Gor Revised.

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.
Saxon
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:29 am
SL Name: Saxon Rhiannyr

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby Saxon » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:57 pm

I have a term for each really, and has nothing to do with narrow minded. Either you are being gorean, or you are not. Really that simple, people argue about what is gorean because they don't read the books or find quotes that are so generalized and off topic its stupid as reference points.

Sl Gorean Dictionary:

Princess- a slave that thinks herself about her IC status in RP; i.e. refusing to be punished, refusing to serve anyone but her owner, refusing to RP with anyone but her owner, refusing to obey free, refusing to show IC respect to free not their owner, etc

Cap Whore- A fw or slave that runs out during a raid into the blades of the enemy just to get captured so they can have a higher chance to get brought to raiders' sim to be raped

Slut in a dress- free woman that goes man to man fucking everyone out of companionship outside gorean standards, just because their AV is good, RP is good, or because they are the "cool" guy.

Cock Collared- FM that gets controlled by his women, either slave or companion

White Knight- FM that goes against gorean custom, IC/OOC mixing, or out of his IC duties to save the FW in distress so he can get a growing fan club of FW thinking he is "honorable" and "trustworthy".

GE (formally known as "combat junkie")- a guy that does not take the time to RP out scenes, just rushes to combat so he can show how 'awesome' he is.
User avatar
Tamar Luminos
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 pm
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:30 pm

Saxon wrote:I have a term for each really, and has nothing to do with narrow minded. Either you are being gorean, or you are not. Really that simple, people argue about what is gorean because they don't read the books or find quotes that are so generalized and off topic its stupid as reference points.

Sl Gorean Dictionary:

Princess- a slave that thinks herself about her IC status in RP; i.e. refusing to be punished, refusing to serve anyone but her owner, refusing to RP with anyone but her owner, refusing to obey free, refusing to show IC respect to free not their owner, etc

Cap Whore- A fw or slave that runs out during a raid into the blades of the enemy just to get captured so they can have a higher chance to get brought to raiders' sim to be raped

Slut in a dress- free woman that goes man to man fucking everyone out of companionship outside gorean standards, just because their AV is good, RP is good, or because they are the "cool" guy.

Cock Collared- FM that gets controlled by his women, either slave or companion

White Knight- FM that goes against gorean custom, IC/OOC mixing, or out of his IC duties to save the FW in distress so he can get a growing fan club of FW thinking he is "honorable" and "trustworthy".

GE (formally known as "combat junkie")- a guy that does not take the time to RP out scenes, just rushes to combat so he can show how 'awesome' he is.


As long as the type of people described above are decent roleplayers, playing an interesting character, and follow general roleplay etiquette- I don't really see much wrong with any of the above, almost all of them could be cool to play with in a scene as long as they are able to stay IC and roll with however the roleplay goes. I used to fuss about all those (now, honestly outdated and tinged with the blurring of IC/OOC) "titles" and bemoan how they were "ruining the setting" but these days, I'd be happy to just find folks able to play a character, avoid being an asshat OOC, and willing to jump in and play with new people instead of just their clique.

Princess slave character that fights being punished, refuses to serve anyone but her owner, refuses to obey free or show respect-- awesome if they're able to play out the repercussions of being drug around by their hair to the nearest slave ring and bound/whipped/cuffed/raped. That could be a really fun scene!

Cap whore character that runs out into a raid and gets captured...great! The attackers get to feel like they scored, the cap whore character gets to hopefully have an epic, intense sexytime scene, it's a total win-win.

Slut in a Dress character, which is pretty much very Fw character on every Gor sim ever...eh, this is pretty much SL Gor RP cannon now. Every FW has been a slave and secretly wants to find The One to make her a slave again. They get caught, recollared, or play out their storyline sneakily and keep it under wraps. No big, honestly it's so common, it's expected now. At least when you see someone playing against this type, they stand out as a pretty cool roleplayer, bucking the trend. LOL It's a valid enough character type.

Cock collared FM- most FM characters, to be honest. And there aren't enough male characters around to counter this, really so it's pretty much SL Gor RP cannon now as well. And like the "Slut in a Dress" character- it's no big, expected to some extent, so the ones who play against type stand out. Also a valid character type.

White Knight character- if someone played this as a character, it'd be valid enough. Could be someone who grew up on Earth instead of Gor and retained those values?

GE combat guys are valid enough character as well, or would be if they were playing characters. Men in the Gor books did love to fight.

