Gor always draws you back...

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Re: Gor always draws you back...

Postby FeorieFrimon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:03 pm

BlueConover wrote:I spent a month trying to RP in Hochberg,

I had rp I was doing completely ignored, to the point my drunk ass vomited on a "master" and "slave" furring in the streets and they carried on.

95% of the time everyone was AFK

I spend three weeks trying to meet the magistrate or a scribe to find out ic'ly information on a slave.
No Joy.

I did have one fun rp session with multiple slaves.

apart from that. is was the most disheartening sense of despair ever.

I've been playing there awhile, too. I hate to say it, but I'm hearing this a lot. :( Maybe it is times?

Blue, when are you playing these days?
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:07 pm

I would try not to take low traffic this time of year as an indication of anything serious.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Gor hasn't managed to draw me back. Even if this forum has, for now. :P
BlueConover
SL Name: Blue Conover
Caste: Red
Home Stone: Torcadino
AkA: Blue Conover

Postby BlueConover » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:04 pm

FeorieFrimon wrote:apart from that. is was the most disheartening sense of despair ever.

I've been playing there awhile, too. I hate to say it, but I'm hearing this a lot. :( Maybe it is times?

Blue, when are you playing these days?[/quote]

I went at random times. Amusingly I got a tour of the city. from a visiting person's slave cause all other people on sim were afk or busy or stuck in their own stories.

Oor wrote:I would try not to take low traffic this time of year as an indication of anything serious.

This was a few months ago height of summer holidays during the college kid boom
He Lives....
Happiness is like Orgasms... The More you think about it.. The less you get...
Meriasek
SL Name: Meriasek Resident

Postby Meriasek » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:09 am

I will be making a visit to a number of sims over the next few weeks, after a gap of years not months

I'll post my impressions occasionally for your amusement/annoyance/edification/boredom

I made initial visits to several sims found in a search for 'BTB'. It was mid morning US time. I do not have high expectations at that time of day so none of this is a criticism

AR- plenty of people online, I wandered around quite a while, trying to find the likely meeting places for future reference. Did not manage any interactions, people were all in houses, mainly on their own but a few in pairs. Think I found a cafe or similar

Besnit - stuck at the locked gate, only a few people online, off putting tbh

Helxxxxxx - the Torvy sim - no one around apart from a greeting person asleep

Hochburg - did not get far before slave appeared and had a short RP that was nice enough. Ended up at the bakery where who knows I may meet someone next time

That's it for now I will continue.

I am using the same laptop I used 4 years ago, not sure it is still man enough for the job. Had trouble seeing some avis

Also aware my appearance is dated I expect but right now that's not the priority
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Meriasek wrote:I will be making a visit to a number of sims over the next few weeks, after a gap of years not months

I'll post my impressions occasionally for your amusement/annoyance/edification/boredom

I made initial visits to several sims found in a search for 'BTB'. It was mid morning US time. I do not have high expectations at that time of day so none of this is a criticism

AR- plenty of people online, I wandered around quite a while, trying to find the likely meeting places for future reference. Did not manage any interactions, people were all in houses, mainly on their own but a few in pairs. Think I found a cafe or similar

Hochburg - did not get far before slave appeared and had a short RP that was nice enough. Ended up at the bakery where who knows I may meet someone next time

I am using the same laptop I used 4 years ago, not sure it is still man enough for the job. Had trouble seeing some avis

Also aware my appearance is dated I expect but right now that's not the priority

Welcome back! I'd recommend you at very least attempt to update your SL viewer if your laptop meets the recommended requirements (whether the official Linden Labs viewer here https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ or the third party viewer of your choice, like Firestorm, here http://www.firestormviewer.org/downloads/

SL's avatars have taken huge jumps in the last few years, with mesh avatars, heads, clothing, and body parts being the norm for the most part now- and these can't be seen on outdated viewers. Also the newest addition is Bento, which added new "bones" for mesh avatar attachments like fingers, tails, wings, etc. and that's only viewable on the latest viewer as well. This should take care of your problem with not seeing all the avatars, if your laptop can run it! Things are much prettier now!

Also, a few other sims you can check out (checking the list we had going on another thread):
Isle of Illyros
Svago
Whistler Port
Laura Outpost
Torcadino
Argentum
Tarnburg

Best of luck!
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:Isle of Ilyros

Wish we'd be as active that people could just walk around for a minute and find a RP scene at any moment of the day, but I can't work miracles sadly. :P
Meriasek

Postby Meriasek » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:
Meriasek wrote:I will be making a visit to a number of sims over the next few weeks, after a gap of years not months

Welcome back! I'd recommend you at very least attempt to update your SL viewer if your laptop meets the recommended requirements (whether the official Linden Labs viewer here https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ or the third party viewer of your choice, like Firestorm, here http://www.firestormviewer.org/downloads/

SL's avatars have taken huge jumps in the last few years, with mesh avatars, heads, clothing, and body parts being the norm for the most part now- and these can't be seen on outdated viewers. Also the newest addition is Bento, which added new "bones" for mesh avatar attachments like fingers, tails, wings, etc. and that's only viewable on the latest viewer as well. This should take care of your problem with not seeing all the avatars, if your laptop can run it! Things are much prettier now!

Also, a few other sims you can check out (checking the list we had going on another thread):
Isle of Illyros
Svago
Whistler Port
Laura Outpost
Torcadino
Argentum
Tarnburg

Best of luck!

Many thanks. It's the laptop that is no longer good enough so I'll use a desktop when I can. I did visit Svago thanks and will take a look at the others
Meriasek

Postby Meriasek » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:

Isle of Illyros
Svago
Whistler Port
Laura Outpost
Torcadino
Argentum
Tarnburg

Best of luck!

Many thanks. It's the laptop that is no longer good enough so I'll use a desktop when I can. I did visit Svago thanks and will take a look at the others

Return to “General RP Discussions”