Gor always draws you back...

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Geary Falconer
SL Name: Geary Falconer

Re: Gor always draws you back...

Postby Geary Falconer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:43 pm

Occasionally I think about it. Does anyone have the latest on somewhat active sims?
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:47 am

Imperial Ar, Laura and Hochburg are the big ones at the moment. They all have an OK to excellent standard of roleplay.
Adlai
SL Name: adlai.rae

Postby Adlai » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:47 am

There's a small variety right now.

The two sims with the most traffic (47k-54k) are Laura Outpost and Ar. Although I'm not sure how accurate this is because I've seen multiple AFKers on Ar (usually the sim mods and owners) at any given time. I've also met a player there who keeps more than at least one avatar on the sim and RPs with both at the same time. Ar is new (opened 9/7) and are still finding their way in terms of administration and stories that generate sim-wide RP. The sim layout in Ar is nice, and the build looks good.

A lot of old school players in Laura. I prefer the administration/RP there too. They have some strong inter-sim relationships that keep things dynamic.

Quality of RP in Svago was good when I visited. The sim owners were on a small hiatus and traffic tanked to under 2k; they're back and are building it up again. They're very welcoming. There is a tavern, inn, and merchant shops in the lower city. Upper city is gated off... so this means that for visitors you'd better come in with a compelling story or your RP will be sitting and drinking and socializing with some small talk.

There is also Hochburg (~30k), they have their vision outlined in a notecard:

Off Topic
Hochburg only has one group tag. It is the same for everyone. It is not often one travels somewhere and is able to tell their name and position by the tag above their head. However, I have not read “Name Tags of Gor” yet so I could be wrong. If one wishes to find out who someone is all they have to do is make for introduction in character. It’s not a difficult thing to do.

Hochburg does not incorporate notecards into their role play system. If an individual wants to role-play getting their slave an exam or having slave papers or free companionship papers drawn up by a scribe, they are certainly welcome to do so. Is it a requirement for these things to be done in order to role-play in this SIM? Of course it isn’t.

Paragraph posting RP in all 3 of the above.
"The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense." Tom Clancy
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:20 am

Adlai wrote:Paragraph posting RP in all 3 of the above.

Aye, sadly I only consider (semi-)paragraph writing the very basics for RP though.

I'm in Laura right now and there definitely are some good RPers there, some people of whom I think they could do a whole lot more if they were given the opportunity, and I could explain what I feel is missing in Laura, Ar or Hochburg, but I'd just sound negative (while it's mostly just a different taste in RP style and expectations probably).

It's decent for an SL Gor sim at least.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:55 am

Adlai wrote:There is also Hochburg (~30k), they have their vision outlined in a notecard:

Off Topic
Hochburg only has one group tag. It is the same for everyone. It is not often one travels somewhere and is able to tell their name and position by the tag above their head. However, I have not read “Name Tags of Gor” yet so I could be wrong. If one wishes to find out who someone is all they have to do is make for introduction in character. It’s not a difficult thing to do.

Hochburg does not incorporate notecards into their role play system. If an individual wants to role-play getting their slave an exam or having slave papers or free companionship papers drawn up by a scribe, they are certainly welcome to do so. Is it a requirement for these things to be done in order to role-play in this SIM? Of course it isn’t.

Paragraph posting RP in all 3 of the above.

There, I'm impressed, it's really an improvement, these NCs are just a waste of time and even, a chore. Was one of my issues with Ar, I hoped they would be different and not stick to these old school Gor practices, but sadly.... There is also a slaver house, there, which requires a ton of these NCs with the usual boring and not even BTB process/training inflicted on slave players you can see everywhere in SL Gor.

Most people in SL Gor don't want to consider that you may perfectly emote a paper , without having to take time from your RP to fill a NC. There is seldom anything interesting on these NCs. Plus, they encourage "process RP", meaning that slaver/physician will only RP following the process required in order to fill the NCed questionnaire, which leaves almost no place for personal creativity and something unexpected which could happen.

I even wonder why physician players still accept to conduct slave exams scenes in such boring conditions... I suppose that the most creatives of them refuse...
Kismet Reyes
SL Name: Scorn Eternal
Caste: Lost it
Role: Slave
Home Stone: About
AkA: Kismet Reyes

Postby Kismet Reyes » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:58 am

After a nice hiatus I've been back in sl Gor and 'GE' for the last 18 months/2 years. I've more recently become too disinterested in the almost total lack of roleplay in GE and the new appearance of something that people are referring to 'SEG' super evolved gor - basically all pew, no rp has killed my desire to play in GE.

I have finally returned to btb. Admittedly It's only been a week and a half, but aside form the the staid Sais, the full of ex-GE people Laura where else is good for btb panther roleplay? Are there any other btb sims with forest on them that we can rp hunting on? Lets be honest about my enquiry, the majority of the girls in my group are looking for Panther/Free Man interaction.
Courgan Barzane
SL Name: Courgan Barzane
Caste: Red Caste
Home Stone: Cardonicus

Postby Courgan Barzane » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Forest of Gor is pretty new and 2 sims of Wood for hunting.. but still pretty new and quiet, so not sure if you will get the interaction you seek.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:22 pm

Apparently Laura just closed?

Ar wasn't bad, I played there for a bit, just not much going on for me but might just be my hours (or lack of). There are some nice people there, at least.

Hurry up, Anarch! LOL
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
BlueConover
SL Name: Blue Conover
Caste: Red
Home Stone: Torcadino
AkA: Blue Conover

Postby BlueConover » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:33 am

I spent a month trying to RP in Hochberg,

I had rp I was doing completely ignored, to the point my drunk ass vomited on a "master" and "slave" furring in the streets and they carried on.

95% of the time everyone was AFK

I spend three weeks trying to meet the magistrate or a scribe to find out ic'ly information on a slave.
No Joy.

I did have one fun rp session with multiple slaves.

apart from that. is was the most disheartening sense of despair ever.
He Lives....
Happiness is like Orgasms... The More you think about it.. The less you get...
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:47 am

They've been going through some changes of late, if you need anything official done there, seek out James. Good roleplayer and a funny guy.

Return to “General RP Discussions”