Gor always draws you back...

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Re: Gor always draws you back...

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sat May 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi Kiana! :wave:

Good to see you back around!
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Nissala
SL Name: Nissalarue Resident
Role: Slave
Owner: Rylanyates

Postby Nissala » Tue May 31, 2016 10:33 pm

Kiana!! So good to see you :D Congratulations on your Master's Degree, that is amazing! I hope you are doing well. Please feel free to hit me up in world. I'd love to catch up more <3
"Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be Notorious.” - Rumi
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:36 am

Tantus wrote:SL Gor is not how you'll remember it from the days of Rovere, now it's "BTB Gor".

Infact, the US presidential race is a perfect parallel to what you'll encounter in this tiny microcosm of virtual Gor.

Donald Trump - The de facto personality of BTB Gorean men. Hard talking, abusive, ignorant, hasn't done a hard day's labour(or roleplayed captivity) in his life, but his attitude is hugely popular with the masses. BTB women want a 'strong man' like this at her side, and men are freely surrendering their intelligence to become one.

Ted Cruz - Smart, but too sleazy to trust. The Trumps are preferable to these guys because you rarely see them in actual roleplay. But they manage to bag themselves council seats in the cities they join through underhanded, OOC manoeuvring. Keep an eye on these guys to know when a sim's about to fall as they'll be the first to bail.

Marco Rubio - The always smiling, nice guys of BTB Gor. Get the fuck out.
No one knows why they entered the game, these are the guys who happily sit in cafes drinking tea with chatty Free Women. No one knows why they entered the game.

Bernie Sanders - The only man in the game who's read the Gorean Books, in his teens. And he read them again through the IRC days, and again when he came to SL Gor. With his old school principles, Bernie could probably make Gor work again, but when he logs in to see the mess BTB Gor has become, he logs back out to spend his mortality on worthier pursuits.

Hilary Clinton - The epitome of a BTB Free woman of Gor. Women hate her. Women want to be her. No one will ever respect Hilary for sticking by her FC when he cheated on her with a slutty slavegirl(We are talking BTB here). Love her or hate her, Hilary has read the books too, she knows just the quotes to use to make BTB Gor more comfortable for women. With the Rubios sharing tea at her table and the gruff Trumps on gate duty, the Hilarys are putting in the effort which men don't, they're taking positions which men haven't earned. So BTB Gor has been moulded into their image of what Gor should be.

So find those few people who still have a clue, roleplay your Gorean tales with them and you'll do fine.

This post right here was worth me coming back to have a look at the forums. Love it. But then again you have always had a way with words. :lol: :lol: :o :lol: :thumbup:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:44 am

FeorieFrimon wrote:Holy moley, dude. I love me some Gor and want to make epic stories, too, but I can't give 30 hours a week!

So yeah...Gor draws me back. But then I remember the -time- and I never log in.

This is the reason why I dress up my character and then never hit a gorean sim. I just cannot imagine putting in the time that it used to require for those epic stories. Well stated. :fleeflee:

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:30 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
FeorieFrimon wrote:Holy moley, dude. I love me some Gor and want to make epic stories, too, but I can't give 30 hours a week!

This is the reason why I dress up my character and then never hit a gorean sim. I just cannot imagine putting in the time that it used to require for those epic stories. Well stated. :fleeflee:

Me, three- we should start a sim for "short story" roleplay. :lol:
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Tantus wrote:SL Gor is not how you'll remember it from the days of Rovere, now it's "BTB Gor".

Infact, the US presidential race is a perfect parallel to what you'll encounter in this tiny microcosm of virtual Gor.

Donald Trump - The de facto personality of BTB Gorean men. Hard talking, abusive, ignorant, hasn't done a hard day's labour(or roleplayed captivity) in his life, but his attitude is hugely popular with the masses. BTB women want a 'strong man' like this at her side, and men are freely surrendering their intelligence to become one.

Ted Cruz - Smart, but too sleazy to trust. The Trumps are preferable to these guys because you rarely see them in actual roleplay. But they manage to bag themselves council seats in the cities they join through underhanded, OOC manoeuvring. Keep an eye on these guys to know when a sim's about to fall as they'll be the first to bail.

Marco Rubio - The always smiling, nice guys of BTB Gor. Get the fuck out.
No one knows why they entered the game, these are the guys who happily sit in cafes drinking tea with chatty Free Women. No one knows why they entered the game.

Bernie Sanders - The only man in the game who's read the Gorean Books, in his teens. And he read them again through the IRC days, and again when he came to SL Gor. With his old school principles, Bernie could probably make Gor work again, but when he logs in to see the mess BTB Gor has become, he logs back out to spend his mortality on worthier pursuits.

Hilary Clinton - The epitome of a BTB Free woman of Gor. Women hate her. Women want to be her. No one will ever respect Hilary for sticking by her FC when he cheated on her with a slutty slavegirl(We are talking BTB here). Love her or hate her, Hilary has read the books too, she knows just the quotes to use to make BTB Gor more comfortable for women. With the Rubios sharing tea at her table and the gruff Trumps on gate duty, the Hilarys are putting in the effort which men don't, they're taking positions which men haven't earned. So BTB Gor has been moulded into their image of what Gor should be.

So find those few people who still have a clue, roleplay your Gorean tales with them and you'll do fine.

This post right here was worth me coming back to have a look at the forums. Love it. But then again you have always had a way with words. :lol: :lol: :o :lol: :thumbup:

Wow, Tantus- how did I miss that post? LOL Pretty spot on, there.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:

Me, three- we should start a sim for "short story" roleplay. :lol:

Count me in. Sim agnostic. 8-)

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Architeuthis
SL Name: ~

Postby Architeuthis » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:48 pm

The time commitment is what currently keeps me away as well. It does make the idea of GE a little more appealing in that its log in, raid and light rp, then good night.
~Bosk~
SL Name: Bosk Nomad
Caste: Warrior
Home Stone: I carry it
AkA: BoskNomad

Postby ~Bosk~ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Tal. What is "SL" Gor, and what is a "Sim"? We used to just have a chat room for each HomeStone.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:42 pm

~Bosk~ wrote:Tal. What is "SL" Gor, and what is a "Sim"? We used to just have a chat room for each HomeStone.

SL = Second Life

Sims are basically servers/islands where people can build cities for people to roleplay in.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Return to “General RP Discussions”