I guess, the point is- problems seem to come in not so much with playing these character types as when people simply don't know how to roleplay, how to play a character and stay IC, how to separate IC from OOC, and how to treat other people OOC with respect, common courtesy, and consideration, instead of instant enemies, competition, or merely NPC's in their own grand story. I think if we had more people capable of doing all that, those character types really wouldn't matter.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oor
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 pm
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby Oor » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:05 am

Tamar Luminos wrote:Princess slave character that fights being punished, refuses to serve anyone but her owner, refuses to obey free or show respect-- awesome if they're able to play out the repercussions of being drug around by their hair to the nearest slave ring and bound/whipped/cuffed/raped. That could be a really fun scene!


I love you, Tamar, but you're being ridiculous. This would require the players of male characters to see the players of female slave characters as more than handy NPC drink dispensers. It would require them to think of slaves as adult, vibrant, intelligent, willful, emotional women with histories, stories and personalities of their own. And I'm pretty certain that for 99% of typists behind Gorean male characters in SL, that's invalid.

:mrgreen:
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
User avatar
Oor
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 pm
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby Oor » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:28 am

Saxon wrote:
Sl Gorean Dictionary:

Princess- a slave that thinks herself about her IC status in RP; i.e. refusing to be punished, refusing to serve anyone but her owner, refusing to RP with anyone but her owner, refusing to obey free, refusing to show IC respect to free not their owner, etc

A slave that dares to have a personality, history and emotional makeup, who dares to do anything more than kneel silently, serve drinks and fuck with little-to-no "character", thereby befuddling the poor, addled little brains of the typists of Gorean men.

Cap Whore- A fw or slave that runs out during a raid into the blades of the enemy just to get captured so they can have a higher chance to get brought to raiders' sim to be raped

A typist who is prepared to take risks in pursuit of role play, and is denigrated for it by people who get kicks out of drinking tea in between writing porn.

Slut in a dress- free woman that goes man to man fucking everyone out of companionship outside gorean standards, just because their AV is good, RP is good, or because they are the "cool" guy.

A woman who plays a character that dares to be sexual, about whom many players will bitch OOC without ever attempting to exact any IC consequence.

Cock Collared- FM that gets controlled by his women, either slave or companion

A man who take pains to care for and/or is possessive of and/or is influenced ICly by his companions and possessions.

White Knight- FM that goes against gorean custom, IC/OOC mixing, or out of his IC duties to save the FW in distress so he can get a growing fan club of FW thinking he is "honorable" and "trustworthy".

Usually a typist with a poor understanding of Gorean culture who mistakes Gorean "honour" for medieval chivalry. Usually ridiculed with the term "white knight", usually privately, usually by people with no intention of attempting to explain why or how they got this label.

GE (formally known as "combat junkie")- a guy that does not take the time to RP out scenes, just rushes to combat so he can show how 'awesome' he is.

Someone who adds about the same depth and story to the RP world as a character who never does anything more deep than drinking tea and talking about the weather.


FTFY.

And can we please stop pretending that there is some sort of inherent value to be found in trying to play the "perfect slave" or the archetypal Gorean free man or free woman? There's not. Sure, playing a slave who is striving ICly to be the perfect slave can be great, just as playing a character striving to be the Gorean ideal of masculinity can be, but those are quite different things, I assure you, to having some OOC need to play (and some OOC expectation that others should play) characters that fit perfectly with the philosophy behind the novels. The culture exists to permit for deviations, and the deviations are often where the good shit happens.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
User avatar
Sasi
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby Sasi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:56 am

I'm not sure you read the books, Saxon, else, you would know that each of these behaviors you described is BTB.... You make this common mistake of thinking that every Gorean man is strong and honorable, never possessive about his slave, never jealous when other men look at her, that every slave craves to serve and obey, every FW is frigid and has no interest for sex and nor fascination toward slavery. But when these characters are well played (cf. Oor post), they create great scenes and stories.

Sadly, sometimes, they are like most of these honorable virile warriors, true frigid FW and their perfect slaves: Boring like a dead rat.

