The Annual "Gor Sims" Update!

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

The Annual "Gor Sims" Update!

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Ok, all- I know it's been pretty slow lately. I've been playing outside of SL Gor myself, so am pretty much out of the loop as far as what sims are open now. So thought I'd toss it out for those looking:

Got any recommendations for BtB sims? GE sims? Lifestyler sims? Roleplay sims? Tell us where you've visited, where you've had fun, who's got a beautiful build, good, knowledgeable, impartial staff?

I know I've got a friend still playing in Svago, so they're still around and hopefully doing well. Soon as I get free hoping to pop in and play a little there myself. Been missing the Gor setting. Any other sims you've found that you'd like to let us know about? I always like to see where people are playing, it gives me incentives to visit and check it out, and I'm clueless about what we have available as far as Gorean sims right now.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: The Annual "Gor Sims" Update!

Postby Tantus » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:16 am

This is the impression I came away with on my last browse through and conversations:

Gor sims likely to be active over the next months:
Whistler Port (Soon to be a 5 sim continent)
Hochburg
Laura Outpost
Torcadino
Ar
Argentum
Tarnburg?

Valut 99 - Fallout roleplay. I want to RP here, made an outfit too, just haven't had time to go in.

Mysterium Mansion - What the Chamber Society should have been before the fashionistas moved in.
Tantus

Postby Tantus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:45 am

So Vault 99 has closed, and turned into Tales of Omar. The build can be seen on the iRoleplay sim, which is about to go live. I get the sense they're aiming for tabletop-style group adventuring.

If they can manage a mix of PvE and RP, I'll make an outfit for it!
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:13 am

In terms of sims that focus on role play and have a good writing, storyline and role play focused community:

CoCE: Isle of Illyros (:P)
ROIAF
Outbreak
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:51 am

Tantus wrote:So Vault 99 has closed, and turned into Tales of Omar. !

I have seen another other fallout sim crop up and go before they opened officially. I think it must be someone actively guarding the IP and sending cease and desist letters.
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:56 pm

Illyros is my current Gor fave. Have had a couple of good scenes, met some great people. Excellent build, pretty avatars, good roleplayers. And probably the only sim currently in SL Gor that is actually a roleplay sim and not that quasi-lifestyler mix.
http://counterearth.enjin.com/

I've got a friend playing in Hotchburg, so pop in there from time to time as well. Decent build, few avatars from the past (flexi and orange skin, no mesh, etc.) but couple of pretty ones as well. Haven't seen much in the way of roleplay there, just been stalking my friend.

Outside of Gor, Remnants of Gor is still going strong if you like cyberpunk, sci fi, with a sprinkle of post apoc (Melna's having a major sim build overhaul done, at which point I think they're shifting the setting to a new colony setting.) They also have an interesting meter/HUD system in which you loot "nodes" for items, and can buy/sell the items to other players, also have a currency system built into the HUD, and NPC vendors on sim. Combat is also related to the HUD, but more with dice rolls augmented with what weapons your using, what armor you're wearing, what cybernetic implants you have, etc. Usually busy, occasionally chaotic, interesting mix of avatars (heavy on the furries/dickgirls/anime/kemono av's but some human and some really interesting "alien" av's as well). Most of the av's are very well done, if primmy. Excellent build.
http://www.remnantsofearth.com/

Crest of V'rekmar is a fantasy sim. Played there a while back, was fun then sorta died off as the "royals" roleplay took over and they changed the sim build to focus more on the royals, sorta leaving most of the other factions out in the cold. Have poked my head back in to see how things are now, admin was friendly and helpful at least, which is always a good sign. Wide variety of interesting avatars- from human, to elf, to orc, to dragons. Most of the av's were well done. Good traffic, av's inside and out in public areas. Decent build.
http://vrekmar.enjin.com/

Whiskey City is an urban/crime roleplay sim. Bit unsure about the theme, think it's sorta like "Crack Den" with nekos and elves. DCS meter (75L to purchase required meter, then 1k+ for a DSC weapon). Build was typical "city". Avatars were decent, mostly human, one neko, one elf noticed. A few avatars were from the past. Traffic was decent, but virtually everyone was holed up inside and coupled up so no clue about the quality of RP, if any.

My timing was SLT 7pm-9pm or so, when I was popping into these sims, to gauge traffic, my usually arpee time.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:Outside of Gor, Remnants of Gor

Hello, Freud!

:lips:
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:06 pm

Oor wrote:
Tamar Luminos wrote:Outside of Gor, Remnants of Gor

Hello, Freud!

:lips:

LMAO That's what I get for posting before coffee. Would edit that to say "Remnants of Earth", but the deadline hath pass'ed. :lol:
Tantus

Postby Tantus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:16 pm

Glaucon wrote:
Tantus wrote:So Vault 99 has closed, and turned into Tales of Omar. !

I have seen another other fallout sim crop up and go before they opened officially. I think it must be someone actively guarding the IP and sending cease and desist letters.

I think it was down to some sim-drama and player-poaching, there was a group rant along those lines.

I cammed about Remnants of Gor! a while back. It had this Star Wars cantina feel to it with furries everywhere! It's interesting that you can buy 'backpacks' of loot for lindens. Every other games has micro transactions now, so why not SL RP sims.

Avi Choice Awards 2016:

Favorite Role Play Sim

Elite Riding Academy – Cherry Lastchance
Mysterium’s Masked Mansion – Uri Jefferson
New England 1930s – Raylee Criss & Jared Lukas
Rock a bye Babies Birthing Center and Maternity Clinic – Robinnurse Rowlands
Sanctuary – Stevie Basevi – AVI’S CHOICE!

Elite Riding Academy? When I cammed the sim, there were about 6 horse avatars grazing about and nothing else. Maybe it is just an equine rp sim, I haven't been back yet.
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Postby Qingwen » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:24 am

I play, sporadically, on a sim named Zolio. If you like medieval "light fantasy" (as in people are mostly normal humans) it's a pretty place, and the people are very easygoing. We tend to post RP in group as the community is rather small and scattered over timezones. Sim owner is really nice.
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star

Return to “General RP Discussions”