (or very poorly played like: You have not been taught to greet, Girl? You're untrained"). Then, people used to identify themselves to their char, of course, don't want to look bad...

- Tarl was not born Gorean, so, he couldn't know everything (he and other narrators of the books, some natives, are just the tool that Norman - aka the creator of Gor - chose to use to describe his world.. That just a detail...)


And if your own character is the average Gorean of high or low caste, but with nothing exceptional in the background, these people assume you cannot be creative (they confuse mentality, culture with personality) and anyway, you're the weirdo when you try to react IC to the oddities they RP.
User avatar
Anarch Allegiere
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:12 am

Well, part of the problem is just that 99% of SL Gor sims allow people to roleplay whatever they want, and not a single BtB sim has a proper application process. The application forms often don't ask for people to describe their background in detail or even have a system in place that tries to limit the uniqueness of characters. Some uniqueness obviously should be allowed, but many tend to go to extremes with it. The one I'm at right now doesn't even want to know the background or OOC experience with the genre of female characters, they're just names that are added to the application form of a man.

Other part of the problem is that similarly most gorean sims allow people to continue role playing characters they were on other sims. This is mostly an issue for southern sims with home stones as well as the caste system being pretty rigorous and in some cases also in other matters (such as Ex-Ubaras being low castes), it's not impossible but it is a whole load of 'unique' and if everybody does it, it takes away a lot from a realistic setting.

Thirdly, there often is no backlash when someone 'steps out of bounds' or out of what gorean society would expect of them. This is partially an IC and OOC issue, IC it's caused by a lack of people playing the role and reacting properly IC so people know when they're behaving in odd manners, on the other hand it's a blend of the two because sims often also don't recognize the broad use of NPCs that would pressure societal norms; and the latter is also causing issues on burnout in my opinion, because I see loads of "Head of Caste" or Magistrates and slavers who are just expected to roleplay everything and everyone that needs a Head of Caste or a Magistrate or a slaver for a scene and dudes just get burned out and simultaneously, when no man can be found, FW characters get thrown as Head of Castes etc. while it could just be done by NPCs (or storytelling admin (N)PCs). But no, they rather have a baker woman suddenly also being the Head of the Merchant Caste.

People don't use enough NPCs in their roleplay and it causes severe issues with realism. People pretending that a street or tavern is empty because there is nobody else there, people pretending or 'godmodding' that the Ubar is unguarded because he is sitting alone in his throne room (instead of more realistically role playing such a man would have guards).

But all of these problems are there because people aren't expected by any sim rules to do it any other way. There are no mechanisms in place that tell people their RP isn't valid because they ignored NPCs, there is no mechanism in play that tells people their background isn't valid. People are so used to depending heavily on just doing what the combat meter allows and having their most 'important' sim rules being about the combat meter that realism and setting and NPCs and proper culture and behaviour are just shoved to the side. And it's so fucking sad because it dumbs down the entire roleplay and storyline experience.

I could be sitting alone in a tavern with a slave-girl roleplayer and pretend that the tavern is empty and roleplay whatever can come from that (and sometimes that is still good role play) -or- I could roleplay with use of NPCs that the tavern is full and lively and there are slaves dancing on the tables and men shouting and tell that slave girl PC to perform a play before the crowd by the IC narration of my character together with an NPC volunteer actor from the crowd, with having the NPC crowd reacting to their performance etc. .... only then for some ass-hat to come running into the tavern drawing his meter weapon and hacking me down, suddenly through sim and combat rules enforcing that the tavern is empty again and that there is no lively NPC crowd there.


And it's like almost nobody in SL Gor understands these problems, understands what makes good role play and what makes stories flow. People are so set in old ways and bad RP habits that it's a miracle some of them will ever learn or understand how it could be done differently, or if any of them ever come to the understanding what they're doing isn't quite right.

The only way the problems you mentioned could be addressed is if the RP sim has a very rigid application process, people wouldn't be allowed to role play their old characters, people would be forced to take another good look at their characters and to limit their 'uniqueness' within acceptable boundaries and visitors can't just come and RP without being approved first and there being admins who more thoroughly understand the genre and the culture.