Oh, and a slave rper who doesn't want to RP with anyone but her owner is not a princess slave since the decision of playing with someone or not is an OOC one. We have to assume there are no Goreans in OOC, only role players. So, this person is only a role player who chose with whom she wants to RP and decided to limit her IC interactions to the one playing her owner for whatever reason which is her own business. I have personally no issue with such people, they are mostly staying in their room and don't bother me (and most often, it's the slave who is ignored in RP, even when she is part of a scene, people think they acknowledged the character when they emoted they ignored the girl in their post, because they are the typical SL-Gor FM who doesn't like slaves or the typical FW who always ignore these "beasts".....)
Saxon
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:29 am
SL Name: Saxon Rhiannyr

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby Saxon » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:16 am

The problem is they are not BTB and they don't RP it out, the fact you girls are defending these very toxic parts of SL gor which are the reasons why sims don't last a month is part of the problem.

These princess types don't RP out, as oor in some odd way, trying to suggest a slave character has history or her own mind so she can tell a free to go stuff it. I don't see that as developed character, but a girl that knows her master is a coddled pansy that will take her side no matter how bad her RP was just so he can keep seeing her tits on skype lol. If you want to RP with your elite cliques and think you above everyone else, that is great and more power to you, but stay out of public areas. If you are a High slave, you wouldn't be wandering around the city alone. If you got out of your master's house to RP, then guess what, it means you need to RP. So if you out in the public and some free sees you, then you have to obey them or get whipped. which never happens, because people like this always set ooc and walk off or TP out or fake crash. :wave:
User avatar
Tamar Luminos
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 pm
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby Tamar Luminos » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:22 am

Oor wrote:
Tamar Luminos wrote:Princess slave character that fights being punished, refuses to serve anyone but her owner, refuses to obey free or show respect-- awesome if they're able to play out the repercussions of being drug around by their hair to the nearest slave ring and bound/whipped/cuffed/raped. That could be a really fun scene!


I love you, Tamar, but you're being ridiculous. This would require the players of male characters to see the players of female slave characters as more than handy NPC drink dispensers. It would require them to think of slaves as adult, vibrant, intelligent, willful, emotional women with histories, stories and personalities of their own. And I'm pretty certain that for 99% of typists behind Gorean male characters in SL, that's invalid.

:mrgreen:


LOLOLOL Hey, a girl can dream, eh? :lol:
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oor
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 pm
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby Oor » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:01 am

Saxon wrote:The problem is they are not BTB and they don't RP it out, the fact you girls are defending these very toxic parts of SL gor which are the reasons why sims don't last a month is part of the problem.

These princess types don't RP out, as oor in some odd way, trying to suggest a slave character has history or her own mind so she can tell a free to go stuff it. I don't see that as developed character, but a girl that knows her master is a coddled pansy that will take her side no matter how bad her RP was just so he can keep seeing her tits on skype lol. If you want to RP with your elite cliques and think you above everyone else, that is great and more power to you, but stay out of public areas. If you are a High slave, you wouldn't be wandering around the city alone. If you got out of your master's house to RP, then guess what, it means you need to RP. So if you out in the public and some free sees you, then you have to obey them or get whipped. which never happens, because people like this always set ooc and walk off or TP out or fake crash. :wave:


Getting an error when I try to post text - sorry!

Image
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
User avatar
Sasi
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby Sasi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:26 am

Actually Saxon, when I played a high slave I have always emoted why my character was where she was, why she shouldn't be there and that she was aware of the risks she was facing. I emoted about NPC familiar people around, their regards laid on her body, why she felt relatively safe because she knew that she had been seen enough often with her owner, a warrior with whom the average fellow didn't want any trouble.
I would have welcomed any IC trouble happening to my character, of course.

But, most of the times, people who RPed me (when they didn't ignore the posts I wrote for the purpose of making clear I was available to RP, because they probably expected I would come kneel at their feet and beg to be of service, which was a total non sense for my char) RPed:

- Men who didn't like slave girls
- Men who felt contempt toward high slaves
- FW who ignored slaves or didn't mind them (bleh)
- FWs who wanted a drink (thrilling....) in the streets
- People who goddmoded my character (a woman even godmodded that my breasts were heavily swaying.....)
- Shitty and passive agressive thought emotes
- Idiots who commanded my char to go serve to the inn because there was no slave around to serve him and the wench who was with him. First time, my char obeyed, entered into the inn, then, summoned and send a NPC inn slave to their table (and I exited the scene because the guy had interrupted a scene I was playing with another slave with the RP crap of iddle slaves who didn't offered services, godmodded me and skipped my turn to post. Not exactly the kind of RP partner with whom I enjoy playing). After, I refused with a polite IM, explaining it didn't make sense for a privately owned slave to serve in an establishment which didn't own her. I have been called a princess slave.........

Yes, I was a princess because as role player, I defended my right to play my role in a realistic context and expected my role play to be respected. I have been told that I had chose a role which didn't give me the right to pick my RP. It made me a princess. (For the little anecdote, the princess, when a FW noticed her existence, immediately dropped to her knees, head to the ground, frightened which slave girls commonly do in books). But often, noble and gracious FW princesses were puzzled and emoted they were never cruel with slaves (Rather frustrated when I so desperately wanted to meet this typical FW of the books, cruel to slave girls because secretly envious and jealous, sigh....)

And alas... Never a man's jaw dropped when my char wandered around with her chin up, (me too, like Oor, I would have loved this, laugh) Sadly, no one raped my char neither, sigh....

I didn't even dare to hope that some man would attempt to cultivate my char with little gifts in order she influences her wealthy owner in his favor... In SL Gor, it would be pure science fiction, I suppose... Did you ever consider such RP with a high slave, Saxon, tell me?

Most of my best scenes occured with other slave players, actually.

But why, you, Saxon, and so many people in SL Gor can only RP in a black and white environment, one-dimensional which totally ignores the so many details, exceptions, little customs and such applying to some specific characters in the books, and which, often, are not even off norm details, behaviors, situations?

See, it's because I didn't want to RP in this one dimensional aspect of Gor that I bothered reading all the books (one yet and I will be done alleluia!! Phew!). I had forgotten I would have to deal with people who don't even consent the effort of opening their mind to those (perfectly BTB) opportunities (no obligation to read the 33 books, I'm a just a little bit maso). These people stuck with the model of honorable men, frigid noble FW in love with their companion and hard working happy slaves.

They will OOC frown upon the slave who didn't embrace her collar, is petty, selfish and lazy, the high slave who feels superior over other slaves, the FW who has a lover, the FW who bestows her favors to rich FM relying upon their generosity to get her way of life, the man who is jealous of other men who look at his slave with lust and will beat his girl if she dares to glance at these men, the warrior who will treat a captive in demeaning her, treating her almost like a slave, raping her without collaring her...

And these people claim they are BTB... No Saxon, they are definitely not BTB, if they were, they would welcome such stories. These people are definitively Gor-RP noobs.
User avatar
serene mistwood
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:56 am
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx
Location: Earth

Re: Gor Revised.

Postby serene mistwood » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:34 am

Oor wrote:I love you, Tamar, but you're being ridiculous. This would require the players of male characters to see the players of female slave characters as more than handy NPC drink dispensers. It would require them to think of slaves as adult, vibrant, intelligent, willful, emotional women with histories, stories and personalities of their own. And I'm pretty certain that for 99% of typists behind Gorean male characters in SL, that's invalid.

:mrgreen:


This is slightly biased. The majority of female slave players I run into in Gor are quite happy to RP the NPC drink dispenser and their characters are certainly NOT vibrant, intelligent, wilful, emotional adults.

I do kind of understand where Saxon is coming from. There have been so many discussions about the "Special Snowflake* that I don't really wan't to hash it out again - but yeah, in my latest excursions to SL, the sims and characters I visited definitely fall into just two camps - those who are standard, average and typical (and to me boring after a while), and those whom are full of the exception rather than the rule (and often, to me, slightly unbelievable and a bit odd). I'm happy to RP with either really, as well.... I might be desperate that night. :lol:

Truth is, in my experience, out of the two extremes, I would rather take the average and typical as they can be inspired, encouraged and led into a joint scene or story where they begin to be more challenging once they know they can be. The special snowflakes - never. They have their character, their story and their aims and goals and ain't nothing gonna change that. Fine, whatever rocks your boat, but that kind of RP doesn't do anything for me.

I remember visiting Ar once, some years ago. I had a short scene with a slave that was emoting how she had just had a baby, she was flanked by two NPC guards, told me she was a high slave, was weak and ill, little clothing, no sandals, ...it was slightly bizarre. The RP was most definitely ALL about her, no interest in my emotes or hooks.... and in my experience, that's pretty typical of those whom play what would be an extremely rare character type. I'm not saying people shouldn't play whatever the hell character they want, I'm all for creativity. Sadly though, there is very little actual individuality in the high class slaves or other potentially challenging characters I've ever come across.

I wish it wasn't. I respect someone playing within the confines of Gor and pushing its boundries with a knowledge, with an understanding, and with a fascinating unique character. I can think of only two.
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.

Return to “General RP Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron