The Annual "Gor Sims" Update!

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: The Annual "Gor Sims" Update!

Postby Tantus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:52 pm

I'll make a rare confession in here ((which will never be acknowledged again)), I've been to an SL Cabaret event. The thought of a burlesque show with frilly avatars on stage hasn't appealed before, and I was assured it would be nothing like that.

With my masculinity on the line I went along to see a particular performance, but the rest of the show wasn't so bad afterall. It's all very random from one performance to the next. Each act build their own stage set, script it, animate it to a song, and on the night play it through. In the end, it's like setting up a 5 minute scene on stage and there were some fairly impressive acts.

'The Wings of Sahara Cabaret' hosts their shows on Sundays at 5PM SL.
secondlife:///app/group/7612cac2-836e-6ef5-838c-af6ba1d76bff/about

Men shouldn't attend these events without a healthy reserve of testosterone, otherwise it's worth seeing for the quirky side of SL creativity.
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Postby Qingwen » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Tantus wrote:I'll make a rare confession in here ((which will never be acknowledged again)), I've been to an SL Cabaret event. The thought of a burlesque show with frilly avatars on stage hasn't appealed before, and I was assured it would be nothing like that.

With my masculinity on the line I went along to see a particular performance, but the rest of the show wasn't so bad afterall. It's all very random from one performance to the next. Each act build their own stage set, script it, animate it to a song, and on the night play it through. In the end, it's like setting up a 5 minute scene on stage and there were some fairly impressive acts.

'The Wings of Sahara Cabaret' hosts their shows on Sundays at 5PM SL.
secondlife:///app/group/7612cac2-836e-6ef5-838c-af6ba1d76bff/about

Men shouldn't attend these events without a healthy reserve of testosterone, otherwise it's worth seeing for the quirky side of SL creativity.

I used to attend SL okiya dance festivals and musical mermaid performances - very similar. Quite lovely to watch.

Don't worry about your masculinity - it's a most excellent place to chat up girls.
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:18 pm

So...where's good for RP circa February?
Qingwen

Postby Qingwen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:34 pm

So...where's good for RP circa... June?
though I suppose with summer months coming in the northern hemisphere things will get rather quiet RP-wise..
Tantus

Postby Tantus » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:42 am

Mhirdrun is the 'happening' place of the moment, I've dabbled some with it though seems to take a time-commitment to get the most out of their plots. The combat too, favours numbers. So I've seen groups of 5 ambushing lone wanderers to get a cheap kill in.

Give me GM anytime, over these dice-pewpewers :D

As to Gor, who knows!
Qingwen

Postby Qingwen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:20 pm

I've dabbled in Mhirdrun too. Time commitment is indeed the big stumbling block there. Haven't got into any combat as the most my character can do at her low level is make things glow :P
Vector
Site Admin
SL Name: Vector

Postby Vector » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:50 am

I heard a rumour that Gor died and that nobody is playing it these days?
If you see something broken on these boards send me a PM please.
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:25 am

It's actually pretty busy, but to a certain extent it's been passed on to a new generation, many of whom seem to be former GEers. I hang out in Lara and Tyr's Fist.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:43 pm

Haven't dipped a toe in a Gor sim in quite a while. Been playing in Convergence lately, a modern, somewhat urban-ish supernatural type sim. It's been decent, have met a few great roleplayers and most of the people seem to be quite nice OOC. Got some interesting RP threads started only to have them fizzle out due to my usual problem of not having enough time to put in on keeping interest going, but the sim and players are pretty good for the most part. They have regular events, active factions, and a great website/forums and the Admins don't seem to be too heavy handed. The first time I tried to play there, a few years back, the players "in charge" IC seemed to be much more paranoid and hostile to new players or anyone who didn't toe the line they wanted everyone to walk- that's changed and it's a much more welcoming and supportive atmosphere now and that's been pretty great to see.

Convergence SLurL

Convergence Website

So any decent Gor sims still around?
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tantus

Postby Tantus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:52 pm

I think it's at that dry spell waiting for the Next-Big-Sim to come along and if GE's any indication, then Gor has finally hit the dump!

Friends from ROIAF GoT tell me it's not been so rosy there of late either, even the pinnacle of excellence in SL RP is having its share of metagaming and OOC manipulating! :totalshock: And that was last month.

The latest episode is in progress. I always wanted to RP there... but that character creation process was a monster!

Return to “General RP Discussions”