And by these standards there has never in the history of SL Gor ever been a proper role play and storyline oriented sim. Never. And if the masses aren't shown how it can be done better, it's no surprise they'll never learn or improve. And this will sound arrogant, but I wish I had a sim available so I could show people and open their eyes, I wish. Maybe soon, maybe.
User avatar
Aphris
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:24 am
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii
Contact:

Re: Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Aphris » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:49 am

Sasi wrote:Some slave's bio

Was born in a village in the Schendie Jungles. Her Mother and Father were both of the Caste of Rencers. (slave's name) grew up harvesting rence with her family and sold it to be used for paper in the vast cities of Gor.
One night her village was raided by the slavers of Schendi and (slave's name) was sold into bondage. When she was captured she was a natural fighter and had injuried one of the slavers during her capture. Unable to tame (Slave's name) they would sell her to a merchant who purchased fighting slaves for the Stadium of Blades in Ar.
In Ar she was turned into a fierce fighting slave for the arena. Pleasing countless free with the sight of her fights and victories in the arena. (slave's name) often hope if she fought hard enough and killed enough that she would be free. She still waits for that day and till that day (slave's name) remains a champion fighter of Ar

Waht to expect of someone who tries to agriculture rence in the Schendi Jungle :fryingpan:
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
User avatar
Aphris
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:24 am
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii
Contact:

Re: Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Aphris » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:55 am

Sasi wrote:
Born a valley just north of the northern forests in the far east of torvaldsland. Far enough away from waters that primary means was of trade and travel is caravans. The village was a summer pasturing land for the Varangian Alars which is how Ravage is half Alar, and half Torvaldslander.


Why be just a Torvalslander or an Alar, when you can be both and get the best of the two cultures, hmm?

I remember an Alar camp laying near a Torvie village, back in 2009.

But I get your point I just met a Tuchuk-Mamba slaver who lived in a Kassar wagon camp. she had blond Rastafarian hair, and indeed a nose ring. OK, makes completely sense. According to her wagon camps were full with slavers.
Worst of all is that people from that same camp give lessons at a certain well known Gor University, so they have a platform to spread their nonsense
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
User avatar
Sasi
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Sasi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:10 am

Yes Anarch, exactly this! And it has also to do with the fact that most people don't even understand some basics of Gor and depict their character in keeping a Earthen mentality. Most of them are unable to respect in their role play the spirit of this particular culture based on inequalities, ranks, hierarchies.

The only thing they keep in mind is "Gor is a man's world". But they apply this concept in a black and white way, so, any peasant feels allowed to tell a high born FW to "know her place"....
But they will compromise for a non sense head of caste or magistrate woman....

But it's another problem of SL-Gor.. People think that their RP passes by rping caste work... If they can't RP that part, they get the impression they have nothing to RP. In the last sim which OOC team I had joined (and left when I realized that I couldn't support and apply some of their policies), I remember that one of the mods suggested to impose warriors to RP a wound, when back from raid, to give physicians something to RP... It's just silly... Myself and friends RP a Red Caste FW since years, we don't need to RP caste work and we have RP. We don't even feel the need to play this non sense of "red caste scribe" because warriors think that only someone from the red caste could work for them as a scribe...

And it's not going better because most people are not going to make any kind of effort (compromise with the books is far easier under the cover of the excuses I wrote in my previous post) but those SL Gor schools and academies continue to teach the same old school Gor crap... Eh, the so-called Gorean Campus has no issue in giving magistrate class courses to FW and its administrator is a woman I saw countless of times hanging out with a ponytail (and in FW outfit...), also high magistrate of Olni and whose slave is a pleasure one......

These people label themselves BTB but they understand nothing to the fundamentals of the Gorean culture.... Not to mention they are barely capable to separate IC and OOC...
User avatar
Qingwen
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 am
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Re: Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Qingwen » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:54 am

Sasi wrote:Warrior's background in a BTB Southern city:

Born into the blood of his cold Mother after she died on the battlefield. Her belly opened to extract this deformed baby. Raised under the cold code of the north mercs. His ability developed into inflicting pains to his kind. Never showing mercy.. never surrender .. never refuse a fight. Anywhere he can smell blood he will tread.
Those few words are (warrior's name) story and his code.




Isn't that the plot of Hellboy? or in this case Gorboy since Hellboy was good :hrm:
User avatar
Lacey
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy
Location: South carolina

Re: Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Lacey » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Sasi wrote:

(the two slaves of this free wench were clad in sexy silks).


Only one was in "sexy silks," not both. I never dressed that avatar in "sexy silks" whenever playing that character. There was one time she wore something revealing, but it was a camisk and not at the time you spoke of. You know we found it very strange that the typist of the emote that caused the emote you mentioned, only gave her character's opinion on one of the slaves when she started her emote stating something along the lines of, "Well you know what I think of your slaves?" I am just going to put two and two together here and assume.

As far as the rest of this, I suppose some of it can be annoying. I have had some little things annoy me sometimes but this is mild compared to other rants I have seen or even seen/heard.
I should have never cut her hair!
User avatar
Sasi
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Sasi » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Well, a camisk is one of the most sexy garments that a slave can wear. It's even a so revealing attire that some cities don't tolerate it, by respect toward the FW. No slave serving a FW should even wear a camisk. For the second slave (the-non-immune-to-poison-one) I may be wrong regarding her outfit but I remember, when I saw the gyazo pic that it was not exactly a modest garment neither.

Second, this emote proves that this FW had understood absolutely nothing to the Gorean culture, especially to some of the fundamentals like the interactions between FW and slave girls. "slaves trained to be high slaves" (non sense, it's only a privileged status) or FW adorning the pleasure slave of her companion (other non sense) with jewels and silks.

And regarding the RP etiquette, yes, passive agressive emotes are bad form RP. The other FW tried to deal ICly a non sense situation. At her place, I would have never bothered in engaging in a scene with that FW because I don't like feeling forced to compromise with my own character in trying to align her on my interlocutors' non sense, to give some coherence to her actions in the context of the ongoing scene.
User avatar
Lacey
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy
Location: South carolina

Re: Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Lacey » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:16 am

Sasi wrote:Well, a camisk is one of the most sexy garments that a slave can wear. It's even a so revealing attire that some cities don't tolerate it, by respect toward the FW. No slave serving a FW should even wear a camisk. For the second slave (the-non-immune-to-poison-one) I may be wrong regarding her outfit but I remember, when I saw the gyazo pic that it was not exactly a modest garment neither.

Second, this emote proves that this FW had understood absolutely nothing to the Gorean culture, especially to some of the fundamentals like the interactions between FW and slave girls. "slaves trained to be high slaves" (non sense, it's only a privileged status) or FW adorning the pleasure slave of her companion (other non sense) with jewels and silks.

And regarding the RP etiquette, yes, passive agressive emotes are bad form RP. The other FW tried to deal ICly a non sense situation. At her place, I would have never bothered in engaging in a scene with that FW because I don't like feeling forced to compromise with my own character in trying to align her on my interlocutors' non sense, to give some coherence to her actions in the context of the ongoing scene.


Look, I'm the one that dressed the avatar and she wasn't wearing a camisk either. I said that a camisk was worn one time while playing that character and it was not on that day nor was she with the free woman she was with that day. Oftentimes I got crap for wearing (surprise!) too much clothing on that character. What she was wearing that day didn't even show her ankles. Too far would have been long sleeves too. I do have my own vision of what I wish was available to dress her in but I suck at creating things so I am stuck with whatever is on the market at the time. Yes the immune from poisons one was dressed revealing. There was no nonsense situation nor anything brought up about anyone dressing slaves for companions until after the FW who gathered all of these emotes enticed the situation with her complaints on how ugly the one slave was, even though she had started her sentence off with a plural of slaves.[b][/b] My thoughts on the subject today after this post, is that the typist typed all of that stuff after reading a profile of "exotic immune to poisons slave." Yet, here you are fussing about "passive aggressive emotes to a typist."

Thirty-one percent of your rant has specifically to do with people who are in a group together (And that is just what I can in fact confirm). I don't mean like a sim group either. I mean one of those smaller "family" type deals. You are sure that whoever spent all that time gathering the materials for this "rant" doesn't need to just take a time out or go on and move along to play with people they like to play with?


I mean gee, two slaves following a free woman around might not be typical but it is second life and I kinda like to try to go find something to do. Her response was not the most imaginative and I'll give you that, but again it is not the worst offense in all of SL Gor. In fact it does not even come close. The pair are (fw and immune slave) friends who like role playing together except the one on the slave character likes to role play with men. Sure they could have played the FW beating the slave with a stick but to what end? A story has a beginning, climax, and conclusion.

Also the immune to poison slave, you should have seen the role play she did with someone else who was a physician. It didn't really affect the FW who reported all these emotes about her because it wasn't something brought up with this FW. It is not like she was all like "Hey! I am immune to poisons nice to meet you!" In fact I think the role play at hand was something along the lines of a tea party invitation or wine. It certainly wasn't game changing. In fact the entire exchange was sort of boring.

Then here we have everyone that thinks that everyone should play the world based on those endless paragraphs of John Norman, that I like to skip over to find the true story. The books tell stories that are usually against all these ramblings to make them at least somewhat exciting. There is even slaves finding their love master. Most stories everyone calls "exceptions." The truth is the series is fantasy and sci fi. No one wants to play the sci fi part. Most people think it is just a medieval town with some female slaves.
I should have never cut her hair!
User avatar
Oor
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 pm
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: Snowflakes of Gor (Ranting Mode ON)

Postby Oor » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:29 am

Lacey, I felt like you missed the point of a rant thread, but by the end there you really turned it around!

:mrgreen:
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix

Return to “General RP Